Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm on 2 myself.

GOML

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

EdenHazard wrote: »
    game just keeps crashing but not a crash dump, so annoying. is there anyway to save a database so when i load up the game again i wont have to change everything again. Altho it could be the editor changes?

I've only had one crash (pretty sure it was my PCs fault) and don't use the editor at all, weren't there editor issues at the start?

WooHoo

Won the League,League Cup and Munster Cup. Dominated the league early on but we were all over the shop near the end and I was afraid we were going to lose it altogether.

Fixtures 2015.png

League Table 2015.png

I got in some youngsters from all over Africa who dominated the league. This guy: Atangana.png was the star player. I has being hounded by League 1 and Championship clubs for him but luckily he stayed.

Also sold my best defender to some moneybags team in Qatar for 1.2 million. Didn't think I'd get much for him but I chanced my arm and it worked out. I got a new pitch,500k transfer budget, upgraded youth facilites and a couple of good players all from his sale.

My other star player on the other hand is throwing hissy fits about moving to a bigger club and wont sign a new contract and nobody wants to buy him for some reason, no matter what the price is.

Eto'o 2.png

Hopefully I'll win a few matches on the road to the Champions League and go for the domestic quadruple next season. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow that African player Eto'o is a beast of a player (looking at his stats)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt want to make any big signings this summer but have decided I'll have to steal Aguero. The fcuker is carrying City by himself, scoring half of their goals this season, including five against me! Still have not beaten them in the league in now 10 attempts. Getting Aguero might be the missing piece of the puzzle. Welbeck is out, the unless bollocks has only managed five goals in over 30 games. My 16 year old from the youth team has outscored him in half as many games!

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever bought loads of very good young players and sold them on 6 months later in a conveyor belt fashion? I've only just realised that all of the African players I'm getting are coming from the same club in Cameroon.I can buy each player for 4 or 500 pounds and they skyrocket in value after a few games.It seems to be a soccer academy.

Chavways wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought loads of very good young players and sold them on 6 months later in a conveyor belt fashion? I've only just realised that all of the African players I'm getting are coming from the same club in Cameroon.I can buy each player for 4 or 500 pounds and they skyrocket in value after a few games.It seems to be a soccer academy.

There is one in France too, Clairefontaine I think. I took everyone on amateur contracts to sell on in a year or two. One of them is a back up in my first team so I'll give them more than six months before shipping them back out.

What's the name of the one in Cameroon?

Chavways wrote: »

Never quite in a conveyor belt fashion but anyone who I can buy in cheap and lock in a long contract on the lowest wages I'll sign if they have some potential... I normally hold onto them for 2/3 seasons though

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There is one in France too, Clairefontaine I think. I took everyone on amateur contracts to sell on in a year or two. One of them is a back up in my first team so I'll give them more than six months before shipping them back out.

What's the name of the one in Cameroon?

KSA is the name of it. They are pretty good players for the LOI. Not sure if they'd ever be up to Premiership standard. It seems that all of the good regens in my game are from Africa. Mainly Cameroon and The Congo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,091 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

can you get work permits for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had a midfielder who I got on a free back in 2020 and sold him to Hibs for 1 million in 2021. Bought him back for 700k in 2028 and sold him again for 1.5million to Wigan at the age of 31 in 2030. Made quite a mint on him!

retalivity wrote: »
    can you get work permits for them?

For most of them I can. Only think I've failed on one attempt out of 6 or 7 players.

I can never sell on the players - because I like keeping them, and watching them become club legends!

Mc Love wrote: »
    I can never sell on the players - because I like keeping them, and watching them become club legends!

One of the first players I signed for QPR is complaining about lack of game time. He's 31 and next season will be at best fifth choice but I just can't do it. I'll make a huge profit on him as he is valued at £1.5m and I bought him for something like £150,000. He was so great in the first few seasons I can't bring myself to ship him out :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

sacked by blackburn after 8 games, damn those venkys don't wait around. I sold Olsson, Givet and some 16 year old to chelsea, got 17 million in fees, ended up signing this Barca B guy(pretty ****), brought jon stead back to Ewood, kalcinic(sp?) from Fulham, Dunk from Brighton and this Polish right back from Anderlecht. All pretty crappy signings tbh. Stead did alright in my brief time there, but he only played due to Rhodes complete lack of will to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Took over Sheffield United in league 1. First season finished second and got automatic promotion to the championship. Pretty much kept the same team apart from buying benjani upfront who was on fire. Finished 6th, went to playoff and were well beaten by Southampton. Next season invested, bought matt Philips from Blackpool, ruddy from Norwich, scannell from crystal palace, benayoun from chelsea. Better season, scored lots, finished 4th. Got to the final of the championship but was beaten by a much better Bolton team on the day.
    Further investment saw Joe Cole drafted in, ched Evans left on a free. Loan players included mark noble, and Some genius from ajax. was lucky to enough to have some very good young players coming through at the time. Was strolling the league when Stoke offered 12 million for Phillips. Had to let him go. Still finished first after struggling for a while.
    Premier league awaited. Knew I needed a big investment. To be continued...

