Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Craig Levein took over at Limerick winning his first four matches (no surprise)!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been playing FM for over 10 years, but I think this is the best season I have ever had!

In my update for last season I mentioned that Man City offered €33m for one of my CMs. I decided to accept in the end as I had others to fill the gap. I spent most of it on a new CB to replace Mats Hummels (33 now) - Martin Sauss from Hannover for €27.5m was my big signing. I also signed two players on loan from United, Koen Roos (very good re-gen striker) who I had last season and I signed Wayne Rooney late in the window after one of my backup strikers tore his calf in a pre-season game.

I won 5 trophies. The Bundesliga (retained), DFB Pokal, the Champions League (retained), Club World Cup and the Uefa Super Cup.
    rRaZF.png
    eWiV1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bundesliga update

Congrats man, serious domination! One question, how come the league's reputation is so low? I thought it was always a 4star league...

Limerick just extended seating at the Naughton III arena to 24178 just under 2k more than rovers have!

Christ this is alot harder than I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Finished my first season at Liverpool in 3rd and won the FA cup after going on an unreal run from the start of the year.
    UQcWO.png

only dropped 7 points in 2033, unfortunately Arsenal and Man City were too far ahead to be caught.
    Next year, tilt at the title and the Champions League!

• Advertisement

Congrats man, serious domination! One question, how come the league's reputation is so low? I thought it was always a 4star league...

Few bad seasons for German teams, coupled with the rise of PSG pushing Ligue 1 up made it drop to 5th. The Bundesliga had 3 teams in the QFs and 2 in the SFs this year along with HSV winning the Europa league so hopefully we move back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

QPR can now add the World Club Championship to their ever growing list of trophies. Literally missing only ONE trophy*, the Euro Super Cup. Dortmund beat me 1-0 :mad:

* Discounting the Europa League as that would require me to drop down. When you're in the Premier League, the Championship means nothing. Likewise with the Champions League and Europa League.

Can you have three jobs at once? I'm guessing no?

Mexico just offered me the job but I dont want to lose the Poland U19's job if I take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You've got to be joking me.

Untitled2.png

Chavways wrote: »
    You've got to be joking me.

Untitled2.png

Even worse because it was in Fergie time after extra time :pac:

• Advertisement

So following on from my success at Limerick, I have brought an air of success to Blackburn Rovers winning the NPOWER League One title with plenty of distance (28 points) from 2nd place Chesterfield. Broke League records for most points scored 113 and most goals scored 130.

Won the Johnstones Paint Trophy against Leyton Orient. Lost 3-2 to Man Utd in the FA Cup 5th round. Lost 3-2 to Bolton in the League Cup quarter final after extra time.

My top player (striker) 30 year Scot scored 70 goals in 42 appearances (54 league goals from 33 apps)

Championship here I come!

After a 3 month hiatus I'm back addicted to this game :o. I have a question for some of the lads who have been relatively(or very) successful in Europe with LOI sides. When ye start to win and the money starts rolling in , is the LOI still competitive or do you just trounce everyone because you have players worth a couple of million? Or do they improve as well because of the league reputation increasing and them getting involved in Europe as well?

After a 3 month hiatus I'm back addicted to this game :o. I have a question for some of the lads who have been relatively(or very) successful in Europe with LOI sides. When ye start to win and the money starts rolling in , is the LOI still competitive or do you just trounce everyone because you have players worth a couple of million? Or do they improve as well because of the league reputation increasing and them getting involved in Europe as well?

They'll improve but at a much slower pace than you. If you do well in Europe, you'll probably end up dominating domestically for a while.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They'll improve but at a much slower pace than you. If you do well in Europe, you'll probably end up dominating domestically for a while.

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i left harps about 15 seasons ago in game time (in 2035), and the LOI is 11th in the league standings, which i think is actually better than when i left.
    They still have one automatic champions league group place, with one in the qualifiers, and a couple more in the uefa cup.
    The big clubs in Ireland are buying players off SPL & lower prem teams, and are able to offer up to 15000 a week.

Like they said, slowly but surely....

Is it normal for a board to expect you to win 4 trophies in a season? I just got the expectations and they want me to win the Bundesliga, German Cup, Club WC and the European Super Cup. They only gave me €7m to spend and my wage budget is still €550k P/W less than Bayern.

Christ things are fair desperate - could be a long season ahead for me. Had to let my fitness coach go, because couldnt afford to offer him contract. My top physio retired and looks like I wont be hiring a replacement and the two I have are not great!

Cant sign any players (loans included) because I have no transfer budget, nor can I offer contracts to released players because I am over my wage budget following promotion.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Christ things are fair desperate - could be a long season ahead for me. Had to let my fitness coach go, because couldnt afford to offer him contract. My top physio retired and looks like I wont be hiring a replacement and the two I have are not great!

Cant sign any players (loans included) because I have no transfer budget, nor can I offer contracts to released players because I am over my wage budget following promotion.

Just like the good old days back in the LOI.

Just like the good old days back in the LOI.

Exactly like that! Except at least I could get good staff and decent players!

Limerick continue to win trophies. They just sold a player I got for free to Newcastle for 14.5 million and Milan have just bid 43.5 million for a player I bought for 1.5 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Exactly like that! Except at least I could get good staff and decent players!

Limerick continue to win trophies. They just sold a player I got for free to Newcastle for 14.5 million and Milan have just bid 43.5 million for a player I bought for 1.5 million!

Love when players you find end up being sold for tonnes of money (even if you're not the one receiving the funds)

• Advertisement

I always suscribe to the players that have me listed in their favorite personnel

Not bothered looking for the post, but am fairly sure it was this thread.

Been at QPR since the start of the game, it's January 2016 and they just asked if I wanted to pick a feeder team :D

1x Champions League
    1x World Club Cup
    1x League Cup
    2x FA Cup
    2x Community Shield
    2x Premier League
    3x Manager of the Year

About time they are realising how awesome I am :pac:

Also, I support Arsenal, but fcuk it, I'm celebrating a 90th minute winner against them in a dead even match to finally put some distance between me and City. Been neck and neck all season, finally have a three point gap over them now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Been at QPR since the start of the game, it's January 2016 and they just asked if I wanted to pick a feeder team :D

Feeder team supplies you? :confused:

dulpit wrote: »
    Feeder team supplies you? :confused:

My sixth! :pac:

They didnt actually let me pick in the end, came back with the usual suggestions. Just as well it was the country I was going to pick anyway. Got DC United.

Since I have been at rovers I have been offered Real madrid job twice and Barca job once....along with a host of premiership clubs. Turned them all down!

Its November and doing well considering the squad and no money I have! Havent been able to sign any players or extra staff and we are lying 3rd in the championship

Beat Burnley too 3-1 so I am at least happy with that outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've won 50 consecutive games in the IPD!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've won 50 consecutive games in the IPD!

Did 65 myself and was on 85 games unbeaten when I left - that run continued on to 96!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did 65 myself and was on 85 games unbeaten when I left - that run continued on to 96!

Came close to finishing it Arsenal style on 49 but my left winger pulled out a 90th minute winner!

I'm on 20 in all competitions....... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

game just keeps crashing but not a crash dump, so annoying. is there anyway to save a database so when i load up the game again i wont have to change everything again. Altho it could be the editor changes?

Advertisement