Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Defending the second set of MCOMS on Metro is ridiciously easy. I defended the tunnel down to A (the one with the wooden boards across it halfway down) on my own. Every time without fail the attackers would run straight down at me allowing me to pick them off with ease with the SV98. I got 9 headshots in a row yesterday.

Also, the attack choppers are the most lethal machines in the game. A good crew are unstoppable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sweet! Got my C4 Mastery dog tags. 515 kills so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

raze wrote: »
    This is why Air Radar is the single most important part of an attack chopper setup. You can check the minimap prior to take-off and prioritise SOFLAMs and fly a route to them first, you can see tanks at all times and it's easy to stay above CITV spotters making them ineffective.

Or you can kill everything from extreme range using the spot command, guided missiles and expand your map on the screen

Of course when that starts to happen, even desperate tank crews start scrambling the jets in your direction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Sweet! Got my C4 Mastery dog tags. 515 kills so far

it's getting alot harder now to C4 tanks seeing as everyones copped onto the motion sensor and the fact that the explosives show up on the mini maps(when will they fix this?). c4 jeep is about the only thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

it's getting alot harder now to C4 tanks seeing as everyones copped onto the motion sensor and the fact that the explosives show up on the mini maps(when will they fix this?). c4 jeep is about the only thing now.

I think it's better craic if they have motion sensor, bit more of a challenge. Wait in an alley for the tank to drive by and have the C4 ready, being sneaky works great for me.

Or wait until they are preoccupied with another battle, it's amazing how easy it is to C4 a tank when they are so busy trying to kill a sniper.

The C4 showing up on maps is annoying I agree.

• Advertisement

Showing up is really annoying, mines aren't worth a feck now, used love planting it on the road and running across it to attract the tank. That highway map was awesome for it. I think once they fix that and do something with the RPGS, tank whores will be in for a big shock.

Haven't had problems with either of those issues, most tanks I blow up don't seem to notice me. If they do they hop out, I hop in and kill them. :)

Jihad Jeeps & traps are great craic though. Love when they pay off! Does the C4 have to be spotted by the enemy? Most people don't seem to notice if I've laced a tank or position with C4.

@Ancapaillmor we need to get on the same team some night and take the piss with C4!

Seems to initially show up pink on the mini-map as you plant, then dissapears after a while. Same with mines and claymores.

That being said, i've been having fun with the claymores over the holiday period. Drop 2 switch to C4 on the next death and they seem to stay. Was getting kills 20 mins after dropping them. Love planting them and going prone where you know someone is going to come behind you and try and knife you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

some_dose wrote: »
    Defending the second set of MCOMS on Metro is ridiciously easy. I defended the tunnel down to A (the one with the wooden boards across it halfway down) on my own. Every time without fail the attackers would run straight down at me allowing me to pick them off with ease with the SV98. I got 9 headshots in a row yesterday.

Also, the attack choppers are the most lethal machines in the game. A good crew are unstoppable.

Except the Russian Havoc... its a fcukin barge compared to the nimble Viper. Even the turning radius is wider. Was playing on Kharg last night and am usually on the US side so can swoop down quick and fast and move between masts with ease in the Viper but by christ trying to do that in the Havoc, I committed suicide more times than I care to remember. I also find that you can fire an entire payload of rockets faster in the Viper too... or maybe that's my mind playing tricks on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Double headshot two guys in a moving rib from ~500 meters away with an SV98. first shot at them. Defending on Kharg. Sweetness!

out of interest; is there any notable difference between the SV98 and the M40A5?

Just wondering as I've recently unlocked the latter and am wondering if it's worth using over my fully kitted out SV98?

Also, the M82 (or M85 whatever it is). is that unlockable in the standard game or do you need to get the B2K add-on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Except the Russian Havoc... its a fcukin barge compared to the nimble Viper. Even the turning radius is wider. Was playing on Kharg last night and am usually on the US side so can swoop down quick and fast and move between masts with ease in the Viper but by christ trying to do that in the Havoc, I committed suicide more times than I care to remember. I also find that you can fire an entire payload of rockets faster in the Viper too... or maybe that's my mind playing tricks on me
    Its a proper brick in comparison alright, I read somewhere it has slightly better armour though so a single missile hits leaves you at like 52% and not disabled whereas the viper would be 48%.

I started playing around with claymores and C4 too so a few questions for the people in the know:

• I see I can only lay two claymores and one doesn't instakill somebody so do people lay both together to get kills or what? (I've started throwing an ammo box over them as cover and/or bait for extra laughs too :D)
    • How much C4 does it take on the sides for a 100% tank to go bye-bye? (I've reversed over my fair share of C4'ers so I think this might be a better bet)
    • Is there anyway to throw C4 farther or method to get it to stick to tanks easier, it keeps landing on the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Double headshot two guys in a moving rib from ~500 meters away with an SV98. first shot at them. Defending on Kharg. Sweetness!

out of interest; is there any notable difference between the SV98 and the M40A5?

Just wondering as I've recently unlocked the latter and am wondering if it's worth using over my fully kitted out SV98?

Also, the M82 (or M85 whatever it is). is that unlockable in the standard game or do you need to get the B2K add-on?

i find the sv98 the exact same as the m40 so i only have 50 kills with the m40 compared to 550 wth the sv98 :D

although these days the M98 is the king , its a legend of a gun very little bullet drop compared to sv98 and much faster to target i love it , i have unlocked the 2 new sniper rifles from B2K but i still find the M98 the king , and you can unlock the M98 on the original game you dont need the B2K extension pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Just comparing the two last night for a little bit, it seems the m40 may have a quicker reload time than the SV98, and slightly higher bulletvelocity (lower drop). It's a bit of a difference, but I dont see the point in getting used to the new drop distances on the m40 when you already know them on the SV98when the M98b is only a couple thousand points away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its a proper brick in comparison alright, I read somewhere it has slightly better armour though so a single missile hits leaves you at like 52% and not disabled whereas the viper would be 48%.

