Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The last few games left in a few (due to injuries)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Has the challenge gone out of the game though? Or are you resorting to setting your own mini-challenges?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dulpit wrote: »
    Has the challenge gone out of the game though? Or are you resorting to setting your own mini-challenges?

Can always aim for the perfect season. Win every game and concede 0 goals.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Can always aim for the perfect season. Win every game and concede 0 goals.

wasnt too far away from it - winning the CL was my ultimate goal, winning every game in one season didnt seem too hard to surpass, but not conceding a goal all season would be very tough!

Arsenal just offered me the managerial role - 34 million transfer budget, 2 million wage budget per week, 45k per week

Turned it down!

Resigned from job with St. Pat's. Took a job with Derby County, they were 22nd in Championship when I took the job, 24 games played. Going to try to get them promoted this year... :pac:

• Advertisement

Limerick now has a rep of 3 stars! Same rep as some English Premier Division teams!!!

Took job with Derby. Won through to 5th round of FA cup, got smacked by Everton just now (4-1 in Goodison). League play is up and down, have won a few and lost a few, we're hovering between 15th and 20th (all very close points wise).

Team has a whole lot of deadwood and a high wage bill, so will take the axe to the team once season is finished, and will look to target promotion hard next year.

oghtvd.jpg

Baptismal of fire in my first Champions League appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

oghtvd.jpg

Baptismal of fire in my first Champions League appearance.

That's a tough group, best of luck!

Hope to post here about my own exploits, way down the pyramid, in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish my board would just fcuk off!

• Advertisement

:eek:

542625_10152283869070307_2076025706_n.jpg

It said afterwards that De Gea got sent off for a handball! I hope it was for a handball outside the box...

Grr.. Bad run to let ye know about:

Finished season with St. Pat's, took job with Derby. Had a decent enough season (took over with them in 22nd, had a respectable mid-table finish). Into the next season, picked up a few players and dropped a lot of the deadwood. We started well, expectations from board were set to mid-table, but I switched that up to fight for promotion. We got to 3rd round of League Cup, knocked out by Nottingham Forest (they're in the premiership). Had a bad run of games, and after 14 games into season got fired. Currently Derby are in 15th position in the league with 19 points, 9 points behind the leader and 7 clear of the relegation zone.

As far as I'm concerned, it was too soon by the board. Bah...

I always find that leaving the expectation pretty low helps you have more team even if you know yourself that you are going to win the league! The only plus with increasing the expectation is more money/wages etc

I always undersell my ambitions. I was confidant of mounting a challenge for Europe, but told the board a mid table finish. Next season I was confidant of a title challenge (and ended up winning) but told the board Europa League qualification.

Undersell and they do be delighted when you do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I always undersell my ambitions. I was confidant of mounting a challenge for Europe, but told the board a mid table finish. Next season I was confidant of a title challenge (and ended up winning) but told the board Europa League qualification.

Undersell and they do be delighted when you do better.

Yeah, agree. Always do the same, unless I feel I've a squad capable of the highest expectations in it. Like, if I've won 3 out of the 4 recent titles, I'll expect to challenge/win the league.

The board don't allow me any less expectation than winning the league in my game. :o

Went on holidays for a bit, still no job (unemployment is great though, can take loads of lie-ins and so on).

Was offered 2 jobs in the German second division (I said nein). I applied for Aston Villa, they laughed off my application :(

My current plan is to get a job in either Irish Premier Division (a nice, safe sanctuary) or any English Team in League 1 or higher (League 1 offer would have to be very good).

And I am out for blood with Villa.:mad:

The stadium was expanded again to just over 16k - pretty impressed. I still think winning the CL was my best ever achievement in FM/CM!

Am now with Crawley Town, down in League 2. :o We've not lost a game yet, 8 games in with them. With 4 games left in season there's an outside chance we'll snatch a playoff place, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Next year though is where it's at...

• Advertisement

Brad Friedel did a good job with Rovers getting them promoted in the first go to the Championship. It would feel really strange leaving a rich League of Ireland club playing CL football to go to a struggling championship team if I got the chance that is.

The majority of my squad is asking for transfer requests due to the club rep not improving. I've been rejecting them coz they are under long term contracts but I hope it doesn't affect performances. If I can win the Europa League, it will help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

Started a career with Empoil in Serie B and got them promoted via the playoffs after finishing sixth. Next season signed a load of old players on frees such as Ambrosini and Floccari. Got releagated after playing a defensive strategy for too long. I had a few decent young players coming up so was confident of coming back up next season but I was sacked instead.

Got a job with Siracusa in Serie C/1B next. Finished 8th in my first season which was a lot better than the expections. Next season finished 2nd and got promoted to serie B. Signed a few decent free contracts with a striker called Geradi who scored a lot of goals in serie B. Finished 2nd and got them promoted to Serie A but left them after getting an offer from Wigan.

Joined Wigan who had just been relegated to the championship. Got them promoted quite easily. Then two months into the season when in 15th got an offer from Mainz in Germany and left Wigan to join Mainz. Finished 11th and got to the Cup Final but lost to Bayern. Now starting the 2nd season with Mainz.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The majority of my squad is asking for transfer requests due to the club rep not improving. I've been rejecting them coz they are under long term contracts but I hope it doesn't affect performances. If I can win the Europa League, it will help a lot.

Yeah i think it comes in cycles - its pretty annoying once they have settled down, and then they want to have the talk again.

onyb6.jpg

Imagine leaving early! :pac:

Lost the semi-final of the Europa League to PSG by surrendering a lead in both games to lose and draw. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Lost the semi-final of the Europa League to PSG by surrendering a lead in both games to lose and draw. :mad:

Come on Mars next years the one.I think i want you to win it more than yourself at this stage:D

:pac:

Thanks MrKingsley

I WILL win a European trophy with Waterford United. I WILL!

I think people should post their game status screens (the one that says how long you've been playing), we might get a fright.

I'm missing League of Ireland football, slogging it out with Crawley in League 2, have already been knocked out of the League Cup but am into the 2nd round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (boo-ya)

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    I think people should post their game status screens (the one that says how long you've been playing), we might get a fright.

I'm missing League of Ireland football, slogging it out with Crawley in League 2, have already been knocked out of the League Cup but am into the 2nd round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (boo-ya)

*Johnstone's Paint Trophy South:pac:

Advertisement