Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I got the MVP one medal the other day. So proud. So much wasted time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Level 99. only a couple more points (achievable in a single game) before I hit the big 100!

I've got the shit bucket on order!

Enjoy being banned from every xbox server :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Enjoy being banned from every xbox server :pac:

Very first game I played as a lvl 100.... "BANNED FROM SERVER" :rolleyes:

ah well, It doesn't really bother me as much now as I don't care about losing the points anymore - now I think it's kinda funny because it's an admition from the admin that he's pissed that I killed him :P

that said, level 100 now and I feel like i've completed the game, havn't played it since!

back to COD and killing zombies! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I don't think im going to make it to 100 :( I just find the game too boring at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Double XP starting on the 9th will help get you there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hmm Might give it one last go then

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've been playing CTF since the last expansion came out, there are some decent HC servers about. Takes me back to my Star Trek Voyager – Elite Force days, some good CTF over 56k.

I played Rush on the CTF maps and it was actually very good. Tough against a decent team though.

The double XP weekend that was supposed to start on the 9th has been cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I found the quickest ways of getting points were:

TDM on canals.
    Alter between recon and support every time you die.
    Recon - put down spawn becon somewhere hidden, then go into the middle and put down a motion sensor, then run around the containers with a shotgun, semi sniper, mp7 or whatever and rack up some points.
    Support (when you die as recon): spawn on becon, while you're flying over the containers, drop all 5 of your C4, boom. you almost always get at least one kill. then drop ammo pack, and run around and kill.

Rush on Metro.
    This is great for racking up points, if you choose to defend with a machine gun/ ammo box - or with semi-sniper/ motion detector - or as medic with revives - you're gonna get lots of points.

this is just what i've found anyway, just to get that last stretch in to get the lvl 100! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I found the quickest ways of getting points were:

TDM on canals.
    Alter between recon and support every time you die.
    Recon - put down spawn becon somewhere hidden, then go into the middle and put down a motion sensor, then run around the containers with a shotgun, semi sniper, mp7 or whatever and rack up some points.
    Support (when you die as recon): spawn on becon, while you're flying over the containers, drop all 5 of your C4, boom. you almost always get at least one kill. then drop ammo pack, and run around and kill.

Rush on Metro.
    This is great for racking up points, if you choose to defend with a machine gun/ ammo box - or with semi-sniper/ motion detector - or as medic with revives - you're gonna get lots of points.

this is just what i've found anyway, just to get that last stretch in to get the lvl 100! :)

TDM canals = ah for gawd's sake.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mozattack wrote: »
    TDM canals = ah for gawd's sake.

I like TDM on canals. You don't have to be part of the royal rumble in the crate maze. There's always some dude sniping from the train tracks and there are frequent spawns there so going around the perimeter then down by the dockside toward the crane there can be a lot of good action.

It's quite COD like battlefield play when you just want some frantic action.... Usually after a long game of CQ that broke your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I like TDM on canals. You don't have to be part of the royal rumble in the crate maze. There's always some dude sniping from the train tracks and there are frequent spawns there so going around the perimeter then down by the dockside toward the crane there can be a lot of good action.

It's quite COD like battlefield play when you just want some frantic action.... Usually after a long game of CQ that broke your heart.
    Don't worry about mozattack, he doesn't like anything to do with high SPM matches/kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Don't worry about mozattack, he doesn't like anything to do with high SPM matches/kits.

Not sure what this guy's game is but I am flattered he remembered my posts.

Back to topic, TDM Canals is shocking. Fine as an alternative but I've seen people on Battlelog play it 24/7.... seriously.

More back on topic:

Joined a 300% Talah Market server and we were getting hammered (CQA). Something like 350 to 550 tickets. I thought about quiting 'cos I just joined and I only had time for one good game but I said I will play for a few mins.

Clawed back victory in the end - incredible, something like 0-40.

What a battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I tend to remember most of the trolls I come across. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Back to topic, TDM Canals is shocking. Fine as an alternative but I've seen people on Battlelog play it 24/7.... seriously.

More back on topic:

Joined a 300% Talah Market server and we were getting hammered (CQA). Something like 350 to 550 tickets. I thought about quiting 'cos I just joined and I only had time for one good game but I said I will play for a few mins.

Clawed back victory in the end - incredible, something like 0-40.

What a battle.

Show us the battlelog, just so we can see you werent using that "noob" assault class:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Double Xp this weekend...must get on :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Blazer wrote: »
    Double Xp this weekend...must get on :)

Damn sun and BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

GF questioning why I was chasing down a tank with a blowtorch was the highlight of my evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

zero19 wrote: »
    GF questioning why I was chasing down a tank with a blowtorch was the highlight of my evening.
    I've been that soldier many a time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

havent played in a few weeks. just after finishing an epic 90 min 600 ticket Wake island conquest on the russian team. winning all along until the end and lost by 9 tickets. gutted. i was a tunguska hog for a lot of it and as once the baxtards yanks finally won the docks of us and nabbed my AA the tide turned (or so my whiskey impaired brain says) .
    that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I finally have all the achievements :D

Alot of patience required for the Bullseye one though, that co-op mission is pretty glitchey with 3 crashes and some very dodgey hit markers in the hour or so it took with one of my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Being able to play squad rush with friends and clanmates almost every day keep me going on Battlefield.

:)

Nothing beats RPGing two level 100's out an attack heli on Gulf of Oman,What makes it better is that they were using stingers to take me out 5 minutes before.The added bonus that they were french was the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Forgotten how much fun rush is

The DICE Back to karkland servers have been a breath of fresh air for the last week.Forgot how good the maps are especially sharqi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There is no greater satisfaction in life when noticing the enemy jet has been abandoned flying over your base realising your chopper is about to be taken, pulling out an RPG, putting C4 on it or jumping into the AA gun and blowing it to bits :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    There is no greater satisfaction in life when noticing the enemy jet has been abandoned flying over your base realising your chopper is about to be taken, pulling out an RPG, putting C4 on it or jumping into the AA gun and blowing it to bits :D

And then Teabagging the living sh*t out of him.:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some scopes just go with certain guns.

JNG-90 sniper and x7 scope is by far my favourite sniper now, which is funny as I always used to never use both.

Advertisement