Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Well seeing as nobody has made a thread so far, I guess we'll start it now.

Just positive talk, folks...your favourite gun, game mode, map, vehicle etc.

:pac:

For me, it's Caspian Border. Along with the tanks. I haven't got used to the choppers yet. Can't shoot for shit with the jets either - but positive about it! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Never experienced a game which can go from zero to intense so quickly.
    Some moments, like taking on a tank singlehanded with a launcher or battling for control of a single street with your squadmates on a map with a dozen streets, fighting going on everywhere, some experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Knifing Max and Gonzo and sadly missing out on Jigsaw whilst on mumble, it was nearly the perfect moment :D

Game is everything i expected it to be, cant wait to play it on a decent PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

getting pretty solid with the choppers, getting there with the jets too. Best thing about the game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Dont ever say uncle Blitzy never helped you.

I think I found an easy way to stat up to heatseakers with jets. Though I'd like someone else to confirm before I give 100% guarantee.

But I think it goes like this:

1. Points awarded to you while in a jet go to your jet score. Regardless of where those points come from (and vice versa) You can miss out on jet points if someone dies after you had bailed out of your jet.

2. Its only something like 500 points for flares and another 1000 for heatseakers.

So the cheap way to get jets.

Play support and get a friend or two to help you. Get them to defend some important point or something and drop them an ammo box

Get a Jet, fly away and try and gain point the honest way

meanwhile your friends will purposely waste ammo shooting a wall and reloading giving you points for resupplying them. In no time will that all pile up into 1500 points unlocking heatseakers.

I wouldnt think it be worth it for higher levels.

I stumbled across this when 2 things happened in my last game. First I laid some mines down earlier in the game and then got in a viper, when the mines went off the 250 points I got went to the viper score and unlocked the next level.

And later when flying the scout chopper a friend spawned on me and I got 10 points. The game ended before I could do anything, but I still got 10 points on my scout chopper score.

So clearly point 1 applies regardless of where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

blitz the tank master lol

any video of tips for using tanks please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mossey is a much better tank player then me :(

but I will catch up with him... I SWEAR IT!

(even if he has over 300 kills...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've managed to play about 4 online games, the servers are absolutely $hite!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Play squad deathmatch

Run to tank and put mines in front of it

Run away and keep doing on what you doing

Hear loud boom and 1-3 kills + tank destruction.

Trolly face. Lolololol

Going to work... BF3 Style !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do we really need one of the sunshine and lollipop threads?
    Leave it to the cod forums tbh,theres already plenty of threads about the game here.
    Id also like to add that ones opinion of the game on a console is vastly different to what the experience is on PC.
    Saying some feature or element of the game is great or terrible will most likely not be the same on all formats.
    This is one game that is vastly different depending on what format you are playing on.

• Advertisement

Don't see why not... this isn't the megahate thread.. only the good ****.

TBH tho... the forum could do with a major clean up... mods ??? Combine the names thread into a sticky, change the names of some of the older threads etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I love it :D i just keep twitter open for warnings of battle feild about server updates .....

cant complain at all ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Love turning up the volume during those choke point fights, like the alley way in grand bazaar. All that tracer fire and explosions makes great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Krieg wrote: »
    Love turning up the volume during those choke point fights, like the alley way in grand bazaar. All that tracer fire and explosions makes great atmosphere.
    Despite my hatred of Engineers and IFV's taking up a position at one end when fighting over alleyway, it's incredibly fun to deploy the M249 (or other high-capacity LMG) and tear everything to shreds :D

Don't see why not... this isn't the megahate thread.. only the good ****.

Ah your probably right, whats the harm, dont mind me i had a sore head this morning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Im currently having a love affair with shotguns and the prone position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

G36C - my long awaited love!

played for ****s and giggles team deathmatch. 33 kills 8 deaths.

starting to learn maps and good flanking spots.

have to go to bed as i need to wake up early for work :(. i will be back my love!

p.s. you know harbor conquest map? If you are engineer, then put up some mines on those ramps from water. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

The satisfaction of taking down a chopper with unguided missile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Had a few cracking games there.
    One particular game on Kharg island there was 3 of us shooting from a window and some dude sneaks up behind us,we all turned around after taking out the enemies outside and theres this lad just standing there frozen,not knowing who to go for first.
    Nobody did anything for a few seconds,it was like some sort of standoff,then I just riddled him out of it :)

I can't wait till this gets fixed up on playstation so I don't have to play on 540p,it's like playing on a DS,but it's unplayable on 1080p :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gotta love unintentional triple kill headshots with the one bullet. Thank you, noobs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Enderman wrote: »
    Gotta love unintentional triple kill headshots with the one bullet. Thank you, noobs!

