Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wow that is a complete and utter rip off of the throathit mod :)
    cept it can also charge stuff

wonder how throathit feels about that

oh, also usb charge

i gues it's different enough ... sure do look mighty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hmm.. well the last two are a bit out of my price range at the mo. i love the look of the garry dibley tins but think it's the kind of thing i'd need to hold for a bit to see how comfortable it was - [it doesn't look that comfortable!]. if i'm getting my head around it right though, the advantage of say, the tin mods over the vv gripper is two 18650s instead of one... so what's the longest lasting 18650 you could use in them and buy from an irish site somewhere? don't think i'd have time to wait for one of his tins now that i think of it. shouldda thought of all this sooner dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

These batteries last the most/have the highest mAh that AW has in their High Drain range (necessary with VV to avoid a long drooping period at the end of the charge).
    €12.50 each when buying two's a good deal.
    They should last 1.5-2 days each in the Gripper. Apparently it has an efficient regulator up to the end of the charge, just bear in mind that whatever voltage you set is (judging from reviews and figures) 1volt above what you set it to be and you'll get along fine with it.

cheers for that grindle, i'd be more than happy with 1.5-2 days. i wrongly assumed those batteries would be hella-expensive and they're not. but... our car tax renewal arrived this morning so this might have to wait for a few weeks and the egos might have to go in the suitcase. unless i can sell a kidney between now and the end of the month. anyone need a kidney?!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Had a problem with cc and PayPal. emailed e-smokeireland.eu with my dilemma and order and was able to collect with no hassle. Great service and a most pleasant transaction. Big thumbs up :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Went on holiday for a week and used two ego 900mah and 5 cartos 30ml of juice.
    No problem as I could charge one at night and use one all day. Could only charge at night anyway because of the key power thing in hotels but never ran out.
    Oh wait, I think I may have charged both at night, the one I was using first(about 1 -1 1/2 hours and then the used one)
    anyway it worked out fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Went on holiday for a week and used two ego 900mah and 5 cartos 30ml of juice.
    No problem as I could charge one at night and use one all day. Could only charge at night anyway because of the key power thing in hotels but never ran out.
    Oh wait, I think I may have charged both at night, the one I was using first(about 1 -1 1/2 hours and then the used one)
    anyway it worked out fine.
    I had a similar problem in Kos, but noticed the fridge stays on even when the key card is taken out, so pulled the fridge away from the wall and plugged in my chargers. The wife nearly had a canary :D and was shouting "we'll be kicked out of the hotel" feck um got to get your priorities right ;)

kiffy wrote: »
    I had a similar problem in Kos, but noticed the fridge stays on even when the key card is taken out, so pulled the fridge away from the wall and plugged in my chargers. The wife nearly had a canary :D and was shouting "we'll be kicked out of the hotel" feck um got to get your priorities right ;)

I'm such a fucking simpleton.
    The amount of time I wasted charging eGos thinking "Can't leave the room...what a balls...if only there was some way...some way...some way..."

May future generations learn from your wizardry!

grindle wrote: »
    I'm such a fucking simpleton.
    The amount of time I wasted charging eGos thinking "Can't leave the room...what a balls...if only there was some way...some way...some way..."

May future generations learn from your wizardry!
    It was lucky I spotted it coz the wife would have missed our daughter's wedding ceremony, no way was she coming out of that room until my batteries were charged for the night of the booze up after the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Out in Rody Bolands in rathmines? last night. vaping away but staff siad nothing :) i know there's a list of places that dont say anything about it so that can be added.

Cant get my tip off a kanger now though :(

Got it!!! :D

had to use a pliers though which left a small mark on the tip but at least its all good now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Elbow wrote: »
    Give Paul at ESI a shout, he's got AW 14500 batteries in specially for me before, he might be able to add a few AW 26500's to his next order if you ask nicley :p
    Sent him a msg and he's got back to me saying the battery is discontinued :(
    He did say he could get me Efest ones tho ?
    I asked him about AW26500's as they can be used with the kick as well i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cant get my lip off a kanger now though :(

Got it!!! :D

had to use a pliers though which left a small mark on the lip but at least its all good now :)
    FYP

Ouch! :eek: :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    FYP

Ouch! :eek: :)

He can stick his tip to my Kanger anytiiiime, ifyouknowhatimeeeean,,,

grindle wrote: »
    He can stick his tip to my Kanger anytiiiime, ifyouknowhatimeeeean,,,
    Riiiight.

So, reading my FYP again, have you anything to add or subtract from your statement? :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Riiiight.

So, reading my FYP again, have you anything to add or subtract from your statement? :)

Noooooo. My word is my bond.

Seeing as I wasn't at Vapefest, and don't know a Kanger from a hole (in the ground), I reserve judgement......

Not your ornery onager

Just received my Echo 1300 mAh automatic 808 thread kit from
    http://www.shopecigarette.co.uk.
    Complete with
    2 x Automatic Battery
    2 x Empty Cartomizers 3ml
    1 x USB to wall adapter UK or EU plug
    1 x User manual
    Kit cost €46.6

Also purchased and extra
    3 x Empty Cartomizers 3m
    1 x Automatic Battery (now have 4 in total, 3 Echo and 1 vGo)
    1 x USB charger.
    Total cost €83.95 Free shipping with orders over £30 (€37)

Am like a pig in $hit, took nearly 5 minutes to fill the cartomiser and took 77 drops to fill :D and says can last for 100 refills (vendors always conservative with the truth ;), will be very happy if it lasts 50) And the flavour from the 3ml cart is way nicer than with the normal 35ml cartomiser and even more vapour production too.

