Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

protectionism, nationalism and bigotry are no strangers to the e-cig business

China juices into Boston harbor, not exactly a tea party but deff a tea party thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

thanks to ESI for the excellent lightening quick delivery of a 510-510 adaptor - the sax fits!!

8124648548_3ae91302d5_z.jpg

it's not working yet though... there's power in the battery so it's not that. and the sax works on an ego so it's not that either. more fiddling in order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,806 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That's looking good, though.
    I flirted with pipes years ago but stopped doing it when I realised that someone in their 20s who wasn't a hillbilly just looked like a knob smoking a pipe. I think I could get away with it now :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I see TBS are getting the Vision Eternity rebuildable in. Nice to see rebuildables coming into Irish stores rather than having to buy from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

ESI has the Phoenix & the E-Baron and I think Bargain Vapour has at least one as well. Got the e-Baron and happy with it although it came set up with a wick and coil that gave great vapour and flavour and very poor throat hit. Messed up my first two attempts at recoiling but third time lucky...5 turns nichrome @ 1.6ohms and I have flavour, vapour and great throat hit. Not as good as the GP Spheroid...that kicks like a mule...but a nice little dripper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

shill wrote:
    Don't engage with the shills folks

Yes but would you not get it here or here for less??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vapechick

HI all I am new to vaping approx 5 weeks and loving it, I am currently on the Kanger twist which I ordered from smokeireland. They dont seem to have 50ml bottles of menthol on their site. Could somebody put me in the right direction of where I could get some.

I got some free fruit wingnuts I think they are called but I find there is no hit from them? So Im presuming the menthol has the best hit.?

Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

Vapechick, it might be the nic % thats the problem, check what Nic% the juices are because I get a fair old hit from 24mg and even 11mg has a hit off it. If your deliberately going 0nic then menthol is your man. Finding a nice one is the thing, some have a chemical taste which is not so nice. Heres a list of Irish Vendors, some one will have menthol in 50 mil bottles.

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Vapechick, it might be the nic % thats the problem, check what Nic% the juices are because I get a fair old hit from 24mg and even 11mg has a hit off it. If your deliberately going 0nic then menthol is your man. Finding a nice one is the thing, some have a chemical taste which is not so nice. Heres a list of Irish Vendors, some one will have menthol in 50 mil bottles.

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

Hi Tommy, I use 18 mgs menthol. The wingnuts were free samples in various fruit flavours, I think they are 20mg but I get nothing off them. I like a strong hit as I was a 40 a day smoker.

40 a day, sure you have hardly any lungs left ;)
    If it the standard dekand menthol the best shop has it in 50ml, I don't like menthol anymore, used to gobble the stuff and went off it completely, but I found the standard stuff had a ,as I said, chemical taste.
    Heres some in 10 30 50ml and 300ml O:
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Triple_Menthol__Strong_18mg/p1274299_7998086.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone know about this kinda stuff, i got a 20ml 12mg bottle of juice, i added .5ml of nicotine. would this bring the nic content up to maybe 17mg?

If it the standard dekand menthol the best shop has it in 50ml, I don't like menthol anymore, used to gobble the stuff and went off it completely, but I found the standard stuff had a ,as I said, chemical taste.

300 mls wow brill. I see the liquid is triple strong though, is that gonna be a huge change to the menthol I am on?

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

anyone know about this kinda stuff, i got a 20ml 12mg bottle of juice, i added .5ml of nicotine. would this bring the nic content up to maybe 17mg?
    You need to know what the actual strength the nicotine juice is to calculate the effective strength of the final mix.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Esel wrote: »
    You need to know what the actual strength the nicotine juice is to calculate the effective strength of the final mix.

think it's 50mg vg nic. either way i added in .5ml to it and have been letting it steep for a few days.

i'm going to end up killing myself amnt i!? :pac:

Your mix is now just under 13mg strength.

