Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

Robby91 wrote: »
    Krieg wrote: »
    Love turning up the volume during those choke point fights, like the alley way in grand bazaar. All that tracer fire and explosions makes great atmosphere.
    Despite my hatred of Engineers and IFV's taking up a position at one end when fighting over alleyway, it's incredibly fun to deploy the M249 (or other high-capacity LMG) and tear everything to shreds :D
    i am getting a ps3 for xmas is it worth getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just had a quick read of it there,it's only engineers that can pick them up.
    No wonder I looked like an eejit walking around in circles in the middle of the road,jumping crouching,stabbing at thin air,lying on the ground and throwing out first aid packs :D

That's my routine for just about anything I don't recognise in the game.. try to stab it.. try to weld it.. shoot it.. deep breath.. attack with c4 and grenades.. until something else catches my attention basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

i love the claymores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Shooting dappergent twice in the transport heli with the USAS was nice and just the USAS in bazaar, its insane close quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You hurt me in my feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Disabled a jet with a tank shell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played a round on UN server last night and on Canals 32 man conquest.

The other team had 7 kills......total.

played several times on a 64 player 1k ticket metro server..

went up 500 grenade kills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Realized how good the SV98 was today when I kept getting taken out by it from 300meters + have been using it since and have a 50% headshot ratio :D

I hate it when I go up against MK11 MOD 0 with it's semi-automatic-ness!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Seifer wrote: »
    Disabled a jet with a tank shell :D

I hit a helicopter the other day. It's pretty satisfying! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I hit a helicopter the other day. It's pretty satisfying! :)

Doing it with the canister shell is the definition of awesomeness.They fly towards you and think they are safe and then suddenly they get a face full of buckshot.Its great against Little Birds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

When an attacking engy thought his wounded littlebird was as good as dead after he crashed it inside a warehouse he wasn't counting on someone repairing it, flying it out of the warehouse, going on a 22 kill streak and successfully defending the remaining mcoms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Canals (Conquest) is great for taking out helis with T90s, I've gotten really good at it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

The armoured mobile AA machine is nothing short of beautiful... when you can get your hands on it :mad:

Got 25 kill-streak; killed 4 helicopters and 2 amtraks and disabled an enemy T90. enemy team got so pissed off with me they made a minefield barring my escape! (I was on defending team, rush)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The armoured mobile AA machine is nothing short of beautiful... when you can get your hands on it :mad:

Got 25 kill-streak; killed 4 helicopters and 2 amtraks and disabled an enemy T90. enemy team got so pissed off with me they made a minefield barring my escape! (I was on defending team, rush)

It's an absolute bastard to take out though. You need two god pilots flanking it to get anywhere close to destroying it. Cuts vehicles and people to shreds, and a skilled driver can win or cause you to lose a round at the first set of mcoms.

It gets even worse for pilots though when you unlock heat seekers for it... especially when you're in a little bird and the pilot doesn't have IR flares :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Realized how good the SV98 was today when I kept getting taken out by it from 300meters + have been using it since and have a 50% headshot ratio :D

I hate it when I go up against MK11 MOD 0 with it's semi-automatic-ness!
    the sv98 rocks i have over 600 kills with it i find best combo was metro with sv98 and a 4x magnification scope , so the enemy doesnt see the reflection , you just rack up the headshots i have over 100 accuracy ribbons thanks to it :D although i mainly use the M98 these days
    i dont like the mk11 or any of the semi auto sniper rifles , i find it hard to get a headshot with them , although i do like using the EMR rifle with just its iron sights for cqb 2 shot kill anywhere on the body and usually on metro they are already wounded so a single shot will kill

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It's an absolute bastard to take out though. You need two god pilots flanking it to get anywhere close to destroying it. Cuts vehicles and people to shreds, and a skilled driver can win or cause you to lose a round at the first set of mcoms.

It gets even worse for pilots though when you unlock heat seekers for it... especially when you're in a little bird and the pilot doesn't have IR flares :(
    I managed to jump in a tunguska at the start of Wake conquest recently, I had unlocked the heatseekers at some stage but never used them, they have crazy fast reload times and combined with the massive view angles of the turret everything that came near me got a barrage of missiles, very OP IMHO as I barely needed the main cannons.

That said when they finally copped on one good attack helo pass had me bailing out, I think its gotten easier to destroy since the 360 patch.

Had a great round on Oman conquest flying the Viper to finally get my service star, swooping low and fast around the buildings picking on armour and then popping up a few times to take out the Havoc while humming the Airwolf theme tune, good craic! :D
    Its crazy how much nicer the Viper is to fly, the Havoc is like an overweight hippo in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Can I just say my new love it C4ing tanks. The shivers you get when running up to a big dirty Abrams, hoping neither the turret or gunner will spot you, laying it on good and deep then running away and letting rip, seeing the vehicle destroyed, double-kill points popping up, just feels so nice! :D

also I recently discovered your c4 stays for 20 secs or so after respawning, so you can still fire them off and get revenge if they killed you in the process. A bit unfair, but still, its great fun respawning and getting back at them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think its longer than 20 secs actually! C4 is awesome though, my fav weapon in the game. Jihad jeeps are good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Today myself and two mates went on a rampage in a tank.

