Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

derra wrote: »
    Heard earlier that a place in the Village Arcade in Bray is selling eCig stuff.
    Must pop in some day and see what they have.

Was in the shop earlier, they are re-sellers for Totally Wicked.
    So anything on the Totally Wicked site that ya want they would get it quickly enough for ya if they don't have it there already.
    Handy that it's local to walk in and try a few juices out and have a chat etc, they seem very friendly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

bought 4 kanger heads and put one in a tank today and ruined it :( horrible burnt taste just because I wanted to get my vape on.and didn't let it soak in for a few minutes. oh well, it shall be getting the vodka treatment when I get home which will hopefully sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Fcuk it its Friday evening give yourself the vodka treatment aswell!

Elbow wrote: »
    Fcuk it its Friday evening give yourself the vodka treatment aswell!

that's a given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Vodka is for drinking and not wasting on cleaning stuff. Go to the toothpaste section of the supermarket and pick up some false teeth cleaning tabs.....far cheaper and they do a better job. Heard bicarbonate soda works too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

baking soda cleans *everything*

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users Posts: 38,805 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I like that ;)
    I have a twin Vision, and the vape from that is nice, but the plastic cracked on the bottom, so leaks. That one you show avoids that, but with more frequent filling. Otoh, standard cartos fit, so should last for ages.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

If i was to buy that double barrel vape up there would my kangers work in it? or what would i need to buy with it to make it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

A pair of 510 carto's like these at a guess

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/bogecarto.htm

Maybe even these to blow your head off:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/dcc.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You'd need 2 510-ego adapters. But even at that, I think the kangers are too wide to fit the base!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

[QUOTE=krissovo;81723216}
    Maybe even these to blow your head off:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/dcc.htm[/QUOTE]

The amp limit (2.5amps) and voltage range (4.8v max) on the Twists wouldn't be suited for a single dual-coil (a single 1.5ohm DCC would top out at 3.7v before hitting the 2.5amp limit, which'd be less than two 5watt vapes so unless somebody likes their weaker vapes...), never mind two of them.
    Two DCCs would amount to four 3ohm coils having the 2.5amp current split between them (trying to create four piddly 1 watt vapes) and in order for that to happen, the voltage would have to drop to 1.8v, which it can't do...
    Sounds like a recipe for a fried circuit or a hot battery.

PZOeQVrAy0utpyiRD7GDMg2.jpg

:D

DCC = not great on a Twist.

2 DCCs = abysmal.

Got you, I assume a provari is good?

Great up to a point. It has a 3.5amp limit, but that limit is overridden by a 14watt limit, so a 1.5ohm DCC can only ever reach 14watts (2 coils @ 7watts).
    That'd still be a good vape, but could be better.
    Two 3.5ohm or 4ohm single coil cartos using that double barrel thingy would be ideal.
    Edit: no, it wouldn't... 14 watt limit, still. Feck's sake!
    Most mods would be awful for triple-coils or quad-coils (which is what two DCCs would be). You'd need a 6amp limit for four coils. For maximum vapour, anyway.

Not too many mods besides the self-built ones have a 6amp limit.

So what would be best for it?

So what would be best for it?

The only mass-market device with a great limit that doesn't later limit by watts seems to be the Zmax V2.
    If you have it in the RMS mode and choose to use the voltage instead of wattage, it seems to fire anything within it's 4amp limit, so it'd easily make the most of that madvapes thing.
    Would push two single-coil cartos to 12 watts each.
    Unvapable (to me/most people), but good that it's doable.
    I can see why mod-makers choose to make it undoable. Most users would experience the pitfalls rather than use the benefits, because it requires maths.

Would be useful for triple coils if you were building. Three 4.5ohm coils would be fantastic @ 6v, and just reach the amp-limit. 3 x 8watts would mean... a one or two second drag would fill your mouth with plume-overdose and/or throathit depending on extra airholes. Mmmm.

Telescopic mechanical mods with stacked batteries would give good results too, but if you didn't do your maths properly or used crap batteries, you'd have some serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Can anyone tell me if e-smokeireland accept credit card payment, I seem to be getting only a paypal option on their web site??
    Was about to take the plunge and become a vaper!!
    Looking to buy the following - Kanger twist starter kit- 650mah and some spare heads, the kit includes some sample juices.
    I recon after lurking here for a long time and just becomming more confused the more i read untill I actualy buy a kit and try it out I will just continue to be confused confused.png
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/obriep02/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/obriep02/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

does paypal not give you an option to pay directly with a credit card without needing a paypal account yourself?

if they're reading this it'd be ten different types of fabulous if they took laser as well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

You use your card through Paypal when you're checking out on e-smokeireland. Most vaping sites use either Skrill or Paypal.

The kit you've chosen is a great place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Thanks sept09baby and artyeva order placed tongue.png
    Now to find some spare kanger heads as e-smoke are out of stock.

banger01 wrote: »
    Thanks sept09baby and artyeva order placed tongue.png
    Now to find some spare kanger heads as e-smoke are out of stock.

ezsmoke should have some. cant link cause I'm on phone but if you Google it they'll pop up

Got my double barrel today but cant use it as i didnt get carts for it. HAve 1 of the twists on charge and was thinking of giving the other away in a competition on my youtube. still undecided on that but i'll tell yiz if i do

right, I have the kanger t3 here. its a 2.5 ohm head on it. I also have a twist that goes from 3.3v up to 4.8 will vaping at the 4.8 pop the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

No it should be fine but I'd imagine a burnt taste vaping at that level. There's a chart somewhere showing resistance/voltage etc

so out with my mate earlier who's a vaper/smoker and he was smoking away. i still love the smell of smoke for some reason and asked him could i take a drag. Took a drag and could feel my lungs objecting to it. The taste lingered in my mouth and the amount of smoke that i exhaled compared to the amount of vapour i was producing a few minutes before was disappointing. At a pinch, maybe, big if i ever need a nic hit and have no juice or a way to get juice quickly i will smoke but only as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

so out with my mate earlier who's a vaper/smoker and he was smoking away. i still love the smell of smoke for some reason and asked him could i take a drag. Took a drag and could feel my lungs objecting to it. The taste lingered in my mouth and the amount of smoke that i exhaled compared to the amount of vapour i was producing a few minutes before was disappointing. At a pinch, maybe, big if i ever need a nic hit and have no juice or a way to get juice quickly i will smoke but only as a last resort.

I had a similar experience a couple of months ago. Won't say I'll never smoke again, but after that experience (two smokes on a night out) I can say I do actually prefer vaping. Not counting that night, I'm seven months into vaping.

the worst thing is that if i do go back smoking cause the ecig has died or is out of juice and i cant sort it straight away would be a night out. Have to say i dont miss the wheezing and coughing the day after a night out when i would have smoked up to 40 smokes in the space of a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

the worst thing is that if i do go back smoking cause the ecig has died or is out of juice and i cant sort it straight away would be a night out. Have to say i dont miss the wheezing and coughing the day after a night out when i would have smoked up to 40 smokes in the space of a few hours.

Hangovers are 80% cigarette related :D

Advertisement