But another big bonus from this website is I ordered it last Thursday evening at 6:30 pm (shop closed), was shipped Friday and arrived today at 1:30 pm in the post, bloody great delivery time not even 2 working days.
    Tried all the bits and everything pucker.

Would recommend this set up to any 808 thread user of batteries, knocks mountains off Green Smoke, smoke Green, Jacvapour products
    and an all day vape with 3ml cart.

With the 3ml cart on it is about 20mm shorter than my Twist with eGo V cartomiser but the big bonus is I don't have to hold it like a tin whistle (holding down a button to vape :p) or mess about with all the bits associated with tanks and cartomisers (sorry lads I know some of you love to doodle, but not for me, plain and simple/nice and easy as she goes for me)

Now all I need is a decent flavour to vape and hope ESI can accommodate that with the 8 flavours on order.

WELL PLEASED ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

talking one of the lads in work through ordering the noob kit posted by sept09, he's delighted with himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

talking one of the lads in work through ordering the noob kit posted by sept09, he's delighted with himself :)

I did the same last week with one of the lads, he is delighted vaping away on Swedish fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My eBaron "The Dripper" arrived this morning. I must say first impressions are that its a awesome device that gives a very satisfying consistent vape.

I have been using the phoenix as my dripper but this is in a different league. The draw is very good with no gurgling, big pops or fizzles. The vapor production is great to the point its almost dangerous to vape in the car. Flavor is yummy, tried a mild tobacco and Wingnuts Orange ice pop and you can really identify different layers in the juice.

The throat hit is not as strong as using a boge cartomiser, I am using low nicotine so that might effect it and its only 3 hours old but I dont like a big throat hit now my nicotine is down to 6mg.

• Advertisement

krissovo;
    My eBaron "The Dripper" arrived this morning.
    Did you pre order that or is it in stock from an Irish site?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Did you pre order that or is it in stock from an Irish site?

e-smokeireland
    have them in stock Tommy

I need to stay online more, buizy the last few days and haven't been keeping up.
    Tho things move so fast now I'm beginning to get nostalgic for the days of atties and carts, when cartomizers were something Americans had and tanks were still a distant dream. Now it's a new toy every week.

I need to stay online more, buizy the last few days and haven't been keeping up.
    Tho things move so fast now I'm beginning to get nostalgic for the days of atties and carts, when cartomizers were something Americans had and tanks were still a distant dream. Now it's a new toy every week.

I know its mad Tommy, I'm only vaping over 8 months and the amount of gear available in Ireland now to even when I started vaping is unreal. Its great to see though :D

early birthday/wedding anniversary present from mr artyeva, bless his 'lil cotton socks :p

8115793213_cf37f7fc8f_z.jpg

i've a sax clearomizer on the way for it too, yay. and cass, you were right - pipes are excellent for pointing :p

artyeva wrote: »
    early birthday/wedding anniversary present from mr artyeva, bless his 'lil cotton socks :p

8115793213_cf37f7fc8f_z.jpg

i've a sax clearomizer on the way for it too, yay. and cass, you were right - pipes are excellent for pointing :p

It lovely, fair play to Mr Artyeva a nice present to get :)

Forgot to ask where did ye purchase?

thanks newmark, and yeah it's lovely. it's 2 weeks early but he said if i knew he'd had it in the house for a fortnight without giving it to me i prolly would have beaten him to death with it. :D

think he bought it from health cabin? it had a chinese customs label on the packaging anyway. he didn't realise you could buy 'em in ireland and said he googled it and bought from the first place he saw. it's the 601-c. the cartomizers that came with it aren't the mae west but i'll give the sax a go when it arrives, and as far as i can google it takes standard boge 510s as well. some nice juice in this of a winter's evening, with a good book... loungin' in front of the fire... heaven. social lives are for wooses :p

edit.... balls anyway. i thought that this + this would be enough to let me use any ego threaded thing on top. but the battery adaptor is a few ml too short. would this work in between the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Anybody know anything about the Genesis type set ups? Vapour Hut in the UK have a "version" of them for £24.

Do you need a syringe to fill the tank or something? If you do, I have no interest. Also, how do you know how much juice is left in it?

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/Rebuildables/VH-Genesis

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    thanks newmark, and yeah it's lovely. it's 2 weeks early but he said if i knew he'd had it in the house for a fortnight without giving it to me i prolly would have beaten him to death with it. :D

think he bought it from health cabin? it had a chinese customs label on the packaging anyway. he didn't realise you could buy 'em in ireland and said he googled it and bought from the first place he saw. it's the 601-c. the cartomizers that came with it aren't the mae west but i'll give the sax a go when it arrives, and as far as i can google it takes standard boge 510s as well. some nice juice in this of a winter's evening, with a good book... loungin' in front of the fire... heaven. social lives are for wooses :p

edit.... balls anyway. i thought that this + this would be enough to let me use any ego threaded thing on top. but the battery adaptor is a few ml too short. would this work in between the two?

I'm not sure about the connections but I do know that the 601c is much improved to the previous 601 version as I was reading through the epipe section on uk vapers forum recently and read a few reports on it. If you have a look there I'm sure you will find out about the connections and what adapters are needed to use 510. I havent time to check at the minute but its handy to know that link anyway as a pipe vaper you might find some useful info so here it is http://ukvapers.org/Forum-E-Pipe-Users

Advertisement