Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I had to endure 49 kills with the AEK-97 but I eventually unlocked the Kobra red-dot sight and I kicked ass last night. Lots of double kills, its a beast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

mozattack wrote: »
    I had to endure 49 kills with the AEK-97 but I eventually unlocked the Kobra red-dot sight and I kicked ass last night. Lots of double kills, its a beast.

shussh...

(the fewer who know about this the better...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oh we knew, we just unlocked the f2000 and forgot about the old AEK. I'm still gutted at how bad the AN-94 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Oh we knew, we just unlocked the f2000 and forgot about the old AEK. I'm still gutted at how bad the AN-94 is.

I heard the AN-94 was poor alright (not unlocked it yet). Shame cos probably my favourite gun in BC2. :(

F2000 is unlocked but I seem unwilling to use it cos it seems to be the noobgun of choice. Will eventually get around to it but for the moment I will choose to ignore it.

B2K is unreal brilliant, on Gulf of Oman I spawned in a Spawn Beacon and handed on the top of building near where the attackers deploy (I was playing defence). I kicked butt, they could get at me on top of building - was some shame when I ran out of Ammo! ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

SOFLAM + Javelin = teh win.

Myself & a mate nailed a few littlebirds ,that engineers hanging out the back repairing them, in one shot with the javelin. Impossible otherwise to kill with SAMS.

(We don;t even bother usings SAMs any more)

Knocked a few havocs out of the sky today as well with the soflam + guided shell from a tank.

Awaiting CITV station on tank to cause major mayhem to choppers :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

the_syco wrote: »

the last bit with mortars was just awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Defending rush last night on Caspian Border turn a corner to see two guys neatly standing in a row, but I'm coming from their side so they don't see me. I line up my headshot carefully and let fly. Triple kill. wtf? These guy were so neatly packed together I din't even see the third guy. Three kills, three headshots. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

So I just got an accuracy ribbon... by emptying a magazine from the hip. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Ok I realised I've been doing too much posting in the other thread. When it's not crashing this is one of the most fun games I've ever played. On a great run tonight with scores of 32-9, 29-9 and 17-0.
    The littlebird on Noshahr Canals is just amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So I was playing conquest on Oman, zooming around the "City" flag in a DPV looking for people to run over :) when an attack helo tries to come in low and get me except he screws up, clips a building on the left taking the side off it and then goes rotors first across the street annihilating two buildings before exploding,
    IT WAS AWESOME!! :eek:

Also jackhammer is pretty fun, fires slower than the USAS but seems a bit more accurate :D

After brief stints back at assault and engineer i went back to support and re-discovered my love for support and C4. Sharqui and karkand are made for C4, although oman is made for jumping of a high building under contruction, pararchuting and landing on an apc planting c4, jumping off to the tank beside it, planting and getting 4 kills.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

C4 is easily the best weapon in the game, so satisfying when you get a load of unexpected kills with it. Like c4ing an IFV full of men. Also I only found out yesterday that you can still blow it up if you die and respawn!

Ah that it explains it, last night i was in an APC reversed over some dude and i blew up 30 seconds later(C4) and the kill cam showed the guy on the carrier. now thats a very very handy thing to know, lost counts how many times i planted and got shot. so its just a case of respawning, switching to C4 and click?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can you? Was that recently changed? You couldn't do it in BC2 except in the Vietnam expansion.

I must start using it some more...

Yes I think so, I dont know if there is a timer on it. I was playing on xbox though so hopefully its still in the pc version. I've lost so many kills from not using it too, especially when trying to blow up tanks. I'll try it now on pc and see how I get on

I'd say its on because i was going mad over the guy on the other side of the map C4;ing me. Fecking hope its on, never checked for it before so don't know was it patched in. Was even roaring at airblazer on ts last night to revive me because i'd C4 on yankinlk and plaguemarines tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt know it was there after death :(

Got my 1st(and only) Skid Loader kill the other night, plaguemarine i think it was :) Should be an award for that.

Stuck C4 on someones tank last night, they must have heard the "planting C4" and jumped out so i jumped in and shot him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got my 1st(and only) Skid Loader kill the other night, plaguemarine i think it was :) Should be an award for that.
    My first kill with the jet was a road kill :P I was trying it out, not flying very well and was dive strafing a guy on top of a hill, pulled up at the last second and avoided the ground but not him :D
    Enjoyed it so much I went onto a flight practice server afterwards to get flares and heatseekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yes I think so, I dont know if there is a timer on it. I was playing on xbox though so hopefully its still in the pc version. I've lost so many kills from not using it too, especially when trying to blow up tanks. I'll try it now on pc and see how I get on

I only noticed it since B2K on 360, mainly because my C4 was still marked on the map when I respawned and got some sweet revenge :D
    It's just aswell I worked it out because I had though it was hilarous driving around in a tank with loads of red C4 markers on it.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    There's an achievement on xbox for it which I have gladly collected :)
    Its worth a nice few points too so you really have to watch your back around the airfield at wake!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got a septuple kill with one grenade on Wake Island last night. Never lolled so hard. Must've been spawning on each other over the rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I was playing Caspian Border conquest at the weekend and drove a tank out of the US base. Way over the treeline, spawn point C I think, I seen the enemy viper helicopter and from just outside the base, took a pot shot with the tank's cannon. I lol'd so hard , at taking down the chopper with one unguided cannon shot. Bit of a fluke to be honest! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Just an FYI for the C4 dudes.. Im 99% certain I read on the BF forums that its like 20 seconds they remain active for after you respawn!

Cheers, it would make sense to have it like that. It's well handy though

Sorry if this is old news to everyone else but I just discovered you can pick up the enemy's AT mines. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Sorry if this is old news to everyone else but I just discovered you can pick up the enemy's AT mines. :eek:

And what happens if a friendly tank drives over you after you pick one up? :eek:

And what happens if a friendly tank drives over you after you pick one up? :eek:

When I picked them up, they just vanished. I don't know if they get added to your inventory or not because I didn't have mines equipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    When I picked them up, they just vanished. I don't know if they get added to your inventory or not because I didn't have mines equipped.
    How do you pick them up??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cambo2008 wrote: »
    How do you pick them up??

R when close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just had a quick read of it there,it's only engineers that can pick them up.
    No wonder I looked like an eejit walking around in circles in the middle of the road,jumping crouching,stabbing at thin air,lying on the ground and throwing out first aid packs :D

Advertisement