Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

You know if you get 500 kills with a weapon you get another dogtag? :)

That's just mean... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The hell with all your multi kills, your epic plays, your awesome piloting skills, your millionth dog tag stolen from me the hell with all that and more

My true sunshine and happiness is my gf having her first flight

223277.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Has she got a Donegal accent? :D

Has she got a Donegal accent? :D

But of course!

If i get her on TS next it might distract the enemy with the sexiness!

although with her habit of switching to Irish it could just confuse everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

danniemcq wrote: »
    ...sexiness!

Pics or GTFO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sweet high ticket game on Metro last night. Me and 2 of my Clan buddies topping the table with a combined 400 kills.

It's always nice to win while defending on a high ticket game of Rush.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/67170520/4/279113365/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭shantolog

hi all, a few sweet trophies to take away from a solid days gaming of epic gaming ( by my standards) :

1st a new longest headshot (on purpose), it's now at 1070m: I was on the American Aircraft carrier in gulf of Oman, and enemy was on building being constructed at D:D

2nd Shot the gunner out of his seat of a HUEY while hovering over A in gulf on Oman, but didn't destroy the heli,. I was at B in a tank, I don't think I can ever beat that shot:)

3rd Spend the whole round chasing a bad HUEY pilot with a scopeless M98B. He was flying way too low and slow, I managed to shoot a gunner or passenger with it as he floated over one of the last MCOM bases on Caspian border but didn't kill him, whipped out my G 18 and finished the job. The satisfaction was worth the 15 to 2 death streak:D

HOPE the mods don't mind this but I don't know where else to put this one: playing Deadspace 2 and finished for the night, the console is in the sitting room...

so after I knocked off the console,television and lights, I decided to check the windows were closed properly one more time before I went to bed. Just as I leaned over the sofa to check the handle the sound of a newborn baby started crying right next to me, I can't tell you how high I jumped or how fast I reached that switch for the light:D

As i switched on the lights, I realised my knee had leaned on one of the dolls my niece left on my sofa, which had made the cry:o

I can't tell you how scary that game is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

shantolog wrote: »
    hi all, a few sweet trophies to take away from a solid days gaming of epic gaming ( by my standards) :

1st a new longest headshot (on purpose), it's now at 1070m: I was on the American Aircraft carrier in gulf of Oman, and enemy was on building being constructed at D:D

2nd Shot the gunner out of his seat of a HUEY while hovering over A in gulf on Oman, but didn't destroy the heli,. I was at B in a tank, I don't think I can ever beat that shot:)

3rd Spend the whole round chasing a bad HUEY pilot with a scopeless M98B. He was flying way too low and slow, I managed to shoot a gunner or passenger with it as he floated over one of the last MCOM bases on Caspian border but didn't kill him, whipped out my G 18 and finished the job. The satisfaction was worth the 15 to 2 death streak:D

By the sounds of it... I'm pretty sure I would hate to play BF with you.

hypermuse wrote: »
    By the sounds of it... I'm pretty sure I would hate to play BF with you.

Now thats not a very sunshiny thing to say is it, but Why is that though ? Are you bad HUEY pilot who likes to snipe at D in Gulf of Oman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Now thats not a very sunshiny thing to say is it, but Why is that though ? Are you bad HUEY pilot who likes to snipe at D in Gulf of Oman:D

It sounds like you aren't playing the objective or effectively trying to help your team. Sitting on a boat taking pot shots at a bunch of other campers is hardly going to endear you to teammates who are taking a beating trying to cap flags. Also, using a scopeless M98 to try to take down a a chopper pilot for a whole game isn't the brightest thing I've ever heard.

• Advertisement

As phlemy suggested, with no disrespect intended (well maybe a little :D), you appear to be a selfish player who's out to play for himself rather than the team (which I accept is perfectly fine, you own the game and can play it as you like).

Personally I'm more of a team player and always play objectively to try and win and it can be infuriating when a team/squad member is contributing nothing to the team. Hence why I don't think I'd enjoy playing with you. I'd defo would be delighted playing against you!! One less person on the enemy team to worry about!

I think it has more to do with you saying you basically spent two rounds not really doing anything much at all.

Consider the presentation of your post.

