Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I love it, the wonders of firmware on your pv. I actually love this ugly thing even more now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Evic 1.2 update is here Wow! great new features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzik7KG3I[/QUOTE]

Yeah nice upgrades, I now have a VV mod thats running in auto mode, great for the lazy gits like me who now dont have to hold the fire button to vape ;)
    I believe the next update includes an app to connect to facebook :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

God, I want it so much... My little standard Ego battery looks so pathetic!

jamie72 wrote: »
    God, I want it so much... My little standard Ego battery looks so pathetic!
    Amen brother you know it makes sense ;)
    Also configured mine to be set at a certain wattage for different ohm coils, I just get lazier and lazier :D Must train the dog to refill my tanks next, the wifes fecking useless at it.

kiffy wrote: »
    Evic 1.2 update is here Wow! great new features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzik7KG3I[/QUOTE]

Yeah nice upgrades, I now have a VV mod thats running in auto mode, great for the lazy gits like me who now dont have to hold the fire button to vape ;)
    I believe the next update includes an app to connect to facebook :eek:

I think i might actually like that feature, something about the button on the evic i find very uncomfortable. So ill have a fiddle with that, hopefully ill like it. I like big buttons silver bullet/bolt style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Things I like in 1.2
    Voltage, ohms and watts all displayed on the home screen.
    Watts displayed with the timer when firing.
    Custom battery amp setting.
    Preset watts for different resistance coils.
    Ability to change display and mode without entering the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

So my Vivi Novas arrived. I didnt realise they had 3 different heads. Each head has a different ohm which is new to me(came from Kanger T3's). So is there a difference in what they do? Bear in mind I;ll be using this on an eVic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone wrote: »
    So my Vivi Novas arrived. I didnt realise they had 3 different heads. Each head has a different ohm which is new to me(came from Kanger T3's). So is there a difference in what they do? Bear in mind I;ll be using this on an eVic.

Each head is a different resistance (ohms) and when you put them in you get a different vape from each one. If you vape the with the 2.8 head at set to 4 volts you'll get a standard vape, but if you try to vape at 4 volts with the 1.8 you could burn the wick and get an awful taste.

I think you can turn it up higher than 4 with the 2.8 head but thats the general idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Variable Wattage mode on your eVic will help with this, trial and error the VW setting to find a level you like and the vape will be roughtly the same no matter what head you are using...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

kiffy wrote: »
    Just set it at a temp you know it will never reach and you'll be fine.
    999 degrees OK then? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    999 degrees OK then? :)
    I think Joytech were being smart with the range in Deg C the max you can set it to is 69 ;), so that's what mine is set at, max.

vivi nova short 2ml

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14513

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14512

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

vivi nova short 2ml

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14510

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14511
    where'd ya get that?

pmcmahon wrote: »
    where'd ya get that?

It was born of boredom and desire in the shed, kinda hoping a Chinese manufacturer copy's it so I can buy a short fat atty.
    Why does less capacity have to mean tall and skinny?

Ok this is outta control

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14514

Atty forest

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Ok this is outta control

Atty forest

Jeezus man!! DIET COKE!!!

Get a grip will ya? Feck sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,806 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ok this is outta control

Atty forest
    Cracking atties, Gromit.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

superneat wrote: »
    Jeezus man!! DIET COKE!!!

Get a grip will ya? Feck sake :mad:

What I like the stuff what can I say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

About a week before Christmas I got a call from Shane (aka Newmark) at Vapourpal asking if I’d be interested in trying out the new Joytech e-roll, being the curious creature that I am he was told to send it on, the plan being that I’d try it out for a few days and he’d have it back along with my feedback ASAP............

Fast forward to today the 4th of February, that e-roll that I was supposed to send back ASAP in December is currently charging on my desk, the case is a little scratched and scuffed, the inside has a big dirty thumb print from when I opened it after fixing a puncture and there is a bit of red fluff stuck in the hinge, how it got there I don’t know but it’s become a permanent fixture, kind of like how the device itself has become a permanent fixture in my pocket.

For those of you that have never seen an e-roll just imagine what Apple would do if they were told to design an e-cig, what you get is a very simple and cleanly designed product with no unnecessary buttons, lights, twisty bits or accessories for taking stones out of horses hooves.

On the outside of the PCC there’s a micro USB port, A red LED that lights up when the PCC needs charging and a tiny clear window that allows you to see the blue glow of your charging e-cig inside.
    Inside is the same story, you have a slot big enough to put one fully assembled e-roll into and a little button that gently lifts up one side of your e-cig up to make taking it out of the PCC easier.

The e-roll itself is made up of 4 parts, A 90mah automatic battery with blue LED, an atomizer cover, ego-C type A atomizer and finally the .5ml tank. These all lock together rather than using the more common threaded connections.

