Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Bought a youngster for €500,000

Show off :pac:
    Also, it's practically impossible to find a decent level left back.

I had eight left backs but only one right back. I'll sell you a load of them if thats the kind of money you're throwing around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Deal! :D I have a good €20 million to spend and 80k in wages!

I have a young Irish 16 year old who is no where near ready to step up but he might have to as back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭kksaints

Have many people tried leagues that are outside of Europe that isnt the MLS or the Brazil league? Must admit its not something I have considered until gnfnrhead post.

In my own game. Having managed Mainz for 3 years and won the German Cup I left Mainz to join Dortmund. Currently in my 2nd full season with them. In my first full season I won the league and the german cup. In my current season we are in 1st during the winter break and in the 1/4 of the cup. Only issue is that my European form is awful. First season I got knocked out of the Euro Cup By LASK Linz before the group stages and next season got knocked out of the champions cup after finishing 3rd in a group with Chelsea, Zenit and Copenhagen still in the Euro Cup at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I added the Qatari league to the game, pretty fun game tbh, league is full of nohopers and mercenaries :D Managing in Qatar in the 10 years before they host the World Cup :D I think the Qatari side in that world cup had like 5 players who became naturalized citizens as well as about 3 wonderkids. Got to the quarter final I think.

Update #2

After exactly six months of friendlies, Black Aces offer to extend my contract by another year. Why? I dont know, nothing had happened yet. Same wage, just an extra year. Oh well, I accepted it anyway. Despite the fact that they agreed to upgrade the training facilities, then cancelled it two weeks later. Kunts.

Following a rough start against four superior teams, I had a run of games against teams in my own division. Eight in total, resulting in six wins and two draws. Five matches against lower league sides saw five straight forward victories against sides with awesome names like Real Barcelona, Peace Lovers and Young Killers. The rest of the overly long pre-season consisted of three matches against Premier Division sides. A win, a draw and another loss to Oraldno Pirates, but much closer this time.

16 matches and only the single loss made for a solid enough pre-season. The problem is despite having roughly a week between each game, the conditioning of every single player was usually in the low 70's at best. Got a new fitness coach and set everybodies training to conditioning but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. Hopefully it picks up when the real action starts.

Only playing matches until the start of June, then giving the players some recovery time. I'll do another two or three easy games a few weeks before the season starts. Right now, I'm looking to win the league outright and avoid playoffs. The problem might be with the conditioning. My players seem to get injured very easily despite the new physio being literally three times better than the original. If that keeps up, I'll struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MOTHERF*CKER!!!!!!!!

In my 2nd full seasin at Liverpool, and have
    rReached the champin league semi finals, against arsenal who are running away with the leageu. Went one nil down, but rallied in the second half to finish the first leg 3-1 up at home.
    Away game, its 0-0 at half time and the game freezes in the haf time team talk screen, not allowing me to start the second half.

B*STARDS!!!!!!!!

The worst part (or best, if you dont like cheaters) is that I was going to save before the 2nd match just in case I got knocked out, so as I could go back and retry. however, i forgot and went straight into the game

Now ive got to go back and play the first leg and 2 other matches that I won...

Announced as Egypt manager and have a friendly the same day!

I hope to win the ACN!

Just to show ye the kind of questions I have to answer when I take up a new position.

480114_10152431233445307_1659902847_n.jpg

retalivity wrote: »
    MOTHERF*CKER!!!!!!!!

In my 2nd full seasin at Liverpool, and have
    rReached the champin league semi finals, against arsenal who are running away with the leageu. Went one nil down, but rallied in the second half to finish the first leg 3-1 up at home.
    Away game, its 0-0 at half time and the game freezes in the haf time team talk screen, not allowing me to start the second half.

B*STARDS!!!!!!!!

Autosave every day is your only man. I used to have it as once a month but when I lost an entire month's worth of games, it took ages to get the motivation to do it again. This way it's at most one game.
    Just to show ye the kind of questions I have to answer when I take up a new position.

480114_10152431233445307_1659902847_n.jpg

Storm out! Storm out! Storm out! Storm out! Storm out! :D

• Advertisement

Haha! I tend to choose the second option...

On the rare occasion that I do the press conferences, I always go with the middle option, giving the media no story at all :pac:

At QPR Mike Phealan was my assistant and kept storming out. Never stopped being funny :D

Has anyone noticed the in the lower leagues, the AI spend some stupid money on positions they don't really need. Like 1860 Munich bought a full back for 6 million, clearly wouldn't be bothered like. Its coz the AI bases its decisions based on reputation rather than attributes.

Munich arent a lower league club. They are in Germany's version of the Championship. That's nowhere close to lower leagues.

lower league below top level, i.e bundesliga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Finding it very hard to push on to the next level on a European scale, made it to the quarters of the Euro Cup after finishing 3rd in my CL group but thats it, got a draw off the other weak team next time out and beaten in all the other games. Still no real wage budget or anything to speak of as most of my money goes on facilities and coaching.

