Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Back to back Community Shield victories now for the mighty QPR.

Looking like it was going to extra time despite me battering City. They had one single shot on target compared to my thirteen yet it was 1-1 in the 93rd minute. Joe Hart then makes a balls of a simple back-pass and puts it into his own net with the last touch of the game :D

No better way to start the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm gonna lose a player for free coz I was silly enough to think that he might actually want to stay instead of selling him when his stock was good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So in my game after Trappatoni retired, Mick McCarthy was re-hired as manager. After a few poor qualifying campaigns, Ireland topped the 2020 European Qualifiers group stage, in a group including Serbia, Slovakia, Albania & San Marino. So what reward did the FAI give McCarthy after he guided them back into a major tournament?

They sacked him. :confused:

On a personal level, my Crawley team (who were tipped to just avoid relegation) top League 1 after 12 games (6 points clear of Sunderland, but they have a game in hand). We were knocked out of the League Cup in first round and Johnstone's Paint Trophy in second round though :(

I was also looking at my previous teams, and St. Pat's won another league since I left. One of the best free agents I managed to pick up is now transfer listed by St. Pat's on his request, and they're looking for €13.5 million for him. :eek: Feels good to have found him so many years ago :pac:

I really shouldnt play this so early. My heart isnt able for it :pac:

First competitive game in charge of Poland Under 19's is away to Turkey. A summary along with my emotions:

3-0 down after an hour :mad:
    Get it back to 3-3 by 82 :):cool:
    4-3 down after 85 :(
    4-4 after 89 :)
    5-4 down after 91 :(:mad:
    5-5 with the last kick of the game! :D:D

I'm making may third attempt at beating Ireland with Wales as the game keeps crashing. :mad:
    I bet them 5-1 the two previous times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm making may third attempt at beating Ireland with Wales as the game keeps crashing. :mad:
    I bet them 5-1 the two previous times.
    Did you win the CL yet!?

Did you win the CL yet!?

Nope. :(

Doesn't look like it'll happen any time soon unless Steam fix whatever it is they have broken.

Some fella figured out a fix for the game and I'm back up and running again!

Waterford United moved up to the 15th best club in Europe so our seedings have improved in Europe. This means the league will have 5 clubs compete in Europe at some stage. 2 in the Champions League and 3 in the Europa League. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

after 8 years in portugal and guiding tirsense to 4th place, ive been offered the liverpool job.
    realising that i may never break into the big 3 in portugal, ive decided to move to england to try and make liverool great again. they finished the season 13th, and have some real sh1te on their books for huge wages. managed to get rid of a few, and have started bringin in some players from portugal who i knew.
    Half the season gone, and i sit 8th, but 2 points of 5th. looking to get a few m,ore people in in the transfer window, and will try and push for europe in the second half of the season.

EDIT: Neil Lennon, the only world class manager in the game, has just resigned from Celtic after 21 years to take the Finn Harps job....LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Question for you guys, is there anyone here who regularly moves clubs (ie gets offered a job and takes it)? I've never done it in the past and always aim to bring a lower league club to European glory.

I'm thinking once I'm finished with the Forest blog I'm doing (I've probably got 8 posts to do starting back the first week of February), I think I'll start with a Conference team and see if I (me not the team) can win the Champions League by moving up with clubs.

My only concern is that I'll lose interest as I won't have time to get too attached to any one team...

• Advertisement

Question for you guys, is there anyone here who regularly moves clubs (ie gets offered a job and takes it)? I've never done it in the past and always aim to bring a lower league club to European glory.

I'm thinking once I'm finished with the Forest blog I'm doing (I've probably got 8 posts to do starting back the first week of February), I think I'll start with a Conference team and see if I (me not the team) can win the Champions League by moving up with clubs.

My only concern is that I'll lose interest as I won't have time to get too attached to any one team...

I've started unemployed and moved around whenever I fancied a new challenge. Problem is having so many leagues loaded made the game very slow so that was the only reason I stopped. A better computer and I'd have kept going.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I've started unemployed and moved around whenever I fancied a new challenge. Problem is having so many leagues loaded made the game very slow so that was the only reason I stopped. A better computer and I'd have kept going.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that, again I normally only load up the major countries and then the English leagues down low unless I'm going for an obscure foreign team...

Won the IPD again, 14th time in a row. Won every game in the league, first time I did that!

Loads of my players won't sign for another season and no one wants to be them. Gonna lose four players on a Bosman. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yeah. In my current game I have managed Empoli, Siracusa, Wigan, Mainz and Dortmund currently. In FM07 I managed Udinese, Middlesboro, Sampdoria and Liverpool in the one game.

I enjoy doing when I am not doing LOI careers, it can be tricky sometimes to leave clubs when you sign a load of young players for a club and then leave for a bigger club.

Out of interest, what specs should I look at on a PC to enable me to play loads of leagues? Just RAM or does it use something else too?

kksaints wrote: »
    Yeah. In my current game I have managed Empoli, Siracusa, Wigan, Mainz and Dortmund currently. In FM07 I managed Udinese, Middlesboro, Sampdoria and Liverpool in the one game.