I started playing around with claymores and C4 too so a few questions for the people in the know:

It was compensated for in BF2 by the fact it had the most ridiculous gune in the game. A cannon with infinite ammo that fired explosive shells and didn't need to reload :D , the splash damage alone would kill infantry most of the time.

You could have real dogfights in choppers in BF2 though, not this standoff at 500 paces and lockon nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Managed to get the Complete Warrior trophy tonight. Shot down some guy in a jet, parachuted out of my jet landing on a tank, destroyed another tank getting the guy inside it then hopped out and popped a guy who was driving a RIB. I was well chuffed.

Also managed to get my first ever Melee ribbon!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Always have a giggle when at the top of Wake Island across the runway, over the hill, and on the ground;

20E9E58FE8794065B53FF913CBEFD916-0000324027-0002696280-00800L-521160D9C1E74648BAD22F699FF3FE4B.jpg

and today I notice the dinosaur next to it :D

B4449F85613F4A9B97EDC798FCB514DB-0000324027-0002696279-00800L-948FC23B41114C9BA1D30C5571B6801A.jpg

It's a nice touch :cool:

=-=

Is there any way to take screenshots in-game, with Origin? The above was with my iPhone, and I usually forget to turn Fraps on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Me and jigsaw awarded purple hearts for tonights endeavours, in a 3 hour period we went from MVPs to purple hearts :(

Alochol and hardcore servers are the devils!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had a great squad deathmatch game yesterday.

Got on a team with 3 members of some clan. It was one of the greatest games I ever had.

Now when I say team play I mean team play. If one of us went for a poop, then 2 squad members would hold his hands and the fourth one would check if someone is coming to interrupt that sacred action!

There were 4 full squads and we were dominating. Taking over house and defending it untill there is only pile of ashes, then taking over new position to defend and watch over each other backs!

I personally find squad deathmatch an awesome mode, unfortunately it's not popular :(. When its played well it is such a great experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tank whoring on 1para server yesterday with Yitsack and obvisouly pissed off the 1 para lads, on Kharg behind the antenna CITV and lots of giggles.

They sent out 3 tanks, the lav, a plane and both choppers. All heading right for us. Looked fecking deadly altho ultimatley was :(

We went down fighting :pac:

Yeah had something similar going the other day on firestorm, myself and dewinter went soflam\javelin and we held E. We took out a ridiculous of tanks and copters, they kept trying to take us out and E, if they did take it we'd the spawn beacon and took it back instantly. One guy in particular kept trying to take us out and started going on foot. He died about 14 times, 12 of those were myself and dewinter and the best was thing was. he was support. so we kept taking his kit dropping an ammo box and swapping back.

On a side not when looking around for targets on the solfam, i spotted a hidden sniper and started to yell down TS, sniper in the base then i copped on it was me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

there is nothing more frustrating then getting hammered bye a morter on a spawn point,

who ever you are thanks for the really sweet dog tags... :D

AEK-971 show it love... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Good chuckle today. Tried to spawn into an MBT on one of the B2K maps. Others beat me to it and I spawned in front of the main gun. When the round started, the driver fired the cannon - and sent me flying! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

found a great sniping spot in akrkand last night, only got to play about 15 mins, but got 17 kills to 1 death, at which point i had to go to bed.

highest k/d spree for me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Aren't you going to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Was playing Conquest on Kharg on Xbox earlier, jetting about with rocket pods.

I saw a jeep coming from RU spawn heading to D flag, got some shots on him before he went behind one of the containers, but because he was spotted I could see he was going to pop out the other side, so I led some shots and spammed the pods to where he was going to be.

I got the vehicle disable, which is all I was after, then it just kept clicking up: kill, kill, kill, destroyed explosive, explosive, explosive, explosive.

Turns out I hit a fully loaded Jihad Jeep leaving the spawn. I got 3 kills and 800 points total from half a mile away.

C4 Jenkins!

Firing a tank shell into "A" on karkand and triggering awesomes C4 and taking out 5 people with 1 shell.

I think that belongs in the bitching & moaning thread! :P YOU BASTARD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think that belongs in the bitching & moaning thread! :P YOU BASTARD!!!

For him it belongs here ......... for the 5 people it belongs in the bitching and moaning thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Had a great time last night two incidents in particular.

(1) Conquest on Caspain Border. Hop into a tank as gunner at the start. Finish game in same said tank.:) It was unreal myself and the driver absolutely owned the map. My first game with zero deaths as well. :D

(2) Conquest Khrang. I'm support. I arrive at A two tanks. Oh no. I manage to C4 one and it does a little damage to the other. Two lads in the second tank hop out,I kill one and hop in the tank. Second fellow starts damaging the tank using the repair tool so I hop out and he continues "attacking" the tank with the repair tool but he is now actually repairing it so I let him finish, shoot him in the head, hop in my newly repaired tank and wreck havoc. :D:D

EDIT: Also, saw two snipers on the roof of the TV Station so I dash in and run upstairs, get behind them and their T-UGS is going nuts beeping away, knife one knowing the other guy is sure to turn and kill me. Nope. He stays sniping so I knife him too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

I would love Caspian on PS3 if the ticket count was increased, the Caspian games dont last long enough

Advertisement