Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Saiga (awful shotgun that I've been using lately for unlocks) is a noob weapon according to this guy - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Black_Daeth/

Note his top guns. Brought a smile to my face anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got called a "pecheneg ******" "pkp noob" etc today. The pkp is one of the hardest weapons to use. Apart from the morans, im enjoying BF again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Got called a "pecheneg ******" "pkp noob" etc today. The pkp is one of the hardest weapons to use. Apart from the morans, im enjoying BF again :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/kdjac/weapons/189354509/cem_ea_id/

:o

Havent used it in ages tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Caspian Border - just can't get sick of it!
    It's a engineers / mine layers fantasy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Just got he game for €25. Of home in 50 mins to play. But i bet i will be waiting as it will need to download any and all update to the game before i can start. SO im tempted, not to sign in and just play solo mission for tonight. I need a break from Black ops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

You wont be dissapointed!!

didn't get to play online last night. 2048MB needed to be downloaded so i played the 1st 2 levels. Seems very good at the moment. I do find that when aiming down your gun the movement is a little jumpy. May play around with settings and sensitive and see if that does anything.

didn't get to play online last night. 2048MB needed to be downloaded so i played the 1st 2 levels. Seems very good at the moment. I do find that when aiming down your gun the movement is a little jumpy. May play around with settings and sensitive and see if that does anything.

which platform?
    I've XBOX and tinkered around with the sensitivity at the start to get used to the control and have changed it since. You may get killed a fair bit starting off, but your first own kills are moments of extreme joy :D
    It's a brilliant game. enjoy!

PS3.

Hope the updates downloaded during the night. Either way ill be shipping my wife off to been early(poor love you look tired and worn out, and been 6 months pregnant ant helping. Off to bed with you now and have a good nights sleep. Ill be up in 20 mins...)

One thing I hate is trying to learn the MP maps. BUT Enjoy I will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

PS3.

Hope the updates downloaded during the night. Either way ill be shipping my wife off to been early(poor love you look tired and worn out, and been 6 months pregnant ant helping. Off to bed with you now and have a good nights sleep. Ill be up in 20 mins...)

One thing I hate is trying to learn the MP maps. BUT Enjoy I will
    There's a way where you dont need the updates to play online.Im on the xbox but it might work for PS3 as well.Load the game without signing in.When it prompts you to sign in and update,dont.It might prompt you once or twice but just ignore them.Once you get to the main menu, sign in and you should be able to play the game without any updates.Basically its as the game came out first day.

But you have already downloaded the updates then just belt away.And dont forget to turn on color blind assist.Makes the HUD look alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not a huge achievement but I finally got the EOD bot kill. Total fluke but I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

miralize wrote: »
    Not a huge achievement but I finally got the EOD bot kill. Total fluke but I'll take it!

I got the shock paddle kill ( which I didn't even know you could get ) without even trying , I was trying to revive one of my own guys . Then I dropped the connection to the server and thought I had lost it :o , but it stayed in my stats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

jonski wrote: »
    I got the shock paddle kill ( which I didn't even know you could get ) without even trying , I was trying to revive one of my own guys . Then I dropped the connection to the server and thought I had lost it :o , but it stayed in my stats :D

Ah they are easy enough if you get behind someone aim for the chest/ head and most of the time they go down quick I got over 40 in the last 2 days :pac: plus there is a different phrase from your solider when you do it so dice planned for it :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

miralize wrote: »

No one suspects...

wall-e-gamecube-mod.jpg

Best is when you're in a full squad all running a EOD bot (ditto a MAV) attacking on Rush. Enemy must be wondering WTF is going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

After more than 800 hours of gameplay in almost 2 years, I've decided to call it quits with BF3. I'm hanging up my ****bucket for good, deleted all the data off the PS3 and have no intention of going back. Was a mixed bag of a game by way of experiences. From hair pulling frustration of being stuck on a team full of low level players vs 6/7 level 100 guys to last second/ticket wins, my BF3 experience was made more enjoyable due to the motley crue of people I played with.

GGs lads. Thanks for the sheer amount of hours/wins/losses/agonies/elation filled games, but most of all, the laughs. And there were plenty. Hope to see ye on BF4.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    After more than 800 hours of gameplay in almost 2 years, I've decided to call it quits with BF3. I'm hanging up my ****bucket for good, deleted all the data off the PS3 and have no intention of going back. Was a mixed bag of a game by way of experiences. From hair pulling frustration of being stuck on a team full of low level players vs 6/7 level 100 guys to last second/ticket wins, my BF3 experience was made more enjoyable due to the motley crue of people I played with.