I enjoy doing when I am not doing LOI careers, it can be tricky sometimes to leave clubs when you sign a load of young players for a club and then leave for a bigger club.

Yeah I think I'd be tempted to just sign players at their peak or just past it as I'm only sticking round for a season or two...

Out of interest, what specs should I look at on a PC to enable me to play loads of leagues? Just RAM or does it use something else too?

I run mine off an SSD and with 8GB of ram and it's enough for me... I'd imagine so long as your processor isn't powered by a hamster it shouldn't affect too much?

I used to play on the lappy (old i5, ran very hot, 4GB ram, HDD) and found it to get a bit sluggish after a few seasons with lots of leagues loaded up...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Won the IPD again, 14th time in a row. Won every game in the league, first time I did that!

Loads of my players won't sign for another season and no one wants to be them. Gonna lose four players on a Bosman. :(

Why do they want to leave? I'd expect people would want to buy?? Havent played in ages - everytime I go to turn it on - I dont. Have I reached my quota of FM?

I run mine off an SSD and with 8GB of ram and it's enough for me... I'd imagine so long as your processor isn't powered by a hamster it shouldn't affect too much?

I used to play on the lappy (old i5, ran very hot, 4GB ram, HDD) and found it to get a bit sluggish after a few seasons with lots of leagues loaded up...

I only have a laptop now, when I got it, it was intended as back up and nothing more. My PC now no longer works so the laptop is used for everything. It does the job but is starting to get a little slow and its only 2015/16 with England loaded. Just checked and the standard ram is 4GB, the max is also 4GB so thats useless.

Was thinking about getting a new PC (if I can find something for a reasonable price) so was curious what I should be looking at to run it best.

Don't plan on leaving QPR (even though I've won nearly everything) so I dont need loads of leagues loaded like in my previous game. Made it to 2014 but it was taking at least half an hour to advance a day.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why do they want to leave? I'd expect people would want to buy?? Havent played in ages - everytime I go to turn it on - I dont. Have I reached my quota of FM?

Try a new game, you could just be bored with the current game?

• Advertisement

Because apparently the club hasn't improved it's reputation. It's 15th in Europe ffs. :mad:
    And no, there is no buyers. It's ridiculous!

Also, two of my players hate each other!

Because apparently the club hasn't improved it's reputation. It's 15th in Europe ffs. :mad:
    And no, there is no buyers. It's ridiculous!

Also, two of my players hate each other!

Thats a bit much. I'd condone cheating in that case. Add another manager and buy them at their present value (or lower) because thats not very realistic.

Nah, won't go doing that!

I only have a laptop now, when I got it, it was intended as back up and nothing more. My PC now no longer works so the laptop is used for everything. It does the job but is starting to get a little slow and its only 2015/16 with England loaded. Just checked and the standard ram is 4GB, the max is also 4GB so thats useless.

Was thinking about getting a new PC (if I can find something for a reasonable price) so was curious what I should be looking at to run it best.

Don't plan on leaving QPR (even though I've won nearly everything) so I dont need loads of leagues loaded like in my previous game. Made it to 2014 but it was taking at least half an hour to advance a day.

Jesus that's rough going :/ If you're looking to buy a new one head over to the guys in the PC Building & Upgrading thread, they helped me build mine and they're pros at working to a budget...

For me the individual components I had in the laptop should have been fine but I just don't think it could handle being put under constant pressure and it certainly couldn't handle the heat... I'd say any box & screen would easily out perform a similar laptop...

FWIW: you can add/remove leagues when needed, so when you get bored of your current situation, why not add a league, wait for a job, move, then remove other leagues?

Opened it up and started playing it again - think I was annoyed that we were knocked out of Champions League and the fact I may never win it again! But winning it once is still such a major achievement for a LOI club.

Barca aren't having a great time in my game - hoping the manager gets the sack...blackburn also going through bad times, in relegation zone in Championship, so if either of those two jobs come up, I will apply. Dont think I could go to another English team.

I have resigned from my position at Limerick, having spent the best years of my career at the club and totally changed the face of Limerick FC and LOI football.

It is with great pleasure that I announce to lead Blackburn Rovers back to their rightful place at the top of Premiership from the lower echelons of League One football in their 150th year!

It will be tough as Rovers dont have the resources I am accustomed to, and in that have taken a wage drop in order to turn their status around!

Hoping for a successful tenure at Ewood Park!

I have resigned from my position at Limerick, having spent the best years of my career at the club and totally changed the face of Limerick FC and LOI football.

It is with great pleasure that I announce to lead Blackburn Rovers back to their rightful place at the top of Premiership from the lower echelons of League One football in their 150th year!

It will be tough as Rovers dont have the resources I am accustomed to, and in that have taken a wage drop in order to turn their status around!

Going to be odd seeing you at a different club. You've been with Limerick for as long as I can remember! You and Mars Bar were the constants :pac:

I know!! Its going to be tough because they have very little money - cant even sign the coaches that left Limerick with me

• Advertisement

Good luck with it, keep us posted on how the LOI is going too..

Advertisement