Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Anybody know anything about the Genesis type set ups? Vapour Hut in the UK have a "version" of them for £24.

Do you need a syringe to fill the tank or something? If you do, I have no interest. Also, how do you know how much juice is left in it?

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/Rebuildables/VH-Genesis

I use a needle cap. Maybe one of those thin droppers that come with some liquids might fit but doubt if the normal ones will. You'll know when it needs filling when the vapour and flavour drop off.

There is an issue with the air hole not being flush with the coil so you'll need to sand the top cap down with wet & dry. My first ever genesis coil worked but had lots of bother afterwards with hot spots but now rubbing the top of the wick with cotton seems to have solved that. I'm happy enough with it and thought it was good value if a little fiddly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Hmmmm...sounds a bit like hard work. I set my Bulli tank up like a genesis last week and it worked really well but it's not designed for pulling the tank on and off. I loved the vape though.

I'm using the Bulli tank with mesh wick/coil and mesh feeder in the spike and it's working excellent as well but I thought I might give the genesis a go cos I like that set-up. Might hold off for the moment though if it's a bit fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Originally Posted by Green Hornet
    Anybody know anything about the Genesis type set ups? Vapour Hut in the UK have a "version" of them for £24.

Do you need a syringe to fill the tank or something? If you do, I have no interest. Also, how do you know how much juice is left in it?

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-carto...les/VH-Genesis

http://vapourhut.com/VH-Genesis-Clear-Tank Their you go!
    And for filling; http://vapourhut.com/accessories/10ml%20bottle%20with%20needle%20tip

The dripper they sell works well, not tried the genesis but will soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

try a mesh wick in your rda, it'll basically be a genesis with the amount of liquid you can put in there

I've used the mesh wick in the RDA and it works great but you're still stuck with the wet trouser pockets :D. The Bulli tank with the mesh works great too so it's not a big deal but the tank on the Bulli is only 1ml.

Bloody disaster...............now that I'm thinking about it I know it's only a matter of time before I crack and order the bloody thing..........:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've used the mesh wick in the RDA and it works great but you're still stuck with the wet trouser pockets :D.
    That is the downside of the RDAs alright, I've gone back to using a carto tank during the day just to have something pocketable. They're ok, but not great when you've gotten used to the RDA.

Actually, I must dig out the RTA and try and get it working again. If I can't I think I'll be going one of these genesis too.

have a look at the UKVA todd has done some reviews for it on youtube. it looks pretty cool. a slim genesis atty, it'd look great on an ego. holds 1 or 2 ml depending on the tank you get. and it's as customisable as the cobra, you can do straight wick, u-bend, double/triple coil etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

newmark wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the connections but I do know that the 601c is much improved to the previous 601 version as I was reading through the epipe section on uk vapers forum recently and read a few reports on it. If you have a look there I'm sure you will find out about the connections and what adapters are needed to use 510. I havent time to check at the minute but its handy to know that link anyway as a pipe vaper you might find some useful info so here it is http://ukvapers.org/Forum-E-Pipe-Users

ha, cheers shane i'm on there already - in disguise! ;) mostly drooling over mycroft's stuff it has to be said. he's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Received my penelope purchased from UKV classies. Not as fiddly to set up as feared -quite straight forward in fact although there's a temptation to fiddle around with the draw. By god though, this thing is taking my head off. Fog machine doesn't do it justice- I can barely see across the room. Excellent flavour and throat hit - this thing will never be too far from my Gripper from this moment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

in relation to the e-pipe what exactly would you need to buy if one was to buy it?

thinking of asking for it for christmas and want to give whoever the complete list of exactly what to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

mine, or newmark's? or to put it another way - how much does this person claim to love you :p

the 601c kit i have came with the body, 1 mouthpiece, 2 icr 18350 900mah batteries, an eu charger and 3 pin adaptor and 8 cartomizers filled with a foul juice that tastes.... foul. i haven't tried standard boges in it yet but that's the only extra you'd need for christmas morning. unless yer a pen-chewer, then you might want an extra mouthpiece. in the instruction booklet it mentioned a wee pipe stand but that didn't come with mine. fleabay has cheap and cheerful plastic ones.... and nicer wooden ones from ukraine.

i ordered the vh-sax from vapourhut in the uk just cause it looked 'streamlined' but if you have the right length extender thing [i don't] and the 510-ego adaptor in theory you should be able to put any ego fitting thing you want on there and make it as fugly as yer heart desires.

try a mesh wick in your rda, it'll basically be a genesis with the amount of liquid you can put in there

Yeah, I actually made a 100% mesh wick in the RDA - with the clear tube so that I can actually see how much is in there. It will be straightforward enough to just vape it until there's no liquid sloshing around in there and put it back into my pocket without leaking.