Citv station + guided shell + engineer with javelin + voice comms = pwn

They may nurf this because it is boardering on obscene.....

The only thing to really take us down was a ninja support who got us with c4. Tanks at medium range hadn't a chance. One chopper pilot died many times trying to get us ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Best part of this game for me has been the odd occasion that I get to be gunner for a fantastic chopper pilot. I racked up 20 odd kills in a matter of minutes the other day while flying with a seriously talented pilot. Felt invincible. Sadly, the map ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The skill of a pilot is not as apparent as it was in BF2, or doesn't count for as much.
    This is due to the fact that you get locked onto by everything, and it also depends on what weapons your gunner has.

In BF2 you started with TV missiles, and rockets were decent and powerful, you could take out most vehicles in the map.

In BF3 you get locked onto by a SOFLAM, and if you don't have the EMC Jammer equipped (which most don't) , then you get taken out by someone with a Javelin. It's so frustrating. Especially on maps like Sharqui, or Gulf, where you can be locked on @ Spawn, and unless you can see the SOFLAM, you are dead.

I find a good chopper run being based on what the enemy has equipped, moreso than my skill as a pilot (I had 300 hours in a Chopper in BF2, about 20 in BF3 atm)
    Chopper V Chopper fights are awful, boring and tedious, ....basically they face each other...fire rockets(guided help a little)...miss, lock on, deploy flares, gunner attempts to shoot with gun etc etc ...until someone is unlucky enough to die.
    TV missiles can be used to take out the chopper, but most people have not unlocked them, and those that have don't use them....I've not been killed by a TV missile yet.
    Seat switching is still fun though, though if you miss vs a chopper you're done as you've no gunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I find the best chopper pilots in BF3 are the ones who realize that they are far more effective if they fly in such a way as to facilitate the gunner getting kills, rather than trying to kill by themselves.

The rockets are pretty poor and flying high and slow to try and get a full barrage on a target is a recipe for death.

When I climb in as gunner, I know immediately how good the pilot is as soon as we are off the ground. A good pilot will fly low and fast, snaking through buildings and trees to avoid lock and make it harder for jets to strafe him. The gunner is free to obliterate infantry in the open or at every flag you pass.

Of course, if you are fortunate enough to have good cover from jets, it frees the pilot up to take some chances, getting into positions for rocket barrages and TV missiles.

If a pilot goes straight upwards at takeoff, I get my parachute ready.

yup.. and in hardcore mode the chopper gunner equipped with thermal optics (and a good pilot) is probably the most devastating thing in the game

Especially on a concentrated map like Sharqi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

omerin wrote: »
    i love the claymores :)

My highest "gun"... 100 kills more than the next gun for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Can I just say my new love it C4ing tanks. The shivers you get when running up to a big dirty Abrams, hoping neither the turret or gunner will spot you, laying it on good and deep then running away and letting rip, seeing the vehicle destroyed, double-kill points popping up, just feels so nice! :D

also I recently discovered your c4 stays for 20 secs or so after respawning, so you can still fire them off and get revenge if they killed you in the process. A bit unfair, but still, its great fun respawning and getting back at them :)

Best Description ever!!! :D CLass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

LeighH wrote: »
    I find the best chopper pilots in BF3 are the ones who realize that they are far more effective if they fly in such a way as to facilitate the gunner getting kills, rather than trying to kill by themselves.

The rockets are pretty poor and flying high and slow to try and get a full barrage on a target is a recipe for death.

When I climb in as gunner, I know immediately how good the pilot is as soon as we are off the ground. A good pilot will fly low and fast, snaking through buildings and trees to avoid lock and make it harder for jets to strafe him. The gunner is free to obliterate infantry in the open or at every flag you pass.

Of course, if you are fortunate enough to have good cover from jets, it frees the pilot up to take some chances, getting into positions for rocket barrages and TV missiles.

If a pilot goes straight upwards at takeoff, I get my parachute ready.

I usually try to ask the gunner what they have equipped, so I can fly accordingly.
    Rockets are extremely underpowered vrs infantry, seem to have no splash damage at all.
    Preferably I would ask them to have infra red + TV.
    Being on comms is also a huge bonus.

You can also see the direction your gunner is aiming, and adjust him accordingly (there's a little rectangle = your gunners FOV , and a little square inside that =where he is aiming ) , and you can then tell him left , right, up down etc as needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i think I want the M429 to have my babies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Had a funny moment on wake conquest, in the tunguska and was locked on to a jet, fired one heat seeker then an enemy helo drifts into my reticle and the missile veers away from the jet straight into him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

SeantheMan wrote: »
    In BF3 you get locked onto by a SOFLAM, and if you don't have the EMC Jammer equipped (which most don't) , then you get taken out by someone with a Javelin. It's so frustrating. Especially on maps like Sharqui, or Gulf, where you can be locked on @ Spawn, and unless you can see the SOFLAM, you are dead.

This is why Air Radar is the single most important part of an attack chopper setup. You can check the minimap prior to take-off and prioritise SOFLAMs and fly a route to them first, you can see tanks at all times and it's easy to stay above CITV spotters making them ineffective.

Advertisement