Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The T2? Leak?

If you leave it on it's side or upside-down, maybe, otherwise no.

Everything is pretty much sealed up to the wick, so unless there's a serious fault, no leaking.
    I haven't had it leak anyway, but mine was always upright.
    Does need to be tipped like the Vivi though. I suppose that's a bit of a pain.

Edit: flavour-wise, not as good as the T3, but the vapour was much, much, much cooler with the T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Thought I read something here about gurgling etc. Might give it a go then, or a 2.2 ohm wouldn't be too bad at 4.2v on an ego c upgrade with the t3, **** now I dont know what I want!!!!

Check out the Kanger eVod - same concept as T3, but easier to rebuild than the T3 (looks like it would be as easy as a Vivi - very).
    Has a 1.7 to 1.9ohm head.
    Just in though, so you'd be a guinea pig.

grindle wrote: »
    Check out the Kanger eVod - same concept as T3, but easier to rebuild than the T3 (looks like it would be as easy as a Vivi - very).
    Has a 1.7 to 1.9ohm head.
    Just in though, so you'd be a guinea pig.
    Haha, saw that today and was hoping someone else could be the guinea pig, think I will give it a go as I cant decide on the others, looks fairly compact too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the evod is easier to rebuild than the t3?

• Advertisement

the evod is easier to rebuild than the t3?

Looks it to me.
    Warning:Do Not Stare Directly At Nails
    The coil-head screws out of the bottom connector so you won't be blindly fingering the grommet and positive pin thing trying to get them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Only saw this thread now, I bought a couple of these earlier, I'll let you know the skinny...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Having trouble with my evic.....When I charge it via my laptop, the computer doesnt recognise the device, so it doesnt load up the software. So weird crap seems to happen also, sometimes when charging, the battery level drops...and pretty fast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Anyone wrote: »
    Having trouble with my evic.....When I charge it via my laptop, the computer doesnt recognise the device, so it doesnt load up the software. So weird crap seems to happen also, sometimes when charging, the battery level drops...and pretty fast.
    That sounds like a driver issue,have a look on the evic website,they should have drivers there to download.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    That sounds like a driver issue,have a look on the evic website,they should have drivers there to download.

I'll have a look later on. I have the 1.2 update on the evic itself and the software on my laptop, do you recon theres another driver for the usb? I figured it would just be a generic usb driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

unplug it, press the button, replug and keep button pressed in for at least 2 seconds.

Failing that, uninstall the software from the PC and reinstall it.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Only saw this thread now, I bought a couple of these earlier, I'll let you know the skinny...

Check to see how the central tube from the drip tip side is fixed.
    If it can be removed we've got the cheapest rebuildable dripping atty money can buy!
    Great value for any newbies who want to try dripping if the tube can be popped out or the glue loosened with alcohol.
    I've hacked my T3 apart to use for dripping (broken RDA and an AGA with a bottom cap that has useless threads drives a man to invention) and it's pumping out the vapour and flavour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Some laptop USB ports don't put out much power, especially when they're not plugged in. Try making sure the laptop's plugged in, no other USB devices are plugged in, and try any other ports it has too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

my evic arrived yesterday evening. took 4 goes of installing and uninstalling and reinstalling the software to get lappy to recognise it. seems to be sorted now *crosses fingers*. something to do with a hex file. i have no idea what a hex file is.

on the device itself - it's light innit? like really light. feather light. disconcertingly light. VERY FRICKIN' LIGHT.

and the finish on the body is... eh... not like i thought it would be from the gazillions of photos and vids i looked at.... touching it has the same effect of dragging my nails down a blackboard while banging a tiny fork on my teeth... spine chilling. i have to pull the sleeve of me hoodie down over my hand to hold the thing :( i like the device itself, it's easy to set and it's a nice size and the USB charging is cool. but that greek fella better get the finger out and make those nice looking tubes toote suite :p

I'll have a look later on. I have the 1.2 update on the evic itself and the software on my laptop, do you recon theres another driver for the usb? I figured it would just be a generic usb driver.
    I imagine its definately a software issue due to the update,the nice thing about software though its fixable.Try re-install the software from the internet and the should install the drivers again.Im guessing the update just messed up the plug and play capability.

artyeva wrote: »
    my evic arrived yesterday evening. took 4 goes of installing and uninstalling and reinstalling the software to get lappy to recognise it. seems to be sorted now *crosses fingers*. something to do with a hex file. i have no idea what a hex file is.

on the device itself - it's light innit? like really light. feather light. disconcertingly light. VERY FRICKIN' LIGHT.

and the finish on the body is... eh... not like i thought it would be from the gazillions of photos and vids i looked at.... touching it has the same effect of dragging my nails down a blackboard while banging a tiny fork on my teeth... spine chilling. i have to pull the sleeve of me hoodie down over my hand to hold the thing :( i like the device itself, it's easy to set and it's a nice size and the USB charging is cool. but that greek fella better get the finger out and make those nice looking tubes toote suite :p
    Would the ego upgrade battery sleeves fit the evic?