It's working really well actually. Bit of fiddling required to check that there's no hotspots after slipping the tube back on but that's pretty easy in the RDA cos you can just flip the top off and put it back on when you've made the adjustments.

You should try it in your RDA.

I did, i was mainly using mesh in my rda for a while before i broke it :)

when I get my rda repaired eventually i'll be using mesh in it most of the time, could never quite get it perfect using silica

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

only got into vaping three weeks ago (had to kick the 20 a day habit as I'm a medical student in a non-smoking hospital). within a week, i upgraded from my 510 starter kit to the kanger/twist kit from ESI (thanks to whoever on here put it up).

Beautiful beautiful contraption. the 510 kit let me know 'this is as good as smoking' and then the kanger/twist combo just blew my mind because it's actually very very very enjoyable.

The cruel irony was that my favourite e liquid (by a long shot) is blathnat from Irishvapers, which I'm pretty sure i've ordered the last stock of. Have to say, I loved Irishvapers' stuff more than anything else i've tried (really didn't like any of the wingnuts stuff, and the dekang stuff is a bit meh).

haven't so much as had a drag off a cigarette (i'm sorry but the 'analogue' term grinds my gears for some reason) in 3 weeks. delighted i got into this because as you can imagine dealing with the catastrophic fallout of tobacco smoking on a day to day basis really makes you realise that smoking is an absolutely wreckless vice.

at the same time, i really don't like essentially being involved in a 'first in man' trial, so hopefully the theory (i'm the type of geek who has actually checked the limited data available) holds up and no serious health effects of vaping become apparent.

I did, i was mainly using mesh in my rda for a while before i broke it :)

when I get my rda repaired eventually i'll be using mesh in it most of the time, could never quite get it perfect using silica

You should ask him for a clear tube as well - only 4 euro I think - and it takes the guessing out of it. Think I might need to make the airhole a little bigger in mine though, it's a little bit tight.

jtsuited wrote: »

at the same time, i really don't like essentially being involved in a 'first in man' trial, so hopefully the theory (i'm the type of geek who has actually checked the limited data available) holds up and no serious health effects of vaping become apparent.

I'm work in the science field myself and that is always a little niggle at the back of my mind too. BTW, I hate Dekang stuff too. All tastes the same with a rotten, chemical aftertaste to me..........but some people love it. Different strokes I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I was watching Episode two of Richard Dawkins new Doc last night. Very interesting titbit of information I picked up in the last minutes of the show where he had his entire genome sequenced. (Don't worry, I haven't posted this in the wrong forum in error :D )

He was shown some of the genetic markers he has associated with various health issues. For instance he had a genetic sequence that increases his risk of Proferia by 70%. He would have had it by his age so he got lucky.

Another gene sequence doubles his risk of lung cancer from smoking. He doesn't smoke. However the geneticist explained that the mechanism of increased lung cancer risk with this gene sequence is not what you would expect. Its nothing to do with cellular mechanisms of cancer protein expression blah de blah (I made that bit up but you get the point). It increases your risk of lung cancer because the gene sequence makes the person carrying it more likely to inhale more deeply and to smoke a cigarette right to the end. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to suggest that this gene might actually be the frugalness gene. ie. someone who is frugal and a smoker will pull harder and pull right to the end to get the best value out of the cigarette. I thought it was an interesting finding anyway. :D

Actually another interesting snippet in the show was the family of 4 centenarians. Eldest sibling was 108 and youngest was 102. The 104 year old still works on Wall Street, is fully compus mentis (sp?), uses a computer to monitor his stocks......and was working on the floor of the Stock Exchange of Wall Street during the Crash.....no, not the recent ones, the one in 1929 !!!! Anyway his 108 year old sister smokes 20 a day and has done for..............95 years !!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Calibos wrote: »
    I was watching Episode two of Richard Dawkins new Doc last night. Very interesting titbit of information I picked up in the last minutes of the show where he had his entire genome sequenced. (Don't worry, I haven't posted this in the wrong forum in error :D )

He was shown some of the genetic markers he has associated with various health issues. For instance he had a genetic sequence that increases his risk of Proferia by 70%. He would have had it by his age so he got lucky.