But...but... this is the sunshine and lollipops thread, the place where we share the moments of playing Battlefield 3 which brought us enjoyment, not the "how great is teamwork " thread. I come to share and get my teamwork skills horribly critiqued...someone remove this knife from my back:(

On a serious note though yes you are both correct, nothing about that gameplay was teamwork. I really enjoy playing as a squad, but none of my friends actually play this so I'm left playing with random people all the time.

It's rare I find one, let alone three random people to play the objective as a squad...but that said there are those rare gems. e.g. playing as a medic and get shot, only to be revived as a different class and you realise some random dude has switched kits just to revive you, I feel like shouting
    "GIVE THAT MAN A MEDAL":D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just started playing again for the first time in weeks, and i gotta say, well done DICE on fixing most of the air radar problems in jets. also adding in who owns which flag etc. neat. should have been like that from the start... but still, at least they work on things.

now, who's great idea was it to remove flares from heli gunner, and lazer from little bird? :mad: and is the P90 even more broken than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just started playing again for the first time in weeks, and i gotta say, well done DICE on fixing most of the air radar problems in jets. also adding in who owns which flag etc. neat. should have been like that from the start... but still, at least they work on things.

now, who's great idea was it to remove flares from heli gunner, and lazer from little bird? :mad: and is the P90 even more broken than usual?

in fairness it was a good idea to remove the flares , if they worked together they wee untouchable ,
    but removeing the laser painter from littlebirds was retarded, i mean who is gonna sit in the front seat designating when you can be shot out of it with a pistol
    have they made the scout helis a lot slower aswell they feel really clumsy lately and not near as manueverable as before

what did they change with who owns what flag ?? didnt notice any change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the little triangles in CQ now show the flag letter in your HUD.

For whatever reason I averaged a 4 to 1 k/d in my gaming yesterday.

Smiley face.

For whatever reason I averaged a 4 to 1 k/d in my gaming yesterday.

Smiley face.

I think its because you would have (on average) killed 4 people for every death you got...

Sarcastic face.

sorry

battlefield binge tonight anyone?

oh.. just remembered the match is on!

Want to watch it but probably shouldnt :o maybe after for a few hours?

• Advertisement

about to hit pub....

there could be some very easy tags for yous this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

New favourite bf moment; destroying a tank with a single shot of the smaw on seine by shooting it as it drove over it's own team's mines. I did it twice to them before they stopped using mines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Won every single game tonight, including defending on operation metro with the attackers having 200% tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

yimrsg wrote: »
    New favourite bf moment; destroying a tank with a single shot of the smaw on seine by shooting it as it drove over it's own team's mines. I did it twice to them before they stopped using mines.

Did that before on Seine where I was at A and I fired an rpg at a sniper in the watchtower on the bottom bridge and missed, cursed and then saw the huge explosion at C bridge with the destroy explosives ribbon, 3 kills and a destroy enemy vehicle. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

but have any of you sniped a mine from half a mile away and got a triple kill because there was a tank next to it? ;) i didn't even realise it was possible until i did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Playing armour shield on conquest tonight with my friends :) we were getting our arses kicked, we managed to take the

BCDE at this stage there were 36 tickets to 180 or something then we got a and more or less we held a for about 20 minutes tuck a win with 26 tickets on our side.. They got lazy and we puled it back never have i played a game of bf3 and heard so many people whooping and roaring was a brilliant peace of gaming thankfull some one was dropping amo cause we ran out twice :cool: pretty chuffed with tonights events...

tuck a few loss's but hey its war :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Wow looks like DICE are actually listening to the community. In the next patch they are adding a console function to remove the blue tint from the game:

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/next-patch-to-include-blue-tint-removal.8214/

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Wow looks like DICE are actually listening to the community. In the next patch they are adding a console function to remove the blue tint from the game:

They're giving that option because a lot of people are using 3rd party utilities that remove the tint but could also be used for cheating. Their giving the console function to people and then they'll start banning those that punkbuster says are still using those utilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

ktulu123 wrote: »

LOL
    UPDATE[+]
    The console command is not coming in the next patch, but is coming at a later time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

If anyone on PC is up for some squad games mainly 49/64 man servers rush and CQ add me and ping me. Use boards team speak. Notice noone on it anymore :(

On a side note, I have been having some great craic with the spaz12.

Advertisement