Been offered a few jobs but no interest in leaving just yet, the year has just turned 2020 and I want to do something in Europe this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

In my third season with Sheffield United in the premier league have won the league. By a distance aswell. My policy of signing young players with big potential finally paid off.
    Have 6 young players in the England world cup squad.
    Despite wanting the United job I turned it down when Kenny daglish retired simply because they were just so bad.
    First year in the champions league should be interesting but the European record so far has been poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Qualified from my CL group, well qualified for the Euro cup :) by finishing 3rd in my CL group that is, had a huge win over Galatasaray in Turkey, drew with them at home and held Valencia to a draw at home too, lost two Milan twice but 5 points was enough to see us through, got a very tough draw though in Leverkusen so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

My goalkeeper is on his way to Wolves, who triggered his 3.1mil release clause, the ****. Did well to hang on to him for 4 years though tbh, Hibernian took my best centre back for a million so as long as I can re invest and hopefully find some good young talent out of the money I wont crack up.

Won the league at a canter winning my first 21 games in a row, ended the season unbeaten, drew my last game of the season with a C team out, excellent return, just two draws and no losses. My training facilities are now pretty good, my scouts are decent and the young players I am recruiting/turning out are maturing very well. Selling is the name of the game sadly enough though and more often then not as soon as one of my guys starts really performing well and has a very good season I end up losing him.

Little soul destroying but to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the in the lower leagues, the AI spend some stupid money on positions they don't really need. Like 1860 Munich bought a full back for 6 million, clearly wouldn't be bothered like. Its coz the AI bases its decisions based on reputation rather than attributes.

The people running 1860 IRL are idiots so that is pretty accurate.

Update #3
    MP Black Aces
    South African First Division

Bookies have made me joint favourites for promotion at 5/1. Vasco are the other side, and also conviently my first fixture of the season. Bay United, originally predicted to finish 1st, are 16/1. Top spot is automatic promotion but 2nd through 4th are play off's. Play off's is the minimum I expect but I want first place to avoid it.

Have about eight CB's so I let one of them go out on loan when a bid came in. £5,000 loan fee means with one single player going out, I've made back a quarter of what I've spent. Or, another way of looking at it is it cancels out the loan fee's I paid for two players combinded. I dont plan on selling him unless they make a really good offer. Just a loan then he's back for next season.

After a South Africa trial match, I signed four new players including the hilariously named Kok who made his debut against his previous club and provided two assists. I said previously that I was not bothered with finances due to the board being tight kunts. To prove it, I have 81 players registered for the upcoming season. Only allowed three foreign players meaning 78 are South African.

On the field, we played two non league teams and destroyed them. Then four Premier Division teams. Two midtable and two title challengers. The two midtables teams were hammered and easily defeated. The first title challenger we held to a 3-3 draw having been 3-0 down at one stage. Orlando Pirates, who have been my mesauring gauge were the other. First match we got hammered. Second match we lost, but it was at least a fight. The third and final game? 2-1. To the Black Aces! Massive progress. A final match against a non league side saw another victory.

A week and a bit now for the players to rest up after a seven month pre-season. Then the Cup starts with a home game against Blackburn but not of the Rovers variety. Conditioning is far better now, but the fitness is still a little iffy. Just as well I have no shortage of players!

• Advertisement

i fancy a switch to scandinavia...

Update #4
    MP Black Aces

August/September 2011

Ten games, ten wins. Can't ask for much more than that. Unless you count the South African First Division cup which was won in game number ten. Bar the final, it was a walk in the park. The final went to extra time before I eventually came out 5-3 winners to win my first of hopefully many trophies.

That took up four games (it's clearly not a big competition!) so the other six were in the league. All routine victories: 3-1, 5-2, 2-0, 3-1, 8-0 and 3-1. Top of the league by four points already. Supposed co-favourites Vasco are down in 11th (of 16).

Think I found my star man very quickly this time. Sandile Ndlovu. Was released by a non league club so I got him on a free and he has repaid me with an amazing 23 goals in 10 games. Only downside is he is already 31 years old. 19 year old Cyril Mashego, on loan from Orlando Pirates, is the only person who even comes close due to 9 assists and a goal in his 10 appearances. He is valued at £450,000 so I probably wont be able to keep him after this season.

Sold one of my wide players on deadline day for £35,000 meaning I've made almost double what I spent. Come January 1st I will recieve another £5,000 for an unneeded striker. A few others are complaining about lack of games so if I can find a buyer, they are out the door too.

Finances are my only issue thus far as the club is losing money every month. Recieved £100,000 for winning the cup, but half of that went on bonuses. Based on last month, I'll still lose money this month but hopefully it will be cut in half. £700,000 in the red right now so I'm kinda putting the clubs survival on gaining promotion first time. If I dont win the league, the club is fcuked.

Update #5
    MP Black Aces

October 2011 to December 2011

Good news to start October. The board have given a cash injection of £200,000 taking my debt down to nearly £500,000. I'll still need to win the league though. Dont know where the money is coming from, but they did the same again in December to ensure the debt remained around the £500,000 mark.

A couple of more players are out the door in January to bring in £20,000, hopefully easing the losses every month. A few others are transfer listed so hopefully they will be off too.

