Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

No, both work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

5uspect wrote: »
    No, both work.

Would be very crap to play bf3 on pc and with controller and be pinned vs mouse and keyboard warrior army :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Headshot wrote: »
    Doesnt the xbox 360 controller stop the keyboard and mouse working

Nope. I use the 360 controller for jets and helicopters.

only a matter of picking up the controller when in the vehicles and putting it down when back on foot.

though I have had a case or two of the controller still affecting my controls (pushing me slightly to the left) unless i give both sticks a good tug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Chavways wrote: »
    Don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I was obliterating a team so much I got accused of hacking. A 51 kill rush on PS3 with the M240. God I love this game.
    Eh......He wasn't using it on a pc.

Would be very crap to play bf3 on pc and with controller and be pinned vs mouse and keyboard warrior army :)

I wouldn't know, I only use it for flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Hooray for teamwork. My brother disabled an LAV-AD with a guided tank shell, the engineer hopped out to repair it only to get sniped in the back of the head, and have his kit (and LAV) stolen by me :P An MBT paired with an LAV/Tunguska is quite fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I finnaly started learning maps and my tactics and positions. No more running around like headless chicken.

In Rush games I've actually found that a lot times a headlong, ahem, rush straight to the target is actually the most effective way to set the charge. Defenders can be so concerned with the sneaky beggers trying to flank them they totally negelct route 1 and so do said sneaky beggers!
    Support class with claymores is great for this for defending the charge as i invariably get isolated from sneay begger team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

448M headshot from a stationary AA on Kharg Island whilst your man was parachuting out of his plane :D:D Battlefield moments like that bring a tear to the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

aaronh007 wrote: »
    448M headshot from a stationary AA on Kharg Island whilst your man was parachuting out of his plane :D:D Battlefield moments like that bring a tear to the eye

Did you get it recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chavways wrote: »
    Did you get it recorded?

Nay :( Don't have any recording equipment.

But its in my stats so it is on record somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The game is so much easier on the xbox! Either console players are just shít or what I dunno. Playing with a mate in a party and we end up dominating every game. My w/l ratio on Blog is 28.0 for console now :) Any other PC players played the xbox version yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The game is so much easier on the xbox! Either console players are just shít or what I dunno. Playing with a mate in a party and we end up dominating every game. My w/l ratio on Blog is 28.0 for console now :) Any other PC players played the xbox version yet?

Even just two people kind of working together can win a game on 360, sometimes I honestly don't know what the hell the rest of my team is up to :rolleyes:

I think the lack of typed chat or people who use mics contributes to this but you should also consider that as your starting off on 360 the matchmaking might have put you with people of a similar skill level even though you have over 700 kills with the USAS on PC ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That's true actually, didn't think of that. The usas is a weapon that requires serious skill man :p Ha I just think its absolutely class at clearing rooms of guys. It's also class when flanking behind a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

first introduction to the game yesterday, what an introduction.

rockets whizzing by my ear bullets pepperring the ground around me . felling real confident pushing up as i knew there were a few teamates covering me from the house behind only for the house to collapse on to them. then crawling across a bridge only to be wiped out by a tank shell from cross map.

had to keep reminding myself that it was only a game.

I can see it taking double the amount of my life that bad company 2 did.

man i'm getting teary eyed i love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Me, dr astro and mr daz on ts, and squaded up on kharg and using guided shell to take out heli's, the heli guy went nuts and went on personal vendetta to take us out we shot him down at least 4 times the clincher was the final kill when I shot him through the little birds glass with the usas.

whats the story with the hd pack. you need anything special to run that. i refused the download as i wasn't sure does it cost anything? game is beautiful looking as is can't imagine what its like hd and on a decent telly or any telly thats not my piece of crap.

It contains higher res textures that play nice with a disk install.

is that the second disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I found it quite funny the other night on the Craggy server, Seine Crossing conquest

I was in a squad with 2 lads + AnCapaillMor..

