Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm liking the unlockable dogtags, the "Start Walking" anti vehicle one made me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Oh man the single player just got huge bonus marks from me. That wise cracking marine team mate you have is voiced by someone I knew back in school which makes certain scenes all the more entertaining!

I knew he was eerily familiar first time through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

New i5, SSD and Rams.
    Worried about all the talk of dodgey performance with the patch.

Load up, works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Well, I did a bit of moaning after battlelog just after I patched but with a bit of messing around, I got it working again....LOVE the patch..squads thing is both good and bad. Good in that people who join squads actually seem to want to be in a squad..bad is that I nearly always forget to join one at the start :P..

Loads real nifty too with my new ram..8gb..woohoo..

Now if only I had an ssd..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Now if only I had an ssd..

Doeeet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I love those rounds when everything just seems to fall into place.

I was playing last night rush on Op Firestorm things just went smoothly. I was defending and the whole team had a solid defence strategy the enemy had taken 1 mcom so we were all defending the other, snipers assault engineer and support.

Hopped in a tank and with the zoom optics as help took out 6 of their tanks instant respawn i think.
    Then got bored decided to recon a bit and for once the sv98 played nice racked up at least 10 kills with it. We ended up loosing ( they had like 30 out of the 250 tickets left) and my K/D was 22 - 20 or something but brilliant game all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

New to battlefield so this for me was great...

Had a match earlier where an assault guy on my team was killed, I shot his killer, swapped my Engineer class for his Assault class kit and proceeded to defib him back to life with his own defibrillator...felt like Rambo so I did :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Idioteque wrote: »
    New to battlefield so this for me was great...

Had a match earlier where an assault guy on my team was killed, I shot his killer, swapped my Engineer class for his Assault class kit and proceeded to defib him back to life with his own defibrillator...felt like Rambo so I did :)

You'll fit in great with Battlefield! All about team work and keeping your team mates alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nosehair canals earlier today... was on the side that started on land (Russians) ? we started well, capturing two flags from the off and getting the third before the AAV landed. That was quickly destroyed by other team members and before long, the other side were stuck on the aircraft carrier.

Anyway, about halfway through the round, I spotted (by spamming the spot button), a sniper on the control tower of aircraft carrier. He was quite a bit up too so he must have jumped out of the chopper. So I did what any one in my situation would do... took out my RPG, aimed about 1 and a bit times over the tip of the triangle above his head and fired. Turning away to take out more landing forces, "genisis87 killed XXXXX" scrolls up on the screen. Fcuking delighted :D

EDIT - Checked Battlelog, t'wasn't a headshot after all. My longest headshot is still 195 and a bit metres. Distance from the AC to the docks is surely longer than that... Maybe I just got over excited and assumed :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I love doing that with an rpg! Shoot at the sniper miles away n wander off and a kill pops up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Found a new love for recon.

M98b+holographic+laser(or taclight)+ straightpull= pure run and gun sex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Nothing more satisfying than a long headshot :) ...197m is my best..really taking to recon lately...it's so satisfying getting the bullet drop just right.. canals <3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

James74 wrote: »
    Have to say I love the mines when driving my tank with thermal optics on.

Loads of free points and ribbony goodness :P

Can anyone tell me what a Tanker loses when he chooses thermal optics? It has to be something really useful or this is just plain ridiculous, mines would become utterly pointless.

karma_ wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what a Tanker loses when he chooses thermal optics? It has to be something really useful or this is just plain ridiculous, mines would become utterly pointless.

I only started using thermal optics recently but really miss my zoom optics. Takes a bit of getting used to without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mines would become utterly pointless.
    Yes, but it can be hard to tell if they're friendly or enemy mines. A lot of people place their mines beside enemy mines so it's hard to tell from the mini-map.

As regards what's against thermal, I'm not 100% sure but, I think zoom optics, maintenance, IR smoke and a few other things are.

Decryptor wrote: »
    Yes, but it can be hard to tell if they're friendly or enemy mines. A lot of people place their mines beside enemy mines so it's hard to tell from the mini-map.

As regards what's against thermal, I'm not 100% sure but, I think zoom optics, maintenance, IR smoke and a few other things are.

Hehe... tell that to the four guys I killed in a hummer earlier. Placed my mines almost right on top of their own teams :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

That's exactly what I mean! Most of the time I just blow up all the mines I see, friendly or not. Too many times I've stopped in a panick about a foot away from a mine with my heart pounding only to find out it was friendly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Nothing more satisfying than a long headshot :) ...197m is my best..really taking to recon lately...it's so satisfying getting the bullet drop just right.. canals <3

Playing rush on Kharg Island the other day some fool was firing stingers at me as we were attacking the first set of MCOMS. He ended up getting me so when I respawned I did so as recon. Using the SV98 and bipod I lay down on the deck of the carrier offshore and found him and shot. A headshot. From 599m! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

drive right up to mines and a little blue yoke appears over them if they are team (oh yeah and they show on minimap)

also.. if you go within ten miles of a mine on bfbc2 they blow up.. in bf3 you gotta drive basically right over them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Mortars :D :cool:

and so much fun tho you need good players to mark

• Advertisement

Capping a flag at Seine Crossing and killed a support enemy. Took his gear and threw out a few ammo boxes. Picked my own gear back up and threw out a few medic boxes and watched the points roll in... it was glorious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I was obliterating a team so much I got accused of hacking. A 51 kill rush on PS3 with the M240. God I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

PS3 or Xbox dont count tbh, assisted aim :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

TheFairy wrote: »
    PS3 or Xbox dont count tbh, assisted aim :(
    More skill required in using a controller so I think the assisted aim kind of evens things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Got to agree with cambo, I still can't use an analog stick on an fps. So fair play, its the ultimate accolade when you get accused of hacking and you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Controller is hard to use. So fair play on that streak.

I finnaly started learning maps and my tactics and positions. No more running around like headless chicken.

Gettin a hang of snipers. I have to say I did upset good few rival snipers lolololol!

Can't wait to order my new system so I can enjoy killing people on ultimate settings!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How can you use a controller with a mouse/keyboard?

Headshot wrote: »
    How can you use a controller with a mouse/keyboard?

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Doesnt the xbox 360 controller stop the keyboard and mouse working

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Doesnt the xbox 360 controller stop the keyboard and mouse working

I have no idea. Newer used it on pc.

Advertisement