Another gene sequence doubles his risk of lung cancer from smoking. He doesn't smoke. However the geneticist explained that the mechanism of increased lung cancer risk with this gene sequence is not what you would expect. Its nothing to do with cellular mechanisms of cancer protein expression blah de blah (I made that bit up but you get the point). It increases your risk of lung cancer because the gene sequence makes the person carrying it more likely to inhale more deeply and to smoke a cigarette right to the end. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to suggest that this gene might actually be the frugalness gene. ie. someone who is frugal and a smoker will pull harder and pull right to the end to get the best value out of the cigarette. I thought it was an interesting finding anyway. :D

Yes very interesting Keith, I must remember to read that post again tonight in bed if I'm having trouble sleeping :D:D;)

But seriously that I'm glad I packed in the fags, coz I could have sucked a fag for Wales in the olympics all the way to the end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

funnily enough, it's not cancer that put me off smoking, but COPD. Far more prevalent and frankly fcuking horrible. And almost entirely caused by cigarette smoking. Coronary artery disease too. And about 50 other truly awful illnesses that are fully preventable by quitting smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I noticed Esi has kanger t3 in stock now. Just ordered one to try. So if anybody else wants to try give Esi a go:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

kiffy wrote: »
    Yes very interesting Keith, I must remember to read that post again tonight in bed if I'm having trouble sleeping :D:D;)

But seriously that I'm glad I packed in the fags, coz I could have sucked a fag for Wales in the olympics all the way to the end as well.

Doh!! I missed a very important 2 letter word.

General Discussion on Vendors and Devices.

I thought the Thread title was more akin to "General Discussion, Vendors and Devices" meaning anything related to our new and old habits :o:D

Mods, Please remove if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

eBaron - The Dripper,

Ok after a couple of days I am totally in love with it, the engineering of this product and the simplicity is awesome and I dont think I will need or want another dripping product again.

I just rebuilt it for the first time in 3 minutes flat from start to finish, nothing too fiddly at all and using only a scissors to cut the wick no other tools. Within 4 minutes I was vaping away happily. The key to this is the ceramic cup that the wick sits in means you space your coil out and it will not short against the head.

The flavor and vapor is really good, I need the air con in car switched on or it fogs up. I cannot comment on the throat hit too much as its low nicotine but its perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

jtsuited wrote: »
    With knobs on, matey.
    I found out quite rapidly that some of the cheap ejuices from unknown Chinese sources gave me spots. Now I stick to better-known ones. Of course, if my leg falls off in a couple of years I'll blame that anyway.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

So,i got stuck for a drip tip after breaking most of my others..i detached the small tip from the kanger 510-slipped an o ring on the bottom,and now its on top of the vivi nova..id swear the design of those dips contribute to flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Gotvapes.com

Love this shop. My Shorty cartos and mini vision ego 400mah arrived after only 6 days. Great stuff, i was expecting a couple of weeks.
    The Shortys are amazing, I was a little skeptical about them I have to say. Fantastic little buggers, great draw on them, loads of flavour. I didnt like cartos until now, I only bought these for more discreet vaping, but, it looks like im done with clearos, going to switch to carto tanks.

The mini ego is brilliant as well, its absolutely tiny, its kind of amusing. Unfortunately though, the mini does not seem to like the standard cones (which worked absolutely fine with 650mah or 1000mah egos and an atty) with its microscopic slot for air. So I think ill have to get a file out, but im really unsure as the threads are right down at the end. These are the cones from liberty-flights if anyone has any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

had an order from EZsmoke in the door today which contained a bottle of apple juice. looked at the label and saw 12mg, started wondering a bit and then looked at the invoice in the envelope, 20 it said. i started raging slightly and cursing and gesticulating and all that jazz and threw the invoice across the room. the sister picked it up and read it properly.

Dekang Apple 12mg 20ML

now i feel like a right tit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

had an order from EZsmoke in the door today which contained a bottle of apple juice. looked at the label and saw 12mg, started wondering a bit and then looked at the invoice in the envelope, 20 it said. i started raging slightly and cursing and gesticulating and all that jazz and threw the invoice across the room. the sister picked it up and read it properly.

Dekang Apple 12mg 20ML

now i feel like a right tit :o

Do I bother with the Dekang juices? From what I've read, they aren't great, apart from the white coffee one. I'm loving all the Wingnuts, even the ones that aren't to my liking, still taste brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I like dekang juices myself. Not my favourite, but theyre very cheap, readily available everywhere, high pg and they just suit certain tastes. For instance a Dekang banana might be more like a banana sweet or milkshake or whatever, while a Decadent Vapours banana might be more like a real banana. Their camel and ry4 are worth a go. Its all about personal tastes really, no harm in giving a few a go.

There does seem to be a bit of anti china sentiment on certain forums you can go on too :p. Also bad batches happen with dekang, maybe more so than other producers. But I have noticed fair variations in more high end stuff myself so it can happen with all brands..

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I always find Dekang juices handy to have around - even if just mixing with other stuff. Some juices are nice with a drop of vanilla or caramel added etc

• Advertisement

protectionism, nationalism and bigotry are no strangers to the e-cig business

Advertisement