Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dulpit wrote: »
    I think people should post their game status screens (the one that says how long you've been playing), we might get a fright.

I'm missing League of Ireland football, slogging it out with Crawley in League 2, have already been knocked out of the League Cup but am into the 2nd round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (boo-ya)

Mine says "It's been a while since I had any human contact".

Total game time is 38 days on mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

18 days - Your relationship has expired

Signed a young finnish striker for 3.4 million at the start of the season and he has already broken the league goals scored record of one of my best strikers. He (Pat Cregg) scored 45 in 19 games!

The new lad (Ilkka Turpeenniemi) has scored 48 in 15 games!! And its only July!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

bkPkY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont know what my current one says, but my previous got to "You went on holiday just to see these messages, didnt you?" :D

• Advertisement

My winning streak in the LOI has come to end with a 1-1 draw with dundalk even though we should have hammered them! I won 65 games in a row, my longest winning streak ever!

I recently took over the national team job too which started with a win over San Marino and a loss to France in the WCQ

I have one Spanish player and another Argentian, both super players with great stats. Both made their debuts for Ireland yesterday! :) Welcome Francisco Manuela Martinez and Mattias Serrano!
    I now have 6 of my 7 players in the Ireland squad. The 7th player will probably get called back into the squad again now that he is back in training after injury.

I also bought an 18 year old CB on a free and he's worth 1.3 million after signing a contract.
    I bought a 16 year old CM for 500k and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have one Spanish player and another Argentian, both super players with great stats. Both made their debuts for Ireland yesterday! :) Welcome Francisco Manuela Martinez and Mattias Serrano!
    I now have 6 of my 7 players in the Ireland squad. The 7th player will probably get called back into the squad again now that he is back in training after injury.

I also bought an 18 year old CB on a free and he's worth 1.3 million after signing a contract.
    I bought a 16 year old CM for 500k and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops.

How do you get Foreign players to play for Ireland? Or you playing LOI team.

Im trying to get few English lads on board for Ireland.:)

How do you get Foreign players to play for Ireland? Or you playing LOI team.

Im trying to get few English lads on board for Ireland.:)

I'm playing LOI.

LOI just moved up 8 places to the 15th best league in the world! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm playing LOI.

LOI just moved up 8 places to the 15th best league in the world! :eek:

Wow, I've never seen the LOI move up that high in FM. Are there other teams regualarly qualifying for European comps, or just you?

• Advertisement

It's still on a 3 start rep.

LOI has 5 teams competing in Europe. I didn't realise that! Bray had a brilliant season last season and qualified for Europe. Now they are bottom of the league on 7 points after 15 games!

Limerick have gotten knocked out in the 3rd round knockouts of the CL the past two seasons.
    St. Pat's made it to the 4th round and were knocked out by Lazio who I went on to beat after the group stages.
    SD Galway were in the Europa League but I can't see any indication as to how they got on.
    Bray lost in the 3rd round knockouts of the CL.

My players are demanding HUGE money in contracts. I can offer up to 54k p/w. My highest earner is just under 30k. Dunno what to do!

My wage budget a year is now up to 20 million! I was linked with Real Madrid and instead of denying it I declined to comment but they never offered me the job this time.

Mc Love wrote: »
    My wage budget a year is now up to 20 million! I was linked with Real Madrid and instead of denying it I declined to comment but they never offered me the job this time.

I only seem to get offers if I dont pick any option and just ignore the story. Even declining to comment means the job goes to someone else.

Liverpool just offered me the job. They are 16th with no other competitions while I'm 2nd, two points behind Arsenal, semi finals of the Carling Cup and into the Knockout stages of the Champions League with a 100% win record.

Probably the easiest decision I've ever had to make :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably the easiest decision I've ever had to make :pac:

You took it? ;)

Interestingly enough, I only seem to be offered jobs when I state I am not interested in them... Random enough, and it's a rarity (at the moment at least) that I get offered a role...

Waterford are now the 52nd richest club in the world and are worth €69 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

Has anyone ever successfully appealed a ban in the game? My appeals always fail.

Never won an appeal although SI maintain that it does happen.

I've never bothered, there's no real way of knowing it was a foul or not, is there?

Also, my wimp of a assistant manager never suggests to appeal. He'll tell me if the foul was a bad one, or else will say he didn't see it or says it's up to me to decide...

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Also, my wimp of a assistant manager never suggests to appeal. He'll tell me if the foul was a bad one, or else will say he didn't see it or says it's up to me to decide...

Same with me, I've never had him suggest appealing. I always appeal anyway. But then I tend to only get one or two red's a season so it isnt a huge deal if its rejected.

Yeah you can watch the replay back. More often than not there is no point as they are reckless challenges.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah you can watch the replay back. More often than not there is no point as they are reckless challenges.

I've only watched one or two back, and they normally remind of Vinnie Jones at his worst... :o

Wow, I got a fella in from America on a free and kept him for one season. His stats were amazing but the bored intervened and accepted a bid for 5.25 million from Norwich. Well he was just sold to Tottenham and is now worth 19 million! :eek: Mad to think I found him.
    The club also get 2.9 million due to a clause in the contract.

Yeah I love seeing some of the players that have left the club that I got for free now commanding upwards of deals for 20+ million and playing at the highest level.

Cesc Fabregas has just taken over at Athletic were he was a youth coach.

Managed to go a second season unbeaten in the Premier League. Shamrock rovers had a poor season but staged a comeback towards the end of the season finishing in 3rd. Waterford Utd were up in second for most of the season and finished 5th after we hammered them a few times!

As for my star player - I will let his screenshot do the talking:

IlkkaTurpeenniemiOverview_Profile.jpg

IrishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2-1.jpg

Just beat the no.1 club in the world, Barcelona. :cool:

Scoreline was 0-2. Great way to start the group stages!

Beat Barca 1-0 in the return fixture. Then I hammered Juventus in the return fixture.

15946_10152318893945307_690907489_n.jpg

Won the Premier Division for the 13th consecutive time. Leonardo Perez was my star player, playing OOP on the left for me. 30 appearances this season and 5 last season sees him with 30 goals and 31 assists. My strikers spent most of the season injured and he really stepped it up.

• Advertisement

The board are expanding the stadium AGAIN by 8,000 seats at a cost of 11 million.

Any one ever get this before? I had to request an upgrade.

66055_10152318942730307_1491428883_n.jpg

Advertisement