20 games in now and my gamble on the finances looks like paying off. 15 league games played and 14 wins with 1 single draw. Currently 14 points clear at the halfway stage. Won the South African version of the League Cup and have progressed into the next round of their FA Cup. The FA Cup looks the most challenging as that includes Premier Division teams. First Division is looking like a walk in the park.

Last two games also saw my first and second choice striker out injured. As such, other players got a chance. One of the strikers who came in was "uninterested" in both games. Seemingly he doesnt mind sitting on the bench in future!

January/February 2012

Another £140,000 brought in by sales of eight unneeded players in January. Could have been much more but it would have required selling two first teamers. I was willing to sell, but only well over value so the other teams pulled out. Monthly losses are now under £20,000 so slowly but surely I'm getting things under control.

On the pitch, it was back to business following those two pesky draws. Meaning, in all competitions it is now 28 played, 26 won, 2 draws, 0 losses.

The SA Cup is finally under way. In December I qualified and now I've been drawn with a non league team with the awesome name of Winners Park. I love these team names! I expect to win that and advance to the quarter finals with little trouble. Hopefully I can continue to get nice draws to build up the finances a little more.

In the league, it has only seven games to go and I'm 22 points clear. Wait..... 7 games multiplied by 3 points equals.... 21 points? Hey! I'm Champions already! 2 trophies on offer, 2 trophies won! The third would be nice, but I'll be in it again next season so it isnt a big deal if I dont win it this year. I had to win the other two as I now wont be competing for them next season. My big risk of blowing the budget and going into debt in exchange for automatic promotion has paid off.

Career History:

MP Black Aces (2011-Present)
    SA First Division Cup: 2011/12
    SA First Division: 2011/12

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Great updates - could never write them so long because I would rather be playing. Its like those threads on the official SI forums - crazy!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Great updates - could never write them so long because I would rather be playing. Its like those threads on the official SI forums - crazy!

I always thought it would take a lot longer which is why I never really did them. Ended up trying it this time and it only takes a few minutes to do it every few months and gives me a few minutes of a break. It prevents me from losing interest. A yearly update would take ages though.

Might give it a try so :)

Finding it a lot harder in the premiership but keeping my head above the water, from leaky (old) defence...Phil Jones came back to his boyhood club (his stats are still impressive and does an average job)

Got hammered by Milan in both our group matches in the Europa :(

Thank you for mentioning that. I usually just read FM-base so after about half an hour, I do be finished and looking for something else to do. That has my night sorted from the looks of things :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thank you for mentioning that. I usually just read FM-base so after about half an hour, I do be finished and looking for something else to do. That has my night sorted from the looks of things :D

I start reading them but half way through I just want to start my own save :D

I start reading them but half way through I just want to start my own save :D

I need it for work. Can't play it so may as well read about it :D

• Advertisement

Update #6
    MP Black Aces

Replace "a piece of candy" with "another trophy" and that's pretty much what I'm like! Won the First Division with 86 out of 90 points, won the First Division Cup and to top it off, pulled off an upset and won the South African Cup too. Whenever Wenger decides to retire, Arsenal can feel free to give me a call based on my FM successes :D

As a result of winning the South African Cup, we have now qualified for the African Confederation Cup. As best I can tell, the equilivent of the Europa League.

Said previously I had no chance of landing Mashego once his loan finishes. Orlando just proved it. They want £2m for him! Mabalane, despite making 36 appearances and being a key player, is available for £10,000. Just a shame he refuses to even listen to what I have to say. Both of my first choice wide players are now going back to their parent clubs. Agreed to sign Letlabika, a very solid 22 year old CB whom I had on loan, for £120,000. More than I'd have liked but he is worth it. He was great all season. Got a young goalkeeper coming on a free and pretty low wages as well as a player who can play literally anywhere in the opponents half. £100,000 so hopefully he can make up for the two players I'm losing.

As for the players who are staying and had a great season:
    Senzo Meyiwa, 27 year old GK that I splashed out £16,000 for at the start of the season and I never looked back. Played all 40 games, keeping 7 clean sheets.
    Tsepho Gumede, 21 year old CB/LB who was already at the club. The biggest rock in my defence.
    Fabian McCarthy, 35 year old CB who partnered Gumede all season. Again he was already at the club. Letlabika has been signed as his long term replacement. All three were great.
    Sandile Ndlovu, 31 year old Striker that I proclaimed as my star man despite being signed on a free when he was released by a non league team. 46 goals and 12 assists would normally make that statement true.
    Normally.
    Myron Shongwe, another 31 year old Striker who was already at the club and partnered Ndlovu up top. 19 assists and 62(!!!!!) goals gives him the crown this season.

If they can keep this level of performance up for next season, I should be right where I want to be.

Finances are still in the crapper. I desperatly need a good amount of money from winning those thropies so I can mount a challenge for the Champions League places in the upcoming season.

Career History:

MP Black Aces (2011-Present)
    SA First Division Cup: 2011/12
    SA First Division: 2011/12
    SA Cup: 2011/12

Advertisement