Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

hypermuse wrote: »
    seriously??

It tell you what button to push on the screen and when! :rolleyes: haha! :D

In the bottom right it says x for parachute (on PS3 anyways)!!

I obviously dont pay as much attention as i thought to things, I havent ever noticed this, im definitely going to get up in the air to jump out and test this! Im sure it does work, hopefully it does, will sort most of my problems out!

Lol @ parachute - space has been my saviour since BF 1942!

I think the Multiplayer training scenario is a very good idea.

For real benefit it should focus on

Stay with your squad.
    Support your squad if you can (ammo / health / revive).
    Cap and hold control points.
    Dont waste transport vehicles.

I would go so far as to say that you should get more points for doing anything if 2 squad members are within 50 yards. It's so essential in this game and would make the game far more enjoyable and realistic if people focused on squad play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I obviously dont pay as much attention as i thought to things, I havent ever noticed this, im definitely going to get up in the air to jump out and test this! Im sure it does work, hopefully it does, will sort most of my problems out!

best place to test it is either juming outa a chopper or play Damavand peak and do the basejump!!

Check this video.. You'll see where it tells you what button to hit in bottom right (think this must be PC version)..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Calibos wrote: »
    Eh, unbind the F key and then the mouse button will work. I thought this was common knowledge? Hold escape to unbind keys,
    For some reason, this doesn't work for me :(
    hypermuse wrote: »
    best place to test it is either juming outa a chopper or play Damavand peak and do the basejump!!
    Open it too low, it doesn't work and you hit the ground. Too high, and you become a slow moving target :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Finally got to use a parachute! Its tue little things in life that keep me happy haha

Cant get enough of this game, its none stop chaos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Just managed to get the IRNV sights for the SCAR-H... I never expected it to be so damn good on Operation Metro/Grand Bazaar (I haven't tried it on any of the larger maps just yet). Now that I have the A-91, I'm torn between trying it out (it's supposed to be really good, can anyone confirm?) and just sticking with the SCAR + IRNV sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

<3 me some jets and choppers ! Finally getting to record some BF3 gameplay. Wee video i made from 4 games lasts nite (Theres no video thread :P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Im currently having a love affair with shotguns and the prone position :)

My 260CS and 5 service stars agree with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Robby91 wrote: »
    Just managed to get the IRNV sights for the SCAR-H... I never expected it to be so damn good on Operation Metro/Grand Bazaar (I haven't tried it on any of the larger maps just yet). Now that I have the A-91, I'm torn between trying it out (it's supposed to be really good, can anyone confirm?) and just sticking with the SCAR + IRNV sight.

Yeah was in the same boat, totally skipped the A-91, now i'm in the same dilemna with the G36C. Also in the same boat with the M416 and M249.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just repeat that I adore this game

I do hope they do something about the engineer fixing a disabled tank or a disabled tank still working but still a superb game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Robby91 wrote: »

I used the scar & g36c alot but I too heard that the A-91 was good so I gave it a shot. Its class, rapid fire, low recoil & decent mag size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

There is something really rewarding about jumping in a chopper with 2 other squad members, flying to capture flag points and one member jumping out of the chopper to hunt a guy while the other provides covering fire from above.

Then getting the chopper to land and pick you up again!

Or getting a squad member to fly his jet while he is being chased by an enemy jet over your AA position.

Its the simple things in life I enjoy!

Was playing a 64 player Caspian Border match there, I was playing terrible so I said fúck it ill just go around knifing lads for the craic. Turns out that was a good plan as I got at least 15 knife kills in between holding the Hill, forest & gas station. We also came back from well behind to win it. God I love this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was on a 3 match losing streak lastnight on The Irish Guard server. Finally pulled a game back in Caspian. Cully_IRL, I was cursing your name, everytime I died it was by your hands :o

My guy shouting "Planting C4" was beginning to annoy me as most times the crews heard it and started to jump out before i detonated so ive started to plant it, hold r to pick it up and press "E" to enter the vacant tank, thank you very much for the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got f2000 yesterday. Now I know why I had so much Nerdrage in squad death matches.... That weapon is just OP.

I am so in love with bf3... It just makes so many epic moments at random. Those epic moments most of the time do not involve 15 kill streaks etc.

In casual boarder I went for hill top as engineer. Mines and stinger. Shooting down the jet which is chasing your teammate, then hear a huge boom and see a cloud of dust where enemy tank used to be, which haven't seen your mines... Then by some luck you manage to hide in a bush to reload your toys and take out 3 enemies with your handgun... **** yeah....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Is the UMP still as powerful as it was in the Beta or did it get a nerf?

My guy shouting "Planting C4" was beginning to annoy me as most times the crews heard it and started to jump out before i detonated so ive started to plant it, hold r to pick it up and press "E" to enter the vacant tank, thank you very much for the tank.

Thank you for that idea sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Burgo wrote: »
    Is the UMP still as powerful as it was in the Beta or did it get a nerf?

I was looking forward to UMP, but when I unlocked it, I had a "I am dissapoint, son"

It has recoil like a bastard. Does not to that much of damage too. I would stick to g36, f2000 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Haha brilliant. Although he doesn't say "planting c4" all the time, only heard it once and I've killed dozens of tanks with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Had a brilliant moment last night in Bharg Island (or whatever its called) Was one on one with a guy while I was trying to capture the C point. Emptied my clip but he was still alive, he was about to get the kill when one of my team tore through the wall in a tank and roadkilled him...it was like something that should have been in the campaign!!

I played an exuberant amount of Bad Company 2 and didnt think they could do much more apart from do a better job of the leveling/unlocking system (which they did) but my god, two weeks in and I have to say its cracker of a game. So balanced (well maybe not Conquest on Metro). Love what they've done with the classes. Feel like they spent many meetings talking about how they could change things up without breaking the experience. Still a few too many snipers for my liking, wish we still had the tracer dart to let players on your own team know you weren't happy with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Knowing Horse... His character would say it all the time ;-)

MR DAZ wrote: »
    Knowing Horse... His character would say it all the time ;-)

1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Well this was my Sunshine & Lollipops moment , using the IGLA last night and got a lock on the heli , waited for someone else to fire so he dropped his flares , locked on again and fired , got the hit and he went down ... then the points started coming up on the screen ... the usual damaged the chopper , killed the chopper , killed the pilot killed the co-pilot and then one more........ Road Kill ! no idea who else I killed or how I killed them bar the chopper falling on their head

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any kill against Wonda-3oy is a sunshine and lollipop moment. Hearing him moan when I knifed him was instant pleasure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Enderman wrote: »
    Any kill against Wonda-3oy is a sunshine and lollipop moment. Hearing him moan when I knifed him was instant pleasure :pac:

Ah, that kind of knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

10 claymore mine kills on Grand Bazaar RUSH last night rocked. Love it.

Put them down in "B" peek out and the enemy will run after you... BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Took a full huey down the other night. Son was using soflam and me using javelin. They where repairing in the chopper like hell, everyone was trying to shoot them down until we finally got the job done. Think I got 5 or 6 kills!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Best part about the game is that you don't have to get kills to win. One game today, 0 kills - 4 deaths and 4500 points in Conquest. All I did was spot, heal and drive from point to point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Controlling the MAV..... ALL game long. Thousands of points, fast way to get the surveillance medal (10k points every time you get it). Was at top of the board a few matches.. 0 kills 0 deaths

Its fun lighting the enemy team up like orange Xmas lights, and watching your minions (your team) kill them all.. its like being God for 10 minutes

Advertisement