Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Give me a few mins there, I'm having laptop/internet issues again (on my ps3 doing this)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great progress in this round everyone. Excellent to see.
    Voltwad wrote: »
    Don't forget I'm long overdue a good draw MNG ;)

I was under the impression gimmick was doing the next draw as it's the last of the stip rounds.
    absolutely i presume some people would have at least one pick that they feel in hindsight was wrong i know i certainly do! something like WWE does on WWE.com were the post draft guys are announced would be awesome, if we have a seperate thread, and its all done by PM so its a surprise when people announce their draftee's on the Trade Page:cool::pac:

I would be in favour of an option to make trades at the end of the 15th round but I do think there should be certain limits on it such as that you can't trade more than once or twice. It would sort of defeat the purpose if people made wholesale changes to rosters imo.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

I'm gonna go have a read of the last few write-ups and will post up some thoughts.

I would be in favour of an option to make trades at the end of the 15th round but I do think there should be certain limits on it such as that you can't trade more than once or twice. It would sort of defeat the purpose if people made wholesale changes to rosters imo.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Yeah I agree that a 2 trade restriction should be the limit.
    And thanks to D2D for the heads up on my pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Absolutely 2 trades would have to be the limit, and also it should only be done over a one day period. just to make it more of a rush kind of thing, so if you miss out, you dont get a second chance to trade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Ya two trades max would be perfect

• Advertisement

OK, I should be all sorted now. I'll put my pick up in a mo

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Absolutely 2 trades would have to be the limit, and also it should only be done over a one day period. just to make it more of a rush kind of thing, so if you miss out, you dont get a second chance to trade

Yeah I agree there should be just a 24 hour window. Would probably be best to PM everyone in the game about whatever date we decide upon. Would people be in favour of trade propositions being done in private (via PM) or in public via the picks thread? Let me know what you all think is best.

Just had a read of the recent write-ups. Some thoughts:

JP Liz - Great talkers on your show. I like the idea of JBL and Steph working in tandem. Also liked the Rock's line towards Stephanie in your first show. I remember from last year how fun it is to write for Rock.

Bubs - Really funny shows and the dark humour has me laughing long after I've stopped reading. Sometimes even when I try not to. Keep it up.

Furious Red - Easy to follow and fun to read. Well presented and logical shows and I think you've a great main event there with Jericho and Punk which I'm curious to see how you resolve.

campo - I like you have a clear direction and you build sensibly. You highlight your card as good as anybody and I know what matches you have lined up for your card as you've promoted it effectively.

Voltwad - I'm enjoying the usage of Lesnar. I'd say he's a lot of fun to write for too. I really like the Lesnar/Warrior build. I also got a kick out of the Simpsons/America jnr line by British Invasion.

waltersobchak - Bischoff is great in your GM role. Matches are well thought out and I liked the usage of Teddy Hart. The 'You'll Snap and Tap at the same time' line by Taz in an earlier show was very nice. Like the way you've made Taz look as good as in his ECW days.

Sorry if I've missed out on any recent shows but I intend to review them all at the end anyway so I will try to give feedback to all writers. I know it's good to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think the tradeound is a great idea. But I doubt I'll be using it as I've plan for everyone on my roster and I'm happy with each and every one of them.

Unless someone wants to give me Hogan or Stone Cold for Tony Garea.:pac:

I think it's best to keep it public as there might be misunderstandings with negotiating.
    It could be done as part of the celeb round.

Pick made:)

Jolt, pingi and BH finishes this round off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A great pick D2D i had him in mind for a feud with London

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A great pick D2D i had him in mind for a feud with London

Gabriel/London or Gabriel/Bourne, hmmmm???:pac::D

Gabriel/London or Gabriel/Bourne, hmmmm???:pac::D

Gabriels awesome, great pick, goes very well with your under appreciated underdog roster.. that guy has some serious potential, especially since he's pretty big for a highflyer, was watching some of his PJ Black stuff on youtube and he's as smooth in the ring as AJ Styles or even Evan Bourne.. Id say build him up and put him in a match with Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Wow this round has gone fast. Thought i'd be home before i had to pick so thank goodness for mobiles

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Wow this round has gone fast. Thought i'd be home before i had to pick so thank goodness for mobiles

8 picks since 12pm. Unreal stuff.

2 picks to go now, Pingi and BH and can someone please put the draw up for Rnd14.

For me D2D has made pick of round taking my number one pick for next round

campo wrote: »
    For me D2D has made pick of round taking my number one pick for next round

Sorry, my bad:(;)

Ah no worries ah marufuji, red, Corino, Gabriel ladder match would have been awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill be doing the draw for the next round. Won't have it up until around 7 Id say though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

are you sure about that Pingu? will i pick now?

you could atleast take someone to trade latter perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Naw I'm grand thanks anyways.

Controversial.

Pingi u do know you can pick anyone we are not in the celeb round yet ????

why the odd move Pingu?

pick made, round over.
    Current BWA Roster
    1. Hulk Hogan
    2. Mitsuharu Misawa
    3. Kenta Kobashi
    4. Nigel McGuinness
    5. Kerry Von Erich
    6. The Big Show
    7. Big John Studd
    8. King Kong Bundy
    9. Awesome Kong
    10. Aja Kong
    11. Rowdy Roddy Pipper
    12. Paul Orndorff
    13. Kevin Von Erich
    14. David Von Erich
    15. Muhammad Hussan
    16. Rikidozan
    17. Toyonobori
    18. MsChif
    19. Cheerleader Melissa
    20. Paul Roma
    21. Hercules

What a waste.. Still plenty of quality left

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can i take Pingu's pick for my roster :p

Pm'd gimmick with an idea.

Stay tuned!

I like the idea, but as I said in my reply, it is MNGs final say so, so we shall wait for him.

any chance of the draw wihile im still stupidly awake? :)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I like the idea, but as I said in my reply, it is MNGs final say so, so we shall wait for him.

Pm'd him there.

Advertisement