Would the ego upgrade battery sleeves fit the evic?

The 18350/18650 tubes? Yes. They're mostly sold as eVic tubes across whichever vendors carry them now.

Thanks for the tips folks, I'll try mess around with reinstalling later and see how it goes.

Enjoying the evic though, using a vivi nova tank with it and its giving a really nice vape. I havent gotten into all the things I cant do with it just yet, but so far so good.

Check to see how the central tube from the drip tip side is fixed.
    If it can be removed we've got the cheapest rebuildable dripping atty money can buy!
    Great value for any newbies who want to try dripping if the tube can be popped out or the glue loosened with alcohol.
    I've hacked my T3 apart to use for dripping (broken RDA and an AGA with a bottom cap that has useless threads drives a man to invention) and it's pumping out the vapour and flavour.
    Drip tip does not come off(according to u-tube) but it might be possible to force it off.
    On a side note, the heads are only 1.50 and not 1.80 as on the site, bought 5 LR heads and they came to 7.50, price changes when you go your cart, and then the discount on top:-)
    Pitty the drip tip is clear:-(

The 18350/18650 tubes? Yes. They're mostly sold as eVic tubes across whichever vendors carry them now.
    interesting,might pick up a few blue ones when I get my evic.Will the 18650 tube take 2 stack 18350's do ya know?

• Advertisement

interesting,might pick up a few blue ones when I get my evic.Will the 18650 tube take 2 stack 18350's do ya know?

It will, but threading will show.
    Not sure how the eVic will react to stacked batteries either. Haven't seen anybody mention trying them.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Drip tip does not come off(according to u-tube) but it might be possible to force it off.
    On a side note, the heads are only 1.50 and not 1.80 as on the site, bought 5 LR heads and they came to 7.50, price changes when you go your cart, and then the discount on top:-)
    Pitty the drip tip is clear:-(
    Dose. Might get one when the Killer comes around just to see if that centre tube can be wrenched out. Back-ups of back-ups are good to have, I've learned.

oh, i was talking about the kir fanis telescopic tubes with end/top caps i found on UK vapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Looks it to me.
    Warning:Do Not Stare Directly At Nails
    Ratchit, possibly.
    That phone of hers going off gave me a start. :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

interesting

minit3_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

That sounds like torture artyeva

Sounds like you need one of these then... http://www.vaporskinz.com/collections/evic-vapor-skinz

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

artyeva wrote: »
    oh, i was talking about the kir fanis telescopic tubes with end/top caps i found on UK vapers.

They look bloody beautiful. I want one of them but the waiting list thing is strangely off putting.

Got the e vod today and I have to say im fairly impressed. It looks the dogs on an ego battery. Its a tiny bit shorter than a regular cart with a drip tip and about 1cm shorter than an xl cart with drip tip. Came with a 2.5 head(or bottom) and at anything over 4.5v it tastes kinda burnt, seems fine at 4.2v, got some 1.8 heads and they should be good at 3.6v. Also got a 510-ego adaptor and stuck it on the vamo and played around with it for a while. Took it off and the adaptor was stuck in the e vod, had to use a pliers to get it off, luckily I didnt damage the threads but I wont be doing that again unless im desperate.
    Dont know about rebuilding the coil or taking out the centre post for dripping as im not well up on that type of ting.
    Vape is a bit cool but not too bad. Compared to a cart I would have to say vapour is about the same but th and flavour is better on a cart, but its early days for me(didnt have a t3) so that might change. Filling is a little awkard compared to just dripping into a cart but im sure ill get used to it.
    Overall its a lovely little thing that I'll be using out and about with an ego battery. Hopefully my vamo will never leave the house again and no more weird looks of people!!!!

Oh yeah one more thing, dont like the clear drip tip, dont like seeing the condensation inside, it should be black or chrome! Ok think that is all, I'll shut up now:-)

BeansBeans wrote: »
    They look bloody beautiful. I want one of them but the waiting list thing is strangely off putting.

yeah, this is my first experience of buying from a waiting list. we'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Called over to Vaperus today

Dealt with his wife Angela, she was very helpful and friendly. With good advice for my girlfriend (who's going to start vaping today)

Very good people to deal with.

Got a free bottle of Twilight thrown in which I will review sometime during the week.

Seems a good set up all around.

Good luck with the venture Vaperus

Advertisement