Now you’d be forgiven for thinking that 90mah batteries are a complete and utter disaster, sure you won’t get more than an hour’s use out of one without charging but that’s the whole point of a PCC, all you need to do is get into the habit of putting it back in the case when you’re done. On average I’m getting two days use out of a fully charged PCC and around 40 minutes out of a full battery (without charging in between uses), batteries take around 25 minutes to fully charge.

When it comes to performance the e-roll is very good (notice I didn’t just say very good for its size, this device is punching far above its weight)

Flavour is fantastic, using thicker juices can result in the occasional dry hit but 99% of the time it works perfectly, obviously vapour production and throat hit are dependent on juice but for me it’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do and doing it very well.

My only gripe is with the tank, it’s fiddly to fill and when they only hold .5ml it is something that will have to be done a few times daily.

As far as I’m concerned Joytech are onto a winner with the e-roll.... looks great, performs excellently and even taking into account the slightly annoying tank it’s hard to fault for what it is. In fact I’m so impressed I’ve bought it!

• Advertisement

Elbow wrote: »
    About a week before Christmas I got a call from Shane (aka Newmark) at Vapourpal asking if I’d be interested in trying out the new Joytech e-roll, being the curious creature that I am he was told to send it on, the plan being that I’d try it out for a few days and he’d have it back along with my feedback ASAP............

Fast forward to today the 4th of February, that e-roll that I was supposed to send back ASAP in December is currently charging on my desk, the case is a little scratched and scuffed, the inside has a big dirty thumb print from when I opened it after fixing a puncture and there is a bit of red fluff stuck in the hinge, how it got there I don’t know but it’s become a permanent fixture, kind of like how the device itself has become a permanent fixture in my pocket.

For those of you that have never seen an e-roll just imagine what Apple would do if they were told to design an e-cig, what you get is a very simple and cleanly designed product with no unnecessary buttons, lights, twisty bits or accessories for taking stones out of horses hooves.

On the outside of the PCC there’s a micro USB port, A red LED that lights up when the PCC needs charging and a tiny clear window that allows you to see the blue glow of your charging e-cig inside.
    Inside is the same story, you have a slot big enough to put one fully assembled e-roll into and a little button that gently lifts up one side of your e-cig up to make taking it out of the PCC easier.

The e-roll itself is made up of 4 parts, A 90mah automatic battery with blue LED, an atomizer cover, ego-C type A atomizer and finally the .5ml tank. These all lock together rather than using the more common threaded connections.

Now you’d be forgiven for thinking that 90mah batteries are a complete and utter disaster, sure you won’t get more than an hour’s use out of one without charging but that’s the whole point of a PCC, all you need to do is get into the habit of putting it back in the case when you’re done. On average I’m getting two days use out of a fully charged PCC and around 40 minutes out of a full battery (without charging in between uses), batteries take around 25 minutes to fully charge.

When it comes to performance the e-roll is very good (notice I didn’t just say very good for its size, this device is punching far above its weight)

Flavour is fantastic, using thicker juices can result in the occasional dry hit but 99% of the time it works perfectly, obviously vapour production and throat hit are dependent on juice but for me it’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do and doing it very well.

My only gripe is with the tank, it’s fiddly to fill and when they only hold .5ml it is something that will have to be done a few times daily.

As far as I’m concerned Joytech are onto a winner with the e-roll.... looks great, performs excellently and even taking into account the slightly annoying tank it’s hard to fault for what it is. In fact I’m so impressed I’ve bought it!
    I got pissed off with constantly topping up the tank, was getting dry hits when level went 2, 3rds down the tank so ended up topping tank every 30 minutes to avoid dry hits, deffo not for a chain vaper like myself, have put mine up for sale, good device for a moderate vaper out and about but not a 6ml a day vaper like me :( too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

miss my battery life and VV. think i'm gonna buy an evic.

can someone just say 'that's a fab idea' so i can click 'go to checkout'?

purchase-decision inertia :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That's a fab idea!

grindle wrote: »
    That's a fab idea!

1625914_Cheers-Mate_400.jpg

cheers mate :)

Fuuuuuucking helllllllllllllllllll.

You've let yourself go... Still hotter than Deirdre from Corrie, but...

grindle wrote: »
    Fuuuuuucking helllllllllllllllllll.

You've let yourself go... Still hotter than Deirdre from Corrie, but...

hah. i aspire to this marsupial's physique. i'm actually far more hideous. though... my ears ARE smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,806 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

artyeva wrote: »

Go on, you know you need one.
    :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

i'm presuming the efest 18650s and 18350s will fit, yeah?:confused:

If you get an 18350 battery tube for it it will.

I'm gonna be placing an order where I saw an 18350 eGo battery tube for a little over €6 if you want me to put you down for it? Comes in silver or black.

Also, found the higher res Kanthal ribbon... Want it? If so, how much?

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »

Just in case you havent bought it yet.
    Thats a fab idea.

About the 18650. my button top efest 18650s dont fit flush. Bit of a pain getting the cap on, but its working away fine anyway. Will have to get a couple of flat tops for myself (having been putting it off since last week).

Advertisement