Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Double Fûcking Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

grindle wrote: »
    Jaysis, is payday soon or far away?

You'll have to get into rebuilding soon if money's that tight.

2 weeks today actually. bit hesitant about rebuildables at the moment as I'm only new. sure ill see how things pan out over the weekend and might sort something out on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

When you're putting your next order in it might be worth looking at the phoenix: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/phoenix.htm

For €13 it will give you a good introduction in to the rebuildable world

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

sept09baby wrote: »
    When you're putting your next order in it might be worth looking at the phoenix: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/phoenix.htm

For €13 it will give you a good introduction in to the rebuildable world

+1 for the Phoenix. Can be quite finnicky to rebuild but, as per Digby's advice, use a long coil and things get a little easier

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

http://www.easy-eliquid.com/easy-eliquid-10ml/

easy e liquid having another weekend sale, while stocks last

10ml juice for 1.99

from what I remember it's dekang stuff.. i think the koko juices are hangsen

Code SSEE0412 for 10% off. Are these juices pure PG? Isn't that supposed to affect your skin or something?

EDIT also saw these codes but haven't tried them -
    couponcode: buy10 gives 10% discount when you buy at least 10 bottles

couponcode: buy20 gives 20% discount when you buy at least 20 bottles

• Advertisement

Isn't that supposed to affect your skin or something?
    If you're allergic/intolerant to it.

Some vape pure PG 'cos they're allergic/intolerant to VG and they seem to get on grand.

There just seems to be a higher incidence rate for PG allergies/intolerance, especially in people with eczema.
    Because of the method of intake, it might be the first time someone finds out they can suffer from eczema.

5% of population suffers from eczema, 2% of that number are sensitive to PG, but that number likely means PG in lotions/soaps/whatever.
    Vaping's gonna bring a lot more out of the woodworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Thanks for the explanation. Had a nice shopping basket made up but don't think I'll risk it. Only get excema when I'm VERY stressed and it's not fun. Does leave skin flakes all over the people who have stressed me outs' house though so that's a bonus and a lesson in karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

grindle wrote: »
    5% of population suffers from eczema, 2% of that number are sensitive to PG.
    From memory, the brief research I did at the time indicated that 3% of the general population are allergic to PG.

My allergy to PG manifested as pain in throat (when swallowing) with no inflammation visible, and a couple of major hives on my head. I've used 100% VG base since.

Not your ornery onager

pulled apart the kanger head earlier and found the problem,

imag0134dp.jpg

guess i'll have to sort a few things out and order some new heads.

anyone have an idea of how this could hapen on heads that are max 1 week old?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the coil/wick at the bottom?

that's pretty normal looking tbh

it might be a bit gunked up so a dry burn could help it but other than gunked up coils.. that looks about what you'd expect a coil to look like after a week

depends what you're using too, juice wise. mine look worse than that after a day or two vaping el toro juices

• Advertisement

Heat. Sugary juice.

That'd be a typical head for me every 3-5 days.
    Every 1-2 days with this Virginia feckin' Prime.

You just need to take that wick out, burn it clean (or replace that wick completely with a rolled up 2mm sliver off the top of a make-up pad), light that coil up a few times, brushing it lightly to get the gunk off, slip the wick in, put it back the way it came out, and you've rebuilt it.

really??

i'll give it a dry burn and see if the burnt taste disappears.

Thanks.

right so, i've broken 1 head as i couldnt get the tiny fiddly wires back through the hole in the head and the wick was falling apart. this is why i reckon i'm not ready yet for rebuilding.

anyway, with a dry burn its just screw it to the battery and press the button to heat the coil with no juice yeah? how long would someone theoretically do that for?

Until you see the beginnings of a red coil, stop for a couple of seconds to let it cool.

Do that three times.

If you can't burn the wick until it's clean, there'll still be a bit of a gank taste from it.

Maybe wash under a tap, then flash a lighter over it? That'd dry the wick as well as dry burn the coil.