GGs lads. Thanks for the sheer amount of hours/wins/losses/agonies/elation filled games, but most of all, the laughs. And there were plenty. Hope to see ye on BF4.

oh, you'll be back.
    Just you see.

bwahahaha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I finally had a proper battlefield experience the other day - a full team of players who actually worked together, communicated and played the objects - we even had a recon guy who understood what a recon soldier is supposed to do ! - it was amazing, best multiplayer fun I've had in ages :)
    Unfortunately it just highlights how bad/boring/irrating the game can be when no-one works together, which is the vast majority of the time. So it's time to put BF3 aside, a great game I wish I'd found sooner, and look forward to BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

This was some game;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4/105553464/278703154/

Was kicking ass with the other team spawn trapped; got boring so I switched teams and with some smoke we got out and eventually won. Granted this was noobfield but some win, we were around 200 tickets down.

Surprised one player can make such a difference as before that the team were resigned to defeat with the usual sniping countermeasures.

mozattack wrote: »
    This was some game;

Was kicking ass with the other team spawn trapped; got boring so I switched teams and with some smoke we got out and eventually won. Granted this was noobfield but some win, we were around 200 tickets down.

Surprised one player can make such a difference as before that the team were resigned to defeat with the usual sniping countermeasures.

Spawn Killing is gods way of saying you suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Spawn Killing is gods way of saying you suck.

Am, why you telling me? I quit the spawn killing team to join the losing team

Am, why you telling me? I quit the spawn killing team to join the losing team

Course you did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

This was some game;

I would be too embarrassed to join the team that got spawn trapped by complete noobs on Damavand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Operation Firestorm, Davamand Peak, Caspian Borders, Noshar Canals.
    I play mostly Operation Firestorm map, and as Recon, mostly coz I have a ****ty satellite broadband connection that lags like crazy and that means I'm at a severe disadvantage on small maps with lots of soldiers running and gunning.
    I get disconnects where I'm just running on the spot in a shaky picture and I have to go to pause menu and back to make it stop, that usually works after a few secs. But lag still gets me killed coz I'm a sitting duck when it happens. Can't do a thing.
    If I join a match and the server's laggy I just have to quit and try another.
    My rifle is the M98B and handgun is the scoped '44.
    I carry spawn beacon and T-UGS. (PSN Johro66)
    I do play Assault, Engineer and Support too when I have a real good connection. But satellite is notorious for its lag and it's all i can get around here so it'll have to do for now. I made it to Colonel service star 1 anyway so far.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    I finally had a proper battlefield experience the other day - a full team of players who actually worked together, communicated and played the objects - we even had a recon guy who understood what a recon soldier is supposed to do !
    Yup that would be me. Spotting for the team, using the T-UGS and spawn beacon in good positions, providing support. Taking out enemy beacons and MAV's etc.

Once, just once, I want to be able to choose from a list of Ratchet and Clank weapons and bring one to BF3.
    The Sheepinator I think.
    :D

jaysis this is on the 2nd page!!!!

Seen a few TIG lads playing on a server so downloaded the entire game and expansions in 21 minutes(upc 200mb:D) and joined them on a softcore gay server. Karma killed me early, got Fairy and towards the end of the round on Oman...I was at A in a tank and seen a transport chopper at E. Fired from main cannon and hit the tail rotor of the chopper, reloaded and adjusted and hit the main part (gay softcore server)

Pretty sure tig lads seen this >>>

KDJAC MBT TIG FAIRY
    KDJAC MBT TIG SYCO

If thats my last move on BF3 it was my favourite :D

BOOM lads BOOM!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

You went to great lengths to get two kills... Having great fun with the game at the moment, ignoring KD ratios and just fcuking with all the pilots etc. On Sharqui we only see one flag, TV Station, and we spend all game attacking and defending that flag, echos of BF2!!!

Tin Bucket hero......get out and fight!

TheFairy wrote: »
    You went to great lengths to get two kills... Having great fun with the game at the moment, ignoring KD ratios and just fcuking with all the pilots etc. On Sharqui we only see one flag, TV Station, and we spend all game attacking and defending that flag, echos of BF2!!!

Tin Bucket hero......get out and fight!

Worth it :D

• Advertisement

Anyone still on BF3?
    I haven't gotten around to getting BF4 - not sure if I'll bother as I need to make more hours in my life for non-gaming activities, and this may kill it all! :p
    Still playing Caspian, Kharg and Firestorm maps whenever I get a chance.
    Not getting bored at all of playing these.

Advertisement