Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yes if you dont continually keep up the standards - they drop!

Have you a link to those club logo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think they are from fm-base. On my phone at the moment so can't link directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Beat Barca 1-0 in the return fixture. Then I hammered Juventus in the return fixture.

15946_10152318893945307_690907489_n.jpg

Won the Premier Division for the 13th consecutive time. Leonardo Perez was my star player, playing OOP on the left for me. 30 appearances this season and 5 last season sees him with 30 goals and 31 assists. My strikers spent most of the season injured and he really stepped it up.
    This is your year to win the thing Marsie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What a group to top!! Fair play MB!

I topped my group although I just got hammered 4-1 away in Real Madrid - not holding much hope for the return leg. It seems like teams have the advantage of playing games where as we dont because we only have played friendlies. I dont know how I got past the time I won!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've got too many god damn players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've got too many god damn players!

Same always happens to me. I sign a few players with potential, expecting most of them not to make it and be sold on. Fast forward a few years and they are all crying about wanting more game time! Including one cnut who keeps complaining even when playing! :mad:

Oddly, of the four currently complaining, three of them are Brazilian... Wonder if it's a gang mentality? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Including one cnut who keeps complaining even when playing! :mad:

That's happening to me right now. My 2 goalies are essentially the same person, both have same qualities/etc. The only difference is age. I was starting the older of the two (as he was incumbant) and about half-way through season the other guy comes to me to ask for more game time. As he's as good as other guy, I said sure why not, build for the future and all.

He's played every match since that discussion (easily 10 league games and a few cup ties too) and then I got a note from my Assistant Manager saying that the goalie wants me to remember my promise of more game time, otherwise he'll have to go public.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

dulpit wrote: »
    That's happening to me right now. My 2 goalies are essentially the same person, both have same qualities/etc. The only difference is age. I was starting the older of the two (as he was incumbant) and about half-way through season the other guy comes to me to ask for more game time. As he's as good as other guy, I said sure why not, build for the future and all.

He's played every match since that discussion (easily 10 league games and a few cup ties too) and then I got a note from my Assistant Manager saying that the goalie wants me to remember my promise of more game time, otherwise he'll have to go public.. :confused:

Ah I think thats a friendly reminder thats build in the game. Just keep playing youre younger keeper and eventually it will go

Just played my 33rd game with Crawley for the season (2018/19). We're top of League 2 with 70 points, 8 points clear of Swindon. We're into the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, beat AFC Wimbledon in the semi final with an away win in second leg.

My main player is a guy called John McHale, he's played all 33 games and has scored 50 goals :eek: Total games played by him this season: 41, total goals: 59. :pac:

Woo!

Holy fcuk! Jordan Henderson scored!!!

Oh, I guess the scoreline too? :pac:

2wr2eth.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

in the first season of fm12 with this seasons db...reading bet man city 6-1 at eastlands. must be a glitch in the game for results like this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Holy fcuk! Jordan Henderson scored!!!

Oh, I guess the scoreline too? :pac:

2wr2eth.png
    At least the game is realistic anyway!

Beat Preston North End 6-1 in Johnstone's Paint Trophy, John McHale scored all 6. He's up to 77 goals in the season :-)

In my game just now Messi and Ibrahimovic scored all their goals before January(messi finished on 19, ibrahimovic 18) and then failed to score in any game after that :S

Finished season with Crawley Town. Final league position:

Played: 46, Won: 30, Drew: 10, Lost: 6, For: 117, Against: 49 Points: 100

Finished 16 points ahead of Swindon. John McHale scored 74 league goals, had 25 man of matches & had highest average rating (8.18). I won the manager of the season but in a travesty of justice, John McHale lost the player of the season award :confused:

Up to League 1 now, need to find a few midfielders, and need money to hang onto McHale (he'll sign, but I can't afford him right now, will have to have words with the board). They only expect me to avoid relegation, but I want to continue where I left off and get up to Championship...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

bsw81.png?1

Ive never seen that option before...interested to see what will happen...i can pick any club around the world to be my feeder clubs? Or is just different wording to what they usually say?
    Also, imgur allowing to just ctrl&v from the clipboard is genius

Started with Ath.Madrid...I have Barca and Real player stats edited to reflect their dominance of La Liga more in real life(Another thing that annoys me about fm, the disparity between teams isnt as obvious as it should be) In EPL for example West Ham got relegated with a -8 goal difference, has that ever happened? Normally by this time of year a rake of teams have gd's in the minus double digits but in FM teams seem way more even.

It should be a tough challenge because both teams rarely lose. I've holidayed a few new games and they routinely both hit over 90 points and plus 50 goal difference. Seems FM can't replicate Messi or Ronald's goal records though, but both still manage to hit 30 plus league goals.

retalivity wrote: »
    Ive never seen that option before...interested to see what will happen...i can pick any club around the world to be my feeder clubs? Or is just different wording to what they usually say?

