Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

trying out a few different tanks and clearomizers - clearomiSers? anyhoo - is the DCT tank supposed to make little banging noises like a tiny car backfiring?! am i doing something wrong? lovely draw and hit off it otherwise. i primed the coil and filled it and let it sit, checked for leakage and don't see any though i do see some tiny airholes above the o-rings so i'm not thinking it'll last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The Smok DCCs that come with it are a little gurgly. Once you replace with a large Boge you'll be sorted.

Airhole? I'm trying to imagine this. Is it not the hole the liquid feeds through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The DCT has best vape by far of anything I have tried, shame its so noisy. It does spit and gurgle a little and the air draw is like jet engine starting up.

ah ok, well the one that came with it was fooked, i'm now using a 'for dct' not a boge specifically. i don't have any gurgling really - just little bangs.
    the airholes - maybe i should call 'em airpockets, are just above the o-rings, in between the plastic of the tank and the metal of the base. and one biggish air pocket is at the ring itself. so when that breaches it looks like it'll leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

really liking the grenades, when the battery is discharged it stops completly. not like the ego batteries that still allowed a bit of vaping when it was gone. these stop and then dont allow a vape until you charge it. quite like that feature.

• Advertisement

yeah - so it leaked. everywhere. like niagra falls. cu chulainn too, which is a shame as i'm trying to ration it. i suppose i could replace the o-rings or something? but really, i'd rather back over it with the wheels of my car :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Having issues rebuilding the phoenix. Using silica and .20 nichrome. Have tried two and four strands, 4, 5 and 6 wraps, tight/loose - but just not getting flavour or th. Anyone got the fools guide to the right setup here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I use 4 strands and 5 turns on the RDA (with or without mesh wrap) but I tried the same setup on the Bulli and it just would not work.

On the Bulli I found 3 strands is optimum for me but I'd spent 2 weeks trying variations of 2 and 4 and not a lot of success.

Make sure to check all of the turns glow red and evenly before you assemble it. You might need to move the turns a bit until they are glowing even. Make sure that the wick doesn't get moved when assembling it then. Small movements can cause it to go bad again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

one thing I noticed with the phoenix was the coils had a tendency to seperate when you're putting the legs into the posts, I think if the coils are too far apart it can reduce flavour in a big way

chacal wrote: »
    Having issues rebuilding the phoenix. Using silica and .20 nichrome. Have tried two and four strands, 4, 5 and 6 wraps, tight/loose - but just not getting flavour or th. Anyone got the fools guide to the right setup here?

The flavour and TH'll be okay with silica, but better with cotton.

As for the coil, cut a length to 6-7cm, and fold what will be the legs back in on themselves about .5cm and twist them. This'll centre the heat to the coil by making the legs pseudo-non-resistance.
    Should come out at about 1.8-2.1 ohms.

Evenly space your coils and you're as good as you'll get with that set-up.

Was gonna suggest making a fully twisted coil, but apparently you'd need two 9cm lengths of .20 nichrome to make it work well. That's a lot of wire to fit into a Phoenix.

• Advertisement

Thanks.. here's hoping fifth time's a charm!

Anyone try to order of pixie juice recently? were you successful? its extremly expensive. just under €50 for 3 30ml bottles :eek: but i said i'd give it a go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah the UK juice does work out pretty expensive, the home brew stuff works out to usually be about €20 for 30mls...but the quality is a step above the chinese juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

So im going to get a BAM V2 but what 26500 battery should i use ?
    I'll be useing it with the kick set to about 8watts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Stealthirl wrote: »
    So im going to get a BAM V2 but what 26500 battery should i use ?
    I'll be useing it with the kick set to about 8watts

I'm using KVS IMR 26500's in mine but if I was getting replacements i'd go for the AW IMR's.

3 strands, 5 turns and it's vaping beautifully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

3 strands, 5 turns and it's vaping beautifully

I think the set of the air hole to the coil makes a big difference, it needs to be in line with the coil, not blocked by the posts or to high up that the air isn't drawing across the heated vapor.
    I have the Vaperhut clone and had to get another O ring to get it to sit right every time without leaks.

Theoretically can i use a needle tip bottle and drip tip on my kanger? eg just drip through the mouthpiece and directly through the hole onto the wick and wire inside it?

Theoretically can i use a needle tip bottle and drip tip on my kanger? eg just drip through the mouthpiece and directly through the hole onto the wick and wire inside it?

Theoretically, but you'll get juice dripping down to the battery connection. If you're super careful with wetting the wick, you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Elbow wrote: »
    I was getting replacements i'd go for the AW IMR's.

Any recommendations of where to order them from ?
    the few places i looked list them as out of stock/discontinued

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Any recommendations of where to order them from ?
    the few places i looked list them as out of stock/discontinued

Give Paul at ESI a shout, he's got AW 14500 batteries in specially for me before, he might be able to add a few AW 26500's to his next order if you ask nicley :p

Got my metal tips for the kanger and they are awesome!

there wasnt an o-ring on them though which confused me but i pm'd the guy who sold them and he said they dont need them :)

Got my metal tips for the kanger and they are awesome!

Do tell more, where!!!! :D

the guys name is Re-Doc on reddit. he's in the process of setting up a site and has the pics of them up in the background Vaporlab.net is the site. $5 per tip and $5 shipping. $25 for 4 tips and postage. took about a week. colours are blue, red, midnight black and silver.

You can contact him through the site or through reddit.

Put some vamp vape into a kanger and started vaping in on my way to work only to get a mouthful of menthol vamp vape, looks like i didnt clean the head properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Put some vamp vape into a kanger and started vaping in on my way to work only to get a mouthful of menthol vamp vape, looks like i didnt clean the head properly :(

Yuck, maybe you didn't screw the head back on tight enough?

newmark wrote: »
    Yuck, maybe you didn't screw the head back on tight enough?

Its all good now, the menthol whatever i used the head with last has now run its course so its normal vamp vape now :)

going travelling for a bit and [assuming i don't win the provari! :rolleyes:] looking for the cheapest option of a vv mod that i can use a really high mah battery in - charge once at night and use all day - that i can use a 510-ego adaptor on. the thought of carting round loads of egos and chargers doesn't appeal. what about the vv gripper? anyone know where would be the cheapest i could find one? or second hand even?

• Advertisement

This or these are great value, but you'll need to get the batteries and charger yourself. Should last 2-3 days on a charge.

If you're willing to price upwards and want something that can take a knock, this or this. They come with batteries installed and charger included.

A few of us on the forum can vouch for that last one, but the one before it has a nifty USB charge feature if you're desperate for a couple of minutes of charge for your phone/whatever.

Advertisement