Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Committed C4 suicide on B Flag at metro.

Came around from the pillars in front of the escalators with C4 equipped and there 5 of them capping the flag. Had time to get the C4 dropped and triggered.

5 person multikill by some complete fluke.

Sudden realisation I was a C4 god. Subsequently blew myself up again because I had no idea what I was doing and panicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Premium and the Premium Edition pack are €24.99 and €29.99 on origin atm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there's a video up of the crossow gameplay for premium members.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reported as a cheater on 1Para server last night :D On Seine playing rush attacking at A, i was in the tunnel leading to the alley, he was hiding behind shop on the road. Could clearly seen enough of him to shoot so i did :D

Felt special and loved :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Random in-game aftershocks during a multiplayer level in aftermath? Yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

since the hacker stole my profile and i had to start a new account and start back at rank 1, ive being called a hacker a lot lately , guess they are not used to a corporal ending up MVP on a 64 man server :D
    have to say conquest domination is a great way of ranking up fast , already after only 12 hrs a sergeant major with a score per minute of 1300 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It does help when you're playing beside a guy that is as awesome as me in fairness :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It does help when you're playing beside a guy that is as awesome as me in fairness :P

what you on about , you brought me down with your noobish tactics :p
    and cowardly behaviour not even taking that other pilot up in his challenge ;)

Anyone C4d a chopper in flight?

Came so close today, if anything thats my ultimate wish to c4 a chopper in flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

dreamers75 wrote: »

Came so close today, if anything thats my ultimate wish to c4 a chopper in flight.
    got one that was hovering over C on kharg once, much prefer an RPG though :D

• Advertisement

C4'd a jet in flight once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I did, once. Ages ago. Although, I did plant the C4 before he took off, so I guess that doesn't count. :pac:

Tried to get in the chopper on the hotel (I think it's a hotel) on Sharqui. Guy on the other team (we hadn't seen each other, opposite sides of the chopper) got in first. Had a brain wave and started planting the C4 while the chopper was warming up. Sprayed the chopper with my LMG to catch his attention as he was taking off. He went up, turned around. I started jumping to make sure he saw me. The nose dipped as he started coming in for his attack run and... boom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I technically did :D It was Conquest on Gulf of Oman.
    I planted C4 all around a flag. Some guy comes along to hover his helicopter over the flag to capture it. BOOM :pac:

I was honestly suprised it worked. He was a good bit off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Some dude tried to roadkill me with a Havoc on Firestorm...got a bit of C4 on it and boom.

with 17 hrs game play since my account was hacked im just 1000 points below the rank of captain , should get to colonel around the 20-23hr mark :D spm between 1300-1400 , the amount of points you get in conquest domination is nuts , still constantly being accused of being a hacker , even got kicked from a server last night because they couldnt take a sergeant major being MVP with a 3-1 K/d :rolleyes:

and i was right just made full Colonel with 22.5 Hrs game play , quite an improvement on the first time round :D

C4`d a chopper.

I actually waited a while before i detonated just to ensure i had a good view of it. On Canals he landed at E capped the flag and i got it on.

Should be a medal for that **** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

and i was right just made full Colonel with 22.5 Hrs game play , quite an improvement on the first time round :D

wish they went back to the ranks in BF2..I was only a Captain but it means more to me than these stupid 100 ranks of Colonel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Just looking at Blazer's profile pic, the air warfare medal.

I won 5 of them in a single game last night, how the hell does that happen? I was playing jets n' heli's in a 1000 point game on Oman. What's the actual criteria for one of those medals?

5 medals seems kinda.... too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Just looking at Blazer's profile pic, the air warfare medal.

I won 5 of them in a single game last night, how the hell does that happen? I was playing jets n' heli's in a 1000 point game on Oman. What's the actual criteria for one of those medals?

5 medals seems kinda.... too much.
    You probably got 5 ribbons in the one game, not 5 medals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

You probably got 5 ribbons in the one game, not 5 medals.

nope, 5 Air defence medals. 10,000 points a pop. went up to level 60 general with that game. (a crap load of ribbons to boot)

Edit: Just checking criteria

Air warfare Ribbon: In a round, kill 5 enemies with air vehicals
    Air warfare Medal: Obtain the Air warfare Ribbon 20 times

that makes sense as I've got 682 Air warfare Ribbons, and 34 Air warfare Medals. I definatly did get 5 medals (not ribbons) in yesterdays single game, but I also definatly did not get 405+ aircraft kills in a single game....

Glitch me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

nope, 5 Air defence medals. 10,000 points a pop. went up to level 60 general with that game. (a crap load of ribbons to boot)

Edit: Just checking criteria

Air warfare Ribbon: In a round, kill 5 enemies with air vehicals
    Air warfare Medal: Obtain the Air warfare Ribbon 20 times

that makes sense as I've got 682 Air warfare Ribbons, and 34 Air warfare Medals. I definatly did get 5 medals (not ribbons) in yesterdays single game, but I also definatly did not get 405+ aircraft kills in a single game....

Glitch me thinks.

They changed the criteria required to obtain quite a few medals so I'm guessing its simply the new model catching up to your own stats. Got a buttload of ribbons and medals in my first few games the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I FINALLY UNLOCKED HEAT SEEKER MISSILES FOR A JET!!!

I saw a jet was available and spawned in it, I was on the American side in Kharg Island. Was about to take off, and saw our helicopter being destroyed by an enemy jet that landed on our aircraft carrier. Cut right through with my jet and unlocked the missiles :D

Don't bother with the heat seekers dude. Most good pilots can dodge them or just repair with the extinguisher. The guns are the best way to take out other air targets & using rocket pods/guns on ground targets works best. I also use the extinguisher because a lot of guys will just disable you and fly off expecting you to bail. Press 'X' then go and kill them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Dumb ways to die (in Battlefield) song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W71h7NWEdg&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Liked bf3 so much on ps3, I decided to buy it for pc :) dreading downloading all updates + expansions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Back playing battlefield after weeks of COD and halo4.

I am sorry for ever bitching about this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Liked bf3 so much on ps3, I decided to buy it for pc :) dreading downloading all updates + expansions.

is it possible to copy the data and patch folders (22gb) from a mates PC?

heck if possible i could even post you an external HDD on it if you really wanted.

Although by that time you might have it downloaded but offer stands!

danniemcq wrote: »
    is it possible to copy the data and patch folders (22gb) from a mates PC?

heck if possible i could even post you an external HDD on it if you really wanted.

Although by that time you might have it downloaded but offer stands!

yeah will be a 1% download to get the installers.

just make sure you point origin to the game install

• Advertisement

Ciano35 wrote: »

Compared to ps3 it will be worth it trust me.

In other news, this new DLC has got me actually enjoying playing battlefield(c4ing people) again. Really enjoy all the maps & scavenger is pretty good also

Advertisement