Did you start with them? I'm only in 2015, don't want to have to wait 16 years before I get to pick them myself :pac:

retalivity wrote: »

Not exactly, you have to realistic with your feeder club choice, the board can stil not go ahead with your pick if its not suitable and nominate clubs for you like the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ive been with tirsense 7 years.
    I played a little more last night, they came back with a few teams and i made my recommendation. There's been no further word on whether I can select my own feeder teams...ive tried going to a few Team pages and their affiliated club screens to see if i can find an option to recommend themm, but havent got anything yet.
    ispini, is this something that youve had happen to you before? How exactly can i go pick feeder teams?

• Advertisement

There is 2 ways the message can be interpretted

By the board saying they will give you further control over the affiliation can mean they get you to nominate out of a list that they provide

or

After a length of time and success, the board message above will change slightly in that the ganme will physically allow you to pick a feeder club. This depeneds on overall success tho as opposed to length of time

I'm 3/4 of the way through my fourth season and it's the same as when you start. I always take the feeder club option (and training and youth :pac:) when it's there so I'll let people know how long it takes me for it to change, as well as how much I'd won. Just got a fourth feeder club recently so doubt I'll get the option again this season.

Officially squeaky bum time again for QPR.

Beat Man United to win the Community Shield.
    Beat Watford to win the Carling Cup.
    Top of the league on goal difference with eight games to go. Both QPR and City have similar run ins so no slips up allowed.
    Semi Final of the FA Cup against Newcastle, and probably United in the final.
    7-2 up after the away leg against Shaktar in the Champions League Quarter Final, again probably holders United await in the next round.

5 cups on offer at the start of the season, won the first two, very good positions for another two. The Champions League is the really tough one as it'll likely be Barcelona in the final if I make it that far.

If I can win all five, I want the fcuking club named after me! :pac:

Barcelona are literally unstoppable....they finished with a 100 plus goal difference and 105 points. I presume tho after about 3 years they'll fall apart due to the computers inability to maintain a squad.

End of 2014/2015 season:

Community Shield: Check
    Carling Cup: Check
    FA Cup: Check for the second year running
    Premier League: Check for the second year running
    Champions League: Check...... twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fcuking crash dump after winning 5-3 in the Champions League final, had to redo the match and thankfully won 3-2 anyway. Must have misread it last time as I ended up against Real in the semi's and United in the final. Lost 4-0 away to Real and figured that was that. Won the home leg 6-1 :D

Almost blew the league by losing 2-1 to Fulham in the third last game. Just as well City had dropped points already as that only took us level again. MASSIVE second last day to the season. 4th place United vs 2nd place City and 1st place QPR vs 3rd place and still in the title hunt Arsenal. I did my bit and beat Arsenal then United did me a favour by beating City with an injury time penalty :D I returned the favour by beating United in both the FA Cup and Champions League finals :pac:

According to the in game Hall of Fame, I'm better than 'King' Kenny and Arsene Wenger already. Fergie, I'm coming for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

[IMG][/img]welbeck.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've had a player score 8 in a game before but never ever even heard of anyone getting 12, Welbeck you beast! And in my second game after being appointed to my "childhood dream" team... set the tone for the rest of the campaign. Alas they were shocked when I left in the summer after doing the treble to manage lowly Crystal Palace.

Are Bristol just crap in general or does Welbeck do that on a regular basis? Not that many obviously. Most I've gotten in a single game is six. More in preseason Friendlies but they don't count.

If its a common thing for him I think I'll be signing him along with Ramsey (who is already confirmed) this summer :pac:

crushproof wrote: »
    I've had a player score 8 in a game before but never ever even heard of anyone getting 12, Welbeck you beast! And in my second game after being appointed to my "childhood dream" team... set the tone for the rest of the campaign. Alas they were shocked when I left in the summer after doing the treble to manage lowly Crystal Palace.

*cough* Welbeck got 11 and there was an own goal. *cough*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

dulpit wrote: »
    *cough* Welbeck got 11 and there was an own goal. *cough*

:pac:

Ahem :p My bad, was far too excited to notice the own goal! Still, 11 is quite amazing.
    Are Bristol just crap in general or does Welbeck do that on a regular basis? Not that many obviously. Most I've gotten in a single game is six. More in preseason Friendlies but they don't count.

If its a common thing for him I think I'll be signing him along with Ramsey (who is already confirmed) this summer

He's leading the goalscoring chart so far, alot better than I thought he would be, Rooney is old and injured so Welbeck has stepped up and taken his place. He doesn't have a very good star rating but he's still banging in the goals. And yes, Bristol are also crap, no idea how they got promoted. Rooted to the bottom of the table with no wins.

• Advertisement

Signed Welbeck anyway, wasnt too expensive, only £14m. Thought he would cost more so I'm happy with that.

Took the Poland Under 19 job on top of the QPR job. A few reasons, all selfish:

1. I'll gain a knowledge of Polish players which increases the pool of players known to QPR.
    2. I'll learn Polish. Already know English, Dutch, German, French and Italian. Think Spanish is the only major language I'm missing.
    3. A chance to spot young Polish talent before anyone else. Arsenal seem to have a fetish with signing Polish players so this should put me ahead of them.
    4. More trophies on offer :pac:

Did about six months with San Marino in 2014 but all the players were grayed out meaning their was no chance of better players. It wasnt worth the effort.

Advertisement