Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Does anyone know why electronic–cigarette.ie charge €6.50 registered delivery, with no other option?

I wanted to get something recently, but the postage costs were over half the price of the item I wanted!
    Regular AnPost postage would have been either 55c or maybe 95c at a push.

Ended up buying elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Does anyone know why electronic–cigarette.ie charge €6.50 registered delivery, with no other option?

I wanted to get something recently, but the postage costs were over half the price of the item I wanted!
    Regular AnPost postage would have been either 55c or maybe 95c at a push.

Ended up buying elsewhere.
    The why?
    Dishonest customers, that's why. It only takes a couple and suddenly the day isn't so rosy any more.
    It's a bit of a pisser for the likes of you and me who wouldn't dream of ripping the seller off, but there you go.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I have just successfully coiled my first dripper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    The why?
    Dishonest customers, that's why. It only takes a couple and suddenly the day isn't so rosy any more.
    It's a bit of a pisser for the likes of you and me who wouldn't dream of ripping the seller off, but there you go.

Yeah, that's probably it.
    Have had many orders from other Irish vendors and they willingly send by regular post.

I need some blank ego carts now, no way am I paying €6.50 postage for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Kanger Pro Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHOywpSXGEo

looks nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bluewhitehoops

can anyone post a quick link where i can buy some cheap ones online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cheap whats? Ecigs?

If ecigs, what size and what kind of performance do you want on what budget?

Bear in mind that if you're a pack a day pre-rolled smoker the kit will pay for itself in a week, so don't say "a tenner".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Cheap? relative term, but heres a list of vendors Irish and international.
    http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Looks nice,and promising.The only thing that concerns me is,the ego thread won't work on the evic or other devices because of the breadth of the connector.Also,I hate the way kangers aren't built to take replacement drip tips.All being said i may pick one up if and when they get over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

soooo... apart from the fact i can't hold it with bare skin, i'm liking the evic so far. but when i charge it - it'll tell me it's charged to 100%, then when i unplug the charger that figure immediately drops to 97%. and on the other end, once it gets to 12% that's it - no discernable power at all - dodo territory. does that happen with everyone else's? alsooooooo i'm assuming i can't charge this in the usb adaptor in my car, or can i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

What do you hold it with artyeva? Have you looked into getting a 'skin' for it or perhaps changing the tube all together? (I don't have an evic but am interested in them as it could be a mod I'd buy one day..)

illicit007 wrote: »
    What do you hold it with artyeva? Have you looked into getting a 'skin' for it or perhaps changing the tube all together? (I don't have an evic but am interested in them as it could be a mod I'd buy one day..)

my hoodie sleeve over my hand. :o

yeah, ordered a telescopic tube from kir fanis. there's a few different ones, the 18350/18650 tubes from an ego upgrade thing also fits, seemingly the 18350 tubes from the anyvape CVI fit it, there's also a telescopic set from a modder 'leo'.

edit: had links to a shop in either germany or holland or somewhere that sold the anyvape cvi ones. can i find it now? course i can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 esmoker

Hi all. I am new to this website. I joined it to see if other people are having problems with this irish website. Have you been ordering something from them and got faulty items? Have you managed to get your money back?

My situation is as fallows. Two weeks ago I ordered new battery and 3 cartridges for different liquids. Battery was thrown in the envelope with no original packaging.(I thought at first its fine, no big deal.)

I was curious to try out my new ego LCD battery. I filled my new arrived cartridge, scruved it on the battery pressed button 5 times (how its stated in online user manual and hoped to viper happy to my death, BUT...)..But the cartridge didnt work. there was not any sound at all, no smoke no burning even lights were on. I decided to put on cartridge bought from "ovale" shop in Dublin. It finally worked BUT I could not switch off the battery. It did continuos burning to the extent that liquid splashed in to my eye. I took off the cartridge and tried to switch off the battery then but it DID NOT. The batteries blue light was on all the time and I left to discharge as I was worried it will blow up.

So after all this sad experience I send an email to the electronic-cigarrete customer service. After few days I got a reply that Its my fault I damaged battery, but I can still send to them for inspection. I sent battery back by registered post. No reply from the customer service about the problematic item. I sent them an email asking did they receive my package and only after two days they replied that I damaged battery by over-flooding battery and created circuit shortage.
    So basically the "Sea Stone" wont give me refund as they are doing everything possible to prove that it is my fault and not that they have sent me a faulty item.

What is your experience with this online company? Have you got faulty item and have you got your money back for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

artyeva wrote: »
    soooo... apart from the fact i can't hold it with bare skin, i'm liking the evic so far. but when i charge it - it'll tell me it's charged to 100%, then when i unplug the charger that figure immediately drops to 97%. and on the other end, once it gets to 12% that's it - no discernable power at all - dodo territory. does that happen with everyone else's? alsooooooo i'm assuming i can't charge this in the usb adaptor in my car, or can i?
    Arty, I charge mine with a 4 channel trustfire charger and have only charged it once by the device itself, but my batteries always charge to 100% (green light) and shows 100% when put into the evic. And it always runs down to zero% too.