Unless there's plastic nearby. If there is, leave the lighter out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well with a proper rebuildable you can leave loads of wire on the legs of the coil, makes it a **** ton easier to get them through the holes.. with legs as small as the ones in your pic it'd be pretty hard

you dont want to do it for too long.. you really just want to pulse it red for a second or two, let it go off for a second or two, pulse it red for a second or two, let it off.. etc etc

you should see after not too many goes of this that the wick under the coil has gone whiter and if you blow on the coils (or brush gently) in between pulsing them red you should get most of the gunk off. with most juices you wouldnt even have to blow/brush, its just some juices that leave lots of deposit on the coil.. I think it's to do with the flavouring in the juice as iirc the pg/vg is meant to just evaporate altogether.

gave it a few dry burns and i saw the glow of the coil in side so i'll give it a shot and see if its improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

gave it a few dry burns and i saw the glow of the coil in side so i'll give it a shot and see if its improved.

When your filling for the first time always put a couple of drops of eliquid directly onto the coil as well, just to give it a head start as such until the juice gets a chance to wick through to the coil. If it burns at the start the taste can be hard to get rid of.

thanks for that yesterday lads, dry burned the kanger and then soaked it in vodka for a few hours last night. dried it out and I'm vaping away on it fine today :) have ordered replacement heads from esmoke too as I couldn't repair the one I took apart, just glad I bought 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulDr

Is there an actual noobs forum on here? i signed up to boards just to find out more and i don't know where to start.

Nah, just post your own thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

paulDr wrote: »
    Is there an actual noobs forum on here? i signed up to boards just to find out more and i don't know where to start.
    Now you've popped your cherry (after 5 years :eek: :)) just fire ahead. Use the drop-downs at the top to find a forum you are interested in, and fire away. You can use the Search function to find existing threads on something you are interested in. Just don't resurrect ancient threads along the way.

Welcome to Boards, btw.

Not your ornery onager

anyone know if its possible to buy O rings for the ego battery? had to pull my post last night and i caught the edge of the oring underneath the battery terminal. it popped off over the terminal and it looked a bit frayed and the worse for wear. popped it back on anyway and am hoping for the best that it doesnt fall apart and get leaked on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

anyone know if its possible to buy O rings for the ego battery? had to pull my post last night and i caught the edge of the oring underneath the battery terminal. it popped off over the terminal and it looked a bit frayed and the worse for wear. popped it back on anyway and am hoping for the best that it doesnt fall apart and get leaked on :pac:

I bought a box of o-rings in B&Q a while back for a few Euro. Handy things to have for tanks, drip tips, etc.

Cant remember who else here said they vape the vanilla custard. i think from esmoke, so its wingnuts premium. Anyway whoever you are have you noticed does it start to turn a darker colour after a while? or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Most e-liquids will darken naturally with time, so its nothing to worry about. They can also darken even more inside clearomisers as I think the heat generated from the coils speeds up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Cant remember who else here said they vape the vanilla custard. i think from esmoke, so its wingnuts premium. Anyway whoever you are have you noticed does it start to turn a darker colour after a while? or is that just me?
    I have mine for over two weeks now and it's still same colour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

He's on about it changing color while in a tank/clearo/whatever..

Yeah juices change color with the heat in a clearo man, nothing to worry about.

i was actually talking about it in the bottle, but good to know it can change over time in a tank or carto.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

http://www.avidvaper.com/joye-ego-t-18650-mod/

So,has anyone purchased or used one?...seems like a step in the right direction?

Or this...
    http://electronic-smoke.de/Batteries-Mods/EVO-LCD-VV::448.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If there's one thing more frustrating than an atomizer dying for no reason, it's your emergency carto that's jut been filled with juice and firing perfectly not having a god damn air hole drilled in it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPTlXgvPGxrbBycUg9g3zRi4kdzWwPKZYc-roQ3CIxyGCiU_RZ

Advertisement