Like shooting fish in a barrell :D

Loving how, even though you may not have a Mic, get a good group of people as you command the orders and work well as a little unit together. Played a few maps with the same squad and was pretty much epic killing all round (guys distracting the enemy while running up/flanking and plunging the knives in for a sneak attack :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The [TiG] server is absolutely brilliant at the moment. Had an absolutely brilliant time in Grand Bazaar, with the alleyway point switching hands constantly. Loving the game so far.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Had a few cracking games there.
    One particular game on Kharg island there was 3 of us shooting from a window and some dude sneaks up behind us,we all turned around after taking out the enemies outside and theres this lad just standing there frozen,not knowing who to go for first.
    Nobody did anything for a few seconds,it was like some sort of standoff,then I just riddled him out of it :)

I can't wait till this gets fixed up on playstation so I don't have to play on 540p,it's like playing on a DS,but it's unplayable on 1080p :(

"What are ye doin riddlin him?"

My absolute joy in this game is defending control points with a squad. Using claymores, supressing attackers until my squadmates get into flanking positions and generally controlling an area well is pure fun. Playing solo is still great, but you can really dominate when working with others and for me it's when the game comes into it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Krieg wrote: »
    The satisfaction of taking down a chopper with unguided missile

Tank shot is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

seine, metro, grand bazaar are my fav maps.

mostly using engineer, just got scar-h, lovin vehicles.

assault is awsome too.

need more hours in day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS3 player here.

I have some issues with the aiming and I see I am not alone. It is hard to discribe but it just doesn't feel as smooth as BC2.

What a great game though, my k/d is so bad compared to the last game and I am not sure why. I seem to be sh** at this compared to the last.

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-battlefield-3-patch-details-changes-to-aiming-pp-2000-and-much-more/

I cant get enough of the game tbh, its everything i hoped and waited for and then some.
    I bought the game for multiplayer 100%, single player and co-op dont mean much to me.

Dislikes:

Number one for me is the Q key is always bound as the spot/comm rose, even if you unbind it thus making it impossible to bind another action to it, especially annoying if like me you use Q for sprinting normally,it has to be an oversight as i cant believe this was intentional.

The squad system was not available in the beta and they seem to have just tacked it on before release, why not have the same one as BC2? it was perfection.

The invisible ceiling while in aircraft, wtf were they thinking?

Pretty much everything else is great.
    Id as far as to say its the best fps ive ever played,no other game combines everything i enjoy about fps games as well as BF3.
    The weighty feel to the weapons are excellent,a nice balance between realism and fun.
    Vehicles i never really enjoyed in the series before but they are spot on in BF3 especially after a few unlocks.
    Great fun driving a tank taking out vehicles and infantry, using your optics unlock to zoom in and out all the while switching from your main cannon to MG [when unlocked] for infantry all from the drivers seat.

I never bore playing BF3, theres so much to do, whether its sniping with no scope or with a Holo scope or a full on scope or going engineer and taking out vehicles or playing medic reviving team mates or support laying down LMG fire aswell as C4 and Mortars or just whoring it up in vehicles or aircraft all with 63 other players with glorious visuals and audio,theres just so much to do and so much diversity in the game.
    To me atleast so far its a absolute must have game on PC,nothing else comes anywhere near it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

copeyhagen wrote: »
    seine, metro, grand bazaar are my fav maps.

mostly using engineer, just got scar-h, lovin vehicles.

assault is awsome too.

need more hours in day...

I like those maps too but because they're more infantry based, I'll use the Medic (Assault) class on them to back up the team and to help out when we're pushing through an opening - get that defibrillator out! (That last part sounded dirty) :pac:

On O. Firestorm, Caspian, Kharg - I'll go with the engineer because there are more vehicles to repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Venjur wrote: »
    "What are you doing riddlin him?"
    Why not??
    Sadly the option to capture him and hook his balls up to a car battery wasn't available,ffs Dice get on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Enderman wrote: »
    Shooting a chopper down over the sea brings me back to BFV :D Great shooting fish in the water :P

Advertisement