Does the same thing happen with all your batteries, I have 6 and rotate them daily (I have them numbered on the battery :)) and all 6 charge fully and discharge fully, just wondering is it a dodgy battery?

As for a car charger, my batteries take about 6 hours to charge fully, so a car charger wouldn't charge mine very far unless I get a job as a long distance lorry driver :D

kiffy wrote: »
    Arty, I charge mine with a 4 channel trustfire charger and have only charged it once by the device itself, but my batteries always charge to 100% (green light) and shows 100% when put into the evic. And it always runs down to zero% too.

Does the same thing happen with all your batteries, I have 6 and rotate them daily (I have them numbered on the battery :)) and all 6 charge fully and discharge fully, just wondering is it a dodgy battery?

As for a car charger, my batteries take about 6 hours to charge fully, so a car charger wouldn't charge mine very far unless I get a job as a long distance lorry driver :D

tbh i've only used the battery from the kit with it yet, and ony ever charged it via usb. and 6 hours??? mine takes about 3-4 before it shows 100% :confused:

tbh i've only used the battery from the kit with it yet, and ony ever charged it via usb. and 6 hours??? mine takes about 3-4 before it shows 100% :confused:

My battery is the same,i thought it was just a bit duddy so i bought a second one,but that's the same.It goes from 100 to 90 in ten minutes and hovers over 80 for a good few hours :confused:.I threw one in a trustfire charger for a while (probably shouldn't be doing this but meh) and it's been charging for 10 hours.Strange batteries.

Yeah 6 hours seems a lot to me too, but they are 3100 mah batt's so not sure how long they need to charge, the one's with the kit are 2600.
    Have you tried a 2nd battery and does it show the same readings, in my limited knowledge it sounds like the battery to me as I have never come across your situation.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    My battery is the same,i thought it was just a bit duddy so i bought a second one,but that's the same.It goes from 100 to 90 in ten minutes and hovers over 80 for a good few hours :confused:.I threw one in a trustfire charger for a while (probably shouldn't be doing this but meh) and it's been charging for 10 hours.Strange batteries.
    Now thats something I can relate to, mine shows 100% when powered up and can go as far as 60(ish) puffs before it drops to 99% and than seems to drop normally always took it that was normal froma fully charged battery.

Just wondering, how accurate really is a 0-100% reading anyway from a battery, I get roughly the same battery life & puff numbers from all batteries, the % reading might only be useful as a guide rather than a real accurate precision reading.

With mine charging for 6 hours, I have on a few occasions taken them out and put them in the device to see if they have been fully charged but green light just not come on and they didnt show a 100% so they must take that amount of time.
    But I doesnt bother me that much as I mentioned I know roughly how many puffs I get from the battery so I go off that reading more than the %. It's looking like the % readings are not as good as the device themselves :)

pmcmahon wrote: »

yip. this was reading 82% yesterday afternoon and after caning it for god knows how long last night and again this morning now it's only at 70%. it'll trickle at what i'd consider a normal rate to about 30% then die altogether at 12% - always 12% :confused: the first time it happened i made sure the battery setting was to the right 2600mah and it was so i've no idea what's going on.

i'll try an efest 2000mah in it tonight and see what happens.

yip. this was reading 82% yesterday afternoon and after caning it for god knows how long last night and again this morning now it's only at 70%. it'll trickle at what i'd consider a normal rate to about 30% then die altogether at 12% - always 12% :confused: the first time it happened i made sure the battery setting was to the right 2600mah and it was so i've no idea what's going on.

i'll try an efest 2000mah in it tonight and see what happens.

I have noticed when you re-set the puff counter to 0 and put in the mAh numbers for the battery your using it is very conservative upwards of how many puffs you should be getting, but I know I will get over 440 puffs with my 3100 batt's and about 380 with the 2600 pink one with the kit. How many puffs are you getting from your 2600?

• Advertisement

kiffy wrote: »
    I have noticed when you re-set the puff counter to 0 and put in the mAh numbers for the battery your using it is very conservative upwards of how many puffs you should be getting, but I know I will get over 440 puffs with my 3100 batt's and about 380 with the 2600 pink one with the kit. How many puffs are you getting from your 2600?

ah now. i only check the screen to change the voltage and check the battery. anything else i'm not interested in - apart from upgrading the firmware the day i got it, i haven't even used the software yet :pac:

i'll try an efest in it later and see if it does the same with that, sher what's the worst that can happen?

fire.jpg

:pac:

ah now. i only check the screen to change the voltage and check the battery. anything else i'm not interested in - apart from upgrading the firmware the day i got it, i haven't even used the software yet :pac:

i'll try an efest in it later and see if it does the same with that, sher what's the worst that can happen?

fire.jpg

:pac:
    You should check the puffs with both batteries so you can get a good idea of how long it will last you and if there is much difference in battery performances between both, I have the puff reading and expected puffs on display when I use mine.

Shugar just got up off the couch and dropped the bloody thing on the wooden floor :eek: good strong device thankfully, otherwise I'd be looking at zero puffs from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

esmoker wrote: »
    Hi all. I am new to this website. I joined it to see if other people are having problems with this irish website. Have you been ordering something from them and got faulty items? Have you managed to get your money back?

My situation is as fallows. Two weeks ago I ordered new battery and 3 cartridges for different liquids. Battery was thrown in the envelope with no original packaging.(I thought at first its fine, no big deal.)

I was curious to try out my new ego LCD battery. I filled my new arrived cartridge, scruved it on the battery pressed button 5 times (how its stated in online user manual and hoped to viper happy to my death, BUT...)..But the cartridge didnt work. there was not any sound at all, no smoke no burning even lights were on. I decided to put on cartridge bought from "ovale" shop in Dublin. It finally worked BUT I could not switch off the battery. It did continuos burning to the extent that liquid splashed in to my eye. I took off the cartridge and tried to switch off the battery then but it DID NOT. The batteries blue light was on all the time and I left to discharge as I was worried it will blow up.

So after all this sad experience I send an email to the electronic-cigarrete customer service. After few days I got a reply that Its my fault I damaged battery, but I can still send to them for inspection. I sent battery back by registered post. No reply from the customer service about the problematic item. I sent them an email asking did they receive my package and only after two days they replied that I damaged battery by over-flooding battery and created circuit shortage.
    So basically the "Sea Stone" wont give me refund as they are doing everything possible to prove that it is my fault and not that they have sent me a faulty item.

What is your experience with this online company? Have you got faulty item and have you got your money back for it?

That's a pain! Most vendors (afaik) offer a dead on arrival replacement and some offer 3-6 months warranty. When I got my first ecig (ego t and cartomisers) I was constantly over filling and that didn't short circuit my batteries. I did buy a cheap starter set for spares and one of the batteries did exactly what you're describing even though by then I was more diligent about making sure eliquid was cleaned off the battery. I didn't bother asking for a replacement and decided to spend a bit more and buy from vendors who had a better reputation for selling products with a very small failure rate and good customer service.

Maybe the battery was faulty AND you had some juice on it so when the faulty battery wouldn't stop firing it burned the juice and then caused a short? I think I'd put this down to experience and not order batteries from them again. There's vendors who have secured me as a customer because their products have a lower failure rate and their customer service is outstanding. Do you have any spare batteries to tide you over?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

"It's your fault that you damaged the battery, even though we haven't seen the battery ourselves and if you want to send it back we'll have a look... yet we some how magically know right now it's your fault! damn customers..."

As far as I'm aware rechargable lithium ion batteries and chargers are subject to a 6 month warranty period at least in the laptop market. (I used to deal with returns and repairs in this department for three years.) However maybe best to call the free consumer advice helpline to double check if that applies to all li-ion batteries?

Lithium Ion batteries should be able to be charged a few hundred times. So in theory if you have a 2-3 of them and charge them each once a day you should get at least 6 months to a year out of them, probably more.

Send a registered post letter to these edjits, state you're giving them 7 days to provide you with a satisfactory resolution to the problem or else you'll have no choice but to take them to small claims court in order to have the problem resolved. I look forward to your response, signed and dated. That'll put the fear into them. No business wants to deal with small claims if they have any sense because 9 times out of 10 the small claims court makes the business resolve the situation costing them time and money. Usually as soon as they hear small claims they'll throw you a new battery free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I recently had a DOA battery from a popular irish based online vaping shop, tried everything I could to get it working over a weekend, no joy, so I sent it back for replacement.

I got an email back with pictures of it, highlighting scratches on the base and on the connection post, basically accusing me of returning an old battery and denying a replacement. So I'm out of pocket 20 quid, c'est la vie.

I won't ever buy from them or recommend them to anyone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lucutus wrote: »
    I recently had a DOA battery from a popular irish based online vaping shop, tried everything I could to get it working over a weekend, no joy, so I sent it back for replacement.

I got an email back with pictures of it, highlighting scratches on the base and on the connection post, basically accusing me of returning an old battery and denying a replacement. So I'm out of pocket 20 quid, c'est la vie.

I won't ever buy from them or recommend them to anyone again.

This is where you name, otherwise history repeats.

Not sure I can or should on a public internet forum, that's inviting trouble.

I've no problem sharing my experience in detail with people if they ask directly though.

Not sure I can or should on a public internet forum, that's inviting trouble.

I've no problem sharing my experience in detail with people if they ask directly though.
    In simple terms,the same vendor as the other poster and to be avoided?

Nope, different vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Nope, different vendor.
    Give us a hint:-)

Advertisement