Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

danniemcq wrote: »

is it possible to copy the data and patch folders (22gb) from a mates PC?

heck if possible i could even post you an external HDD on it if you really wanted.

Although by that time you might have it downloaded but offer stands!

None of my mates play bf3, just cod :(

Wow that's really generous of you, thanks but I think I'll leave it download over night, it's on 22% on the updates already :)

Just played campaign while waiting for expansion packs to download... This is brilliant, amazing graphics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Just played campaign while waiting for expansion packs to download... This is brilliant, amazing graphics :)

just wait till you get to the part you have to sneak up on the guy and kill him

stupid mission

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Theres a singleplayer? :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Theres a singleplayer? :p

Haha don't worry, as soon as the expansion packs are finished I won't be going near it again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Won a round of gun game yesterday. My team was behind but managed to pull a win out of it. Sprinting around with the knife is tense!

Charged the enemy frontline from behind, game was over before anyone knew what was going on. Forgot how great this game is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I usually try to have a fews games of BF3 with a mate on the weekend but haven't got on for a few weeks now as too many other good games out at moment. Wanted to have a quick game just now so started up Origin and saw that not only do I have to download Aftermath (just under 4GB), I also have to download a fecking 4GB+ patch.

:Edit:

Cheers 422nd ;)

To make this post all happy... Once they were all downloaded great fun was had playing Aftermath including my first Xbow kills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I usually try to have a fews games of BF3 with a mate on the weekend but haven't got on for a few weeks now as too many other good games out at moment. Wanted to have a quick game just now so started up Origin and saw that not only do I have to download Aftermath (just under 4GB), I also have to download a fecking 4GB+ patch.

Wrong thread? ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Pretty chuffed about this considering I'm just a lowly CoD player :p

a61b5022a46925cb9fd4b59c21ab3df6.png

23rd in the world in W/L on PS3. Suffered my first loss tonight but I'm not too disappointed. It came in Grand Bazaar where I had my worst game arguably in that streak unfortunately, really should have ended it in the first and second area of Rush with us as defence. They mauled us in the third and fourth section to be fair to them. Still, good run so it was. Now I have a new target, 71 wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

There was a recent patch fix for the excellent single player checkout the notes for the pc version haha

Single player fix rolling out

By: trydling Posted: 3 days ago 474 comments

We have now fixed the bug in single player where you couldn’t pick up the Stinger in mission 10. Patches are rolling out on all platforms in all regions as we speak. On console, these updates are automatic and mandatory. Full details below:

PS3 client patch
    Delivery:
    Mandatory automatic update when you start the game

Fixes:
    * SDTV input lag
    * Game breaking SP bug in mission 10 (picking up the Stinger)

Xbox 360 client patch
    Delivery:
    Mandatory automatic update when you start the game

Fixes:

PC client patch
    Delivery:
    Origin client auto update if you have not un-checked “Keep my games up to date” (in which case you need to tell the Origin client to check for latest update for BF3)

Fixes:
    * Additionally fixes bug where world would end on Dec 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Pretty chuffed about this considering I'm just a lowly CoD player :p

a61b5022a46925cb9fd4b59c21ab3df6.png

23rd in the world in W/L on PS3. Suffered my first loss tonight but I'm not too disappointed. It came in Grand Bazaar where I had my worst game arguably in that streak unfortunately, really should have ended it in the first and second area of Rush with us as defence. They mauled us in the third and fourth section to be fair to them. Still, good run so it was. Now I have a new target, 71 wins :)

Hax.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Got my xbow service star :D
    With balanced arrows its a great anti-camper weapon plus the added hilarity of them getting out-sniped by a red-dot crossbow :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BF3 for a tenner, via RPS.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/de/pc/games/shooter/battlefield-3/
    Apply coupon “GMG30-DPLIM-DN831″. Registers on Origin

Is there any way you can customise your loadout in the main menu like on consoles? Or is it just on battlelog and during matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Played a bit of CQ on Kharg earlier on and something amazing happened. I was tailing a guy in my jet, when his buddy came in and shot me down to 9%, so out I eject to see the guy coming straight up to squish me with his jet. So in true RendeZook style I whipped out my RPG and shot him just as he about to get me. Needless to say I was in a state of shock for a few minutes :D.

My son got my tags earlier :(

Grounded for the rest of the year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Only just started playing Scavenger last night... Only just found out today from someone that there is an ammo crate on every map..

Was wondering how some enemy players managed to hold down a section of the map for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Well I Finally broke the 1K barrier for headsots today twice first 1042 then 1047 with the JNG on bandar desert during a pretty mundane game of tank wars or what ever its called haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Jist sniped a pilot of a helicopter on nahshar rush. God I love this game... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Finally got my last multi-kill. :p Same as always, suicide run onto the left stairs on Metro, six man kill, quelled their attack as well. Anywhere you can check your lifetime multi-kill stats? I don't remember ever getting one prior to this assignment.

Also won a game on Noshahr last night where we had 190 tickets and they had 850 when we joined. Capped all the points, 4 engies ruining their tanks and choppers and everyone else medic reviving like mad things and two lads in choppers taking names. Won with 24 tickets left to spare.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/74632555/2/291942801/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I just love blowing up tanks with c4. I've killed myself so many damn times because I just can't resist trying to sneak up on the fcukers and getting the c4 on. Then running like a boss and detonating without even looking. Last action hero stuff. This is the only game I play in Xbox any more. Is it worth getting premium?

I just love blowing up tanks with c4. I've killed myself so many damn times because I just can't resist trying to sneak up on the fcukers and getting the c4 on. Then running like a boss and detonating without even looking. Last action hero stuff. This is the only game I play in Xbox any more. Is it worth getting premium?

i only discovered the joy of this recently especially when you parachute in behind it.

although i had a little sex wee when i parachuted in and realised i was an engineer so i had to whip out the repair tool and held it to the back till it went boom!

it was because of that one time i decided to record all my crappy gameplay but i have yet to do anything similer since. Just happy my mate seen it happen so i have some proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nothing better than one mate is recon , use his becon for parachute glitch , you drop c4 from the air , and boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are ye all playing this one PC or console?
    Finding very few players on now on pc..

Blazer wrote: »

god damn Minecraft, its taking up all my time recently.

Must have a few rounds this week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Blazer wrote: »

?
    Jaysus theres loads playing on PC from i can see mate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Decided to buy premium. Can you tell me once the maps are downloaded will they immediately show on my rotation? Any favourite maps from anything after Karkand?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Decided to buy premium. Can you tell me once the maps are downloaded will they immediately show on my rotation? Any favourite maps from anything after Karkand?

1. Yes

I like Desert Bander & Death Valley for big vehicle maps

Epi center and monolith for infantry

operation 925 can be fun too at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Alborz Mountain is a beautiful map, doesn't always have great games but it's visually unlike any other BF3 map. Make sure you get in a chopper and zoom around the snowy peaks.

• Advertisement

Xbow takes down gunships in one shot on hardcore with Hi Ex :D

Advertisement