With no funds to sign players, or coaches or even loanee's, i managed to get Blackburn Rovers promoted to the Premier Division, it was tough going at times with injuries and players playing on fumes but I cant believe I have brought them back.
    We have no cash, the stadium is falling down, the training facilities are average - dont know what I am going to do for next season!!

EDIT: to add to my woes, over half my team/coaches have expiring contracts and I have no money to offer them new ones :(:(

With no funds to sign players, or coaches or even loanee's, i managed to get Blackburn Rovers promoted to the Premier Division, it was tough going at times with injuries and players playing on fumes but I cant believe I have brought them back.
    We have no cash, the stadium is falling down, the training facilities are average - dont know what I am going to do for next season!!

EDIT: to add to my woes, over half my team/coaches have expiring contracts and I have no money to offer them new ones :(:(

Batten down the hatches and play a 5-1-4-0 and hope to poach a few goals over the season.:D:D

Fingers crossed you get a bit of cash for the next year anyway :/ I sense some nice defensive football coming on :)

I'm pretty sure in my first season I made Stoke look like a team of Messi's, for 75% of the match it was 10 behind the ball with a big guy up top to hoof it up to and hold it up :/

Somehow they have come up with money from god knows where! 14.8 million transfer kitty and an extension on wages, so jiggled the budgets to give me more money for wages...nothing in the finances saying where the money is coming from either :D

• Advertisement

qqspqv.png
    soclose.jpg?1314381160

Edit: New stadium announced. Ferdinand Park :mad: After all I've won for them?

Edit: New stadium announced. Ferdinand Park :mad: After all I've won for them?

Happened me in a previous game - actually didnt play it for two weeks after and ended up starting a new game because I was so annoyed :eek:

Happened me in a previous game - actually didnt play it for two weeks after and ended up starting a new game because I was so annoyed :eek:

I was only thinking yesterday of stepping down at the end of the current season if I win the Euro Super Cup, or keep going and dominating. Thats the only thing I am missing bar the Europa League which I can get elsewhere. That just confirmed it for me.

Ungrateful bastards :pac:

France and Spain both offered me the main job! Can I not delay the answer until after my third group game with Poland? Beat England, lost to Italy so a draw against Turkey should take me through.

Took the Spain (6th in the FIFA rankings) job, on the day of the last fixture. Was going to resign anyway after the U19's tournament ended which probably would have been today if I lost.

WCQ Group: Faroe Islands (181st), Wales (18th), Bulgaria (69th), Macedonia (73rd), Slovenia (86th). Couldnt really get much better!

Think it might be somewhat of a transition season, 16 players left (either wouldnt renew/sold or just let go) -3.4million
    16 players brought in (two loanees) - 6.25 million

Just won the Munster Senior Cup 9-8 on penalties. Got a 119th minute equaliser. Edge of the seat stuff.

I was only thinking yesterday of stepping down at the end of the current season if I win the Euro Super Cup, or keep going and dominating. Thats the only thing I am missing bar the Europa League which I can get elsewhere. That just confirmed it for me.

Ungrateful bastards :pac:

Now I'm not so sure. Made a profit for the first time in transfers. Spent £15m (£10m of that on Xulu) but recieved £32m. Destroyed City 3-0 (should have been much more) in the Community Shield and hammered Villa 4-0 despite being down to ten men before half time. Everything seems to be coming together. My oldest players are Gioda at 31, Cazorla at 31, Babel at 29 and Fellaini at 28. I have younger players who will be able to take their place with ease when needed. I also have a good amount of young players who are listed as having the potential to be quality players.

Compromise:
    7 trophies on offer, if I win four or more, I'll stay.

I have a message in my inbox saying Waterford United have been seeded for 2nd place but I've been drawn 3rd in the group?! :confused:

Let it be known that August 24th 2016 is the proudest day in Limerick F.C's history.

After coming from behind in 6 matches along the way we qualified for the Champions League beating FCB(who have won the Danish League 6 times in a row) 5-4 on aggregate. We were ravaged by injuries and unregistered players but we still got there. It doesn't get better than this.

Oh wait it does...... 6.2 MILLION IN PRIZE MONEY:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

6.2?! Mine's 7.1!

Still, that's brilliant! If you win or draw, you pick up extra money so here's hoping for ya!

Advertisement