20ml @ 12mg = 240mg

Added 0.5ml @ 50mg = 25mg

Now have 20.5ml containing 265mg

Dividing 265 by 20.5 gives 12.92mg per ml

Edit: To get 17mg strength, add another 2.5ml of the 50mg nic juice - giving 23ml containing 390mg = 16.95mg strength. You'll need a larger bottle to do this. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Should add 2.5ml extra to get 17mg.

^Composed my edit before I saw your post. :)

Just for clarity, 3ml of 50mg in total needed to get 17mg.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Triple menthol, jesus that'd be strong, I use their double menthol a bit and it's pretty strong already. I can see myself ordering a ton of this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Small rant....

Do not buy the bestshop carto punchers, total waste of money, the bolt isn't even sharp enough to pierce the carto without warping it.

The Kir finis on BV was on pre-order, cancelled this to get one of these to my friend who's heading off to India and now he's stuck with a lemon.

/end rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I am of the opposite opinion, the Kir Franis punch is too sharp and pierces to deep. The bestshop one I have works perfectly for me. It is blunt and does warp the carto but I have zero leaks with any of my tanks.

• Advertisement

The warping keeps the tank from sliding upwards as well. Not that you should be swinging your PV around by the tank, but you could.

Samba, your friend can get a junior hacksaw for cheap in India to cut slots with? Sorted then. Really good feed and zero warping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I posted this in the tank thread a while ago - I got one of these on eBay and it's very good. You get a bit of a dent around the hole, but not that much warping

REVERSE OSMOSIS SELF PIERCING SADDLE VALVE

$(KGrHqJ,!i!E3dSGHHHrBN-jBJ0LBw~~0_1.JPG

$T2eC16d,!)!E9s2fDH+DBQiOg7Nb3w~~60_35.JPG

krissovo wrote: »
    I am of the opposite opinion, the Kir Franis punch is too sharp and pierces to deep. The bestshop one I have works perfectly for me. It is blunt and does warp the carto but I have zero leaks with any of my tanks.

Can't say I agree, have the kir finis down to a tea and I've punched umpteen cartos perfectly with it, another issue with the carto warping is it starts to damage the seals and you get little bits of rubber floating around your tank, never mind the fact that sliding the carto down to refill is awkward with a warped carto.
    Eoin wrote: »
    I posted this in the tank thread a while ago - I got one of these on eBay and it's very good. You get a bit of a dent around the hole, but not that much warping

I remember that alright, went with the Kir finis simply for the sake of convenience to travel with, how big/heavy are those? Handy enough to travel with?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Samba wrote: »
    I remember that alright, went with the Kir finis simply for the sake of convenience to travel with, how big/heavy are those? Handy enough to travel with?

it's pretty bulky, but I tend to bring a pre-punched cart as backup. If I'm away long enough where I'd need to bring bottles, chargers, batteries etc, it doesn't really make much difference.

8155305041_2de4690a92_z.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Eoin wrote: »

$(KGrHqJ,!i!E3dSGHHHrBN-jBJ0LBw~~0_1.JPG

$T2eC16d,!)!E9s2fDH+DBQiOg7Nb3w~~60_35.JPG
    I've been using that one for a good while thanks to your previous link. It really is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

Seen this in lidl or aldi,it comes up on offer fairly regular...is it suitable for the e-cig range...as the charger i got with my mini-lava tube is rubbish,just the same as the batteries!!...

the second pic with digital display is actually the one available!!!

Bit annoying with the Allen key, but looks like a winner. Course the problem is finding where to buy.

pkjnr wrote: »
    Seen this in lidl or aldi,it comes up on offer fairly regular...is it suitable for the e-cig range...as the charger i got with my mini-lava tube is rubbish,just the same as the batteries!!...

Not suitable. Might be good for some indoor fireworks though?
    Pity Halloween's just gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Heard earlier that a place in the Village Arcade in Bray is selling eCig stuff.
    Must pop in some day and see what they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,806 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

pkjnr wrote: »

No, they're only for NiMH batteries and don't do Lithiums. You might set fire to the Old Master above your bed.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement