Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

grindle wrote: »
    Cool, I just need 13 litres to last me 'til I'm 80.

Are you going back on the fags then? Thats my plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

A cigar lit in every orifice. If I need to sit down I'll do it slowly so there's a functional cigar-hole in every seat or bed I own.

Handy when I lie on my belly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Can be bought here its technically a base but it goes from 0 - 38mg. only 275 for the 5 litres.

Anyone here have a usb pass through?

Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Anyone here have a usb pass through?

Any use?

Aren't most usb ports limited to 0.5 amps, newer may deliver an amp, can't imagine it wouldn't be much of a vape at that rate. Maybe if it had a decent power supply, but I've not seen one like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Aren't most usb ports limited to 0.5 amps, newer may deliver an amp, can't imagine it would be much of a vape at that rate. Maybe if it had a decent power supply, but I've not seen one like that.

Your first bit is correct (500mA is usually the most you'll get from a USB port) but I think you misunderstand what a pass through is? It just lets you charge the battery while using the e cig.

Aren't most usb ports limited to 0.5 amps, newer may deliver an amp, can't imagine it would be much of a vape at that rate. Maybe if it had a decent power supply, but I've not seen one like that.

Saw a vid earlier of a guy with one that can deliver 5 volts. not too shabby. I imagine a wall plug pass through would be the best way to go.

Saw a vid earlier of a guy with one that can deliver 5 volts. not too shabby. I imagine a wall plug pass through would be the best way to go.

A USB port is 5V at 500mA....

jamie72 wrote: »
    Your first bit is correct (500mA is usually the most you'll get from a USB port) but I think you misunderstand what a pass through is? It just lets you charge the battery while using the e cig.

Is that it? screw that so.

Is that it? screw that so.

If you travel a lot they would be handy. You can have it charging in the car while you use it. Another example would be a chain vaper that sits at a desk all day.

A lot of quick questions and answers flow through this forum, maybe a chat window would be handy. What do you think bollox?

• Advertisement

They come in both types, but I don't really see the benefit in being tied to a power cord. I'm constantly knocking over bottles of e-liquid and atties as it is.

They come in both types, but I don't really see the benefit in being tied to a power cord. I'm constantly knocking over bottles of e-liquid and atties as it is.

There both the same chargers, USB 5V (in the case of ego batteries anyway).

Right, well that is pretty feckin useless.

If you where inclined to get a pass-through so you can chain vape while driving or sitting at your desk, you want one of these:
    http://www.madvapes.com/ego-510-passthrough-37-volt.html

That's a normal 510 battery which can basically be charged from the top. This allows you to charge and vape at the same time, and you can still disconnect it and use it like a normal battery. The ones you've shown are useless due to high current requirements.

heliguyheliguy, what in the name of the mother of divine Jaysus were you vaping in this dropper? smells like bleach!! :P

heliguyheliguy, what in the name of the mother of divine Jaysus were you vaping in this dropper? smells like bleach!! :P

Prob isopropyl I cleaned it before packing it evaporates quickly but I guess not when all wrapped in plastic. Oops sorry

Ps. Make sure it's gone before u vape it can't be good for you!

Prob isopropyl I cleaned it before packing it evaporates quickly but I guess not when all wrapped in plastic. Oops sorry

Ps. Make sure it's gone before u vape it can't be good for you!

Grand job! i'll leave it for a while so

for making your own heads on a dropper do the wicks have to be a certain length or can they be as long or as short as you want them? As long as they soak up the juice anyway. Also is there any recommendation on the wire to use?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

for the ebaron dripper they'd have to be long enough i'd say so you can drop in the 15-20 drops and have it useable

there's definitely a length that's too long though. make it long enough and the juice will never travel up to the coil, it'll either stay in the tails of the wick or it'll spread out through the wick which is so long that you'll get a burnt taste anyway

the wire you use depends on the resistance you want. .20 for low res, .15 for normal or high res with many wraps, .13 for normal/high res with fewer wraps. for silica it doesnt really matter if you choose nichrome or kanthal. kanthal is slightly higher resistance than nichrome in general iirc, but only slightly. it seems to be the more popular lately too, everyone has kanthal these days

as far as I understand it less wraps = more throathit, but I could be wrong about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

So, I got an evic yesterday, and had a little play around with it last night. Seems ok so far, but the only tank I have is a Kanger T3. Aside from looking crap, I get a warning on the screen of the evic that the device is over heating. So i'm looking for a new tank....any suggestions??

• Advertisement

Anyone wrote: »
    So, I got an evic yesterday, and had a little play around with it last night. Seems ok so far, but the only tank I have is a Kanger T3. Aside from looking crap, I get a warning on the screen of the evic that the device is over heating. So i'm looking for a new tank....any suggestions??

I'd go for a vivi nova if you don't want to go down the rebuildable road, if you do then the aga-s (its either that or an aga-t, can never remember) or a bulli or just a dripper would work also I believe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the aga-s (its either that or an aga-t, can never remember)

it's both!, also an aga-w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I'd go for a vivi nova if you don't want to go down the rebuildable road, if you do then the aga-s (its either that or an aga-t, can never remember) or a bulli or just a dripper would work also I believe

Looks like its a vivi then. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Aside from looking crap, I get a warning on the screen of the evic that the device is over heating.

That can be turned off by raising the temp warning through settings. It's set very low by default.

anyone ever try a cherry chocolate juice? I know wingnuts has one but I didn't order it as I'm planning to try make my own. basically is it nice? it certainly sounds nice in my head...

anyone ever try a cherry chocolate juice? I know wingnuts has one but I didn't order it as I'm planning to try make my own. basically is it nice? it certainly sounds nice in my head...

It's a good combo. Have you never had a cherry-chocolate cake before?
    Pretty damn nice as long as the cherries are minced up nice and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

It's a good combo. Have you never had a cherry-chocolate cake before?
    Don't you mean Black Forest Gateaux?
    Pretty damn nice as long as the cherries are minced up nice and small.
    I guess not!

I dunno, is it? Only times I've seen Black Forest Gateaux it's had whole cherries on top.
    I like cherries in something, but a mouthful of cherry makes vommy, tommy.

Evic 1.2 update is here Wow! great new features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzik7KG3I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

You have to go into the software menu and increase the temp alarm so it doesn't give off the warning.
    Just set it at a temp you know it will never reach and you'll be fine.
    BTW the new 1.2 firmware came out yesterday and you can download the lastest features.

Advertisement