I was driving the tank with my mate as MG, I then switched to seat 3 to spot the tank....AnCapaill spawns on me in the tank, not realising he has taken the main seat

AnCapaill : Move !! Go ffs !!!
    Sean : You are in the driver seat ......
    AnCapaill : oops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I keep finding myself listening to the soundtrack (even when I'm not playing the game)

I find it amazing

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I found it quite funny the other night on the Craggy server, Seine Crossing conquest

I was in a squad with 2 lads + AnCapaillMor..

I was driving the tank with my mate as MG, I then switched to seat 3 to spot the tank....AnCapaill spawns on me in the tank, not realising he has taken the main seat

AnCapaill : Move !! Go ffs !!!
    Sean : You are in the driver seat ......
    AnCapaill : oops...

Yeah remember that, hate dudes that just sit there and snipe with tanks, played against someone like that in a previous round(watch below, 2,000 tank kills and barely 50 with infantry weapons). Felt like an ass when i realised i was driver.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/WatIsLose/stats/195405270/pc/

His TAG desribes him best

btw does anyone know what are the permanent upgrades for the IFV, Jet, AA and scout helicopter?

I know the attack helicopters is below radar and the CCTV is the MBTs

but I dont know the rest of them :(

Below Radar for jets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

they nerfed needed points in co-op to unlcok weapons. god bless if you ask me...

to be honest everyone do co-op just to get those weapons anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Had bother getting my 2142 Veteran status added, sent them an e-mail cos I couldn't get onto Live Chat. Reply 15 mins later, done and dusted...
    "I want to inform you that I have added veteran status for BF2142 as you asked for. Please log in to check. Since you are our old and esteemed customer, I am providing you 15% discount coupon code"

How nice.

Anyone want the 15%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

they nerfed needed points in co-op to unlcok weapons.

It took me ten minutes to figure that out when I logged in after the patch and found the majority of the Co-Op guns unlocked after previously having just the first one and 50% of the points for the second. :rolleyes:

So as many of those who played with me know.

i am currently on the quest of getting silver stars for every class and all their main weapons and am working my way through them one by one very very slowly

Assault and Engineer went really quick cause they are two classes I like playing, Support was easy enough for the class star but a real slog on the weapons.

Now I am on recon which looks to be as much if not more of a slog then support.

But

When the night is long and you are working away on ranking up your M40 it's the little things that make you smile.

Such as spotting a engineer outside E on Caspian border laying mines on the road and me being at the back of D not confident of making the hit before he was out of sight opting to shoot at one of the mines instead. Not 100% sure if sniper fire set off AT mines...but they do and it was wonderful.

A daisy chain of explosions giving me 3 anti-explosive ribbons and 2 kills (both counting toward the rifle score) followed by a wtf? comment brought such a warmth to my heart.

Recon may be as hard as support to level up, but I am enjoying it more at times...

Hhmm interesting on the sniper rifles because i used have fun with the old zeller and rdx on 2142.

Surprised about support, i'm well on my way to 3 stars and found getting the 100 kills with the lmg no problem, took an hour maybe 2 hours work, bazaar was great for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

:)
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    So as many of those who played with me know.

i am currently on the quest of getting silver stars for every class and all their main weapons and am working my way through them one by one very very slowly

Assault and Engineer went really quick cause they are two classes I like playing, Support was easy enough for the class star but a real slog on the weapons.

Now I am on recon which looks to be as much if not more of a slog then support.

But

When the night is long and you are working away on ranking up your M40 it's the little things that make you smile.

Such as spotting a engineer outside E on Caspian border laying mines on the road and me being at the back of D not confident of making the hit before he was out of sight opting to shoot at one of the mines instead. Not 100% sure if sniper fire set off AT mines...but they do and it was wonderful.

A daisy chain of explosions giving me 3 anti-explosive ribbons and 2 kills (both counting toward the rifle score) followed by a wtf? comment brought such a warmth to my heart.

Recon may be as hard as support to level up, but I am enjoying it more at times...

I like recon, especially playing Rush on defence and causing mayhem with some spawn beacons...

Advertisement