Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah that happens

it's far more noticeable if it's an unregulated battery., they start off at 4.2v and as you use the drop off all the way down to 3.2 or below.. not sure exactly

regulated batteries give a constant voltage the entire weay through until just before the end, where they do drop off for a while before finally dying
    it's best not to let them reach that stage. not dangerous or anything but the battery will livfe longer if it isn't fully depleted/charged constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yep; I now recognise the start of the fall-off and swap them over - lithium batteries work best if they're only 80% discharged, for a longer life. Preferably they shouldn't be charged up totally full either, but that's harder to regulate with the e-fag chargers.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Quick one, I have dropped a couple of mails to bargain vapour this week about a nice product but had no reply yet, are they around at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

just noticed that irishvapers have stopped doing the Halo range. i dont mind as i dont use them but if anyone else here does you'll have to go elsewhere now.

and now only €2 for a 5ml bottle from their white label range??!?!?!?!??! madness i tells ya!

tis very small though so i'd only get them to taste.

thevapourstore.ie have them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

So irish vapers are now charging €2 for 5ml or €4.50 for 10ml :confused:

Either they have a shedload of sample bottles that they need to get rid of or someone has get their math's wrong

put some Oisin into my kanger and it tastes all burnt and stuff. no idea why as i've changed nothing and the wicks are soaked in the stuff. My Lugh is fine though and the only difference is the flavour. PG and VG are the same %'s.

weird as ****. might order a new wick and see whats happening.

unless for some reason its burning too high in the kanger with the same battery as what i used on the cartridges and they were fine. is that possible?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

the atomizer you were using with your Ego Tanks might have been standard resistance...the kanger atomizer might be low resistance.

eeloe wrote: »
    the atomizer you were using with your Ego Tanks might have been standard resistance...the kanger atomizer might be low resistance.

i think thats the case, kanger is 2.4-2.6 and the atomizers i was using were 2.2. oh well.

ruined my favourite juice for me now :(

Well if the kanger are a higher resistance, they will be a cooler vape, so they won't run as hot, and won't burn...strange one!

• Advertisement

very strange one. i'm going to go home later and clean and dry the whole rig and see if it keeps happening. if it does i'll order a replacement wick and check again and see if its the same.

just thinking about it, if i buy a length of wick could i replace the wick in the kanger myself instead of going out and getting a new one?

come to think of it i'd probably need to replace it as the atomizer would need replacing every now and then.

I've never acually used a Kanger...but i guess you could re-wick it...

after leaving the kanger soaking for a while in the juice i went back to it and there was no burnt flavour. i'll continue vaping it and see if its something that happens over time or what.

I'm immensely confused Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

after leaving the kanger soaking for a while in the juice i went back to it and there was no burnt flavour. i'll continue vaping it and see if its something that happens over time or what.

I'm immensely confused Ted

If it happened at the start of setting it up it may just be that the juice hadn't got to the coil when you started vaping it. Its always a good idea with any type of atomiser or clearomiser to drop a couple of drops of juice onto the coil to give it a head start until the juice catches up through the wicking system :)

Edit: Just thought of something else as well, some juices will suit different types of atty heads better than others as the consistency of them are effected by the vg/pg ratio and general thickness of the juice.

the only difference was that i used a mini ego battery. probably a 300 or 350 mah but i dont think that makes a difference.

Newmark its a possibility. its been soaking since the first post above at least so i'll give it a shot and see if the burning comes back.

http://www.purevapour.com/

dunno if this was linked here yet, but it's a new irish site.. pinkvaper's from vapefest/youtube

here's another weird one for yiz, using the clearomizer from yesterday that worked fine i put a new battery onto it and i'm getting a completly different taste from the juice. almost like a burnt taste but not quite. definitly not the taste of the juice which is supposed to be minty.

i've no idea whats going on at all :confused:

So i checked nad found that the juice is an oriental tobacco with mint, yet i'm getting a taste of the smell of that church incense :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Some eGo batteries are regulated and give a pretty constant 3.3v. Others aren't and give up to 4.2 volts when they're fully charged. So if you put on a fully charged one you could be getting a higher voltage than before.

http://www.easy-eliquid.com/easy-eliquid-10ml/

easy e liquid having another weekend sale, while stocks last

10ml juice for 1.99

from what I remember it's dekang stuff.. i think the koko juices are hangsen

• Advertisement

So i have 2 strawberry juices, a 12mg and a 24 mg. i'm smoking the 12mg and my jaw is killing from sucking away on the bloody thing :(

anyway if i mixed them together would i get a 36mg juice or would i get an inbetween of the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

18mg.

grindle wrote: »
    18mg.

was thinking that but decided i'd ask here first :D

I dunno where i saw it, but i think it was ECF, but apparently 12+24 divided by 2 isn't actually 18....if the two juices were from different manufacturers, the nicotine could be based differently...granted the end result would be higher than 12, and should be lower than 24, but there's no real way of knowing.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Some eGo batteries are regulated and give a pretty constant 3.3v. Others aren't and give up to 4.2 volts when they're fully charged. So if you put on a fully charged one you could be getting a higher voltage than before.

I reckon this is the problem, was vapin away and then the battery died so i stuck on a fully charged on and the burning is back :( if this is the case i think i'll have to go back to cartridges

eeloe wrote: »
    I dunno where i saw it, but i think it was ECF, but apparently 12+24 divided by 2 isn't actually 18....if the two juices were from different manufacturers, the nicotine could be based differently...granted the end result would be higher than 12, and should be lower than 24, but there's no real way of knowing.
    I'd love to read that.

The idea that (12+24)÷2≠18 boggles my mind.
    I reckon this is the problem, was vapin away and then the battery died so i stuck on a fully charged on and the burning is back :( if this is the case i think i'll have to go back to cartridges

Using Kanger T2?

Get a higher ohm head?

Using Kanger T2?

Get a higher ohm head?

yeah, kanger t2's

cant afford anything new at the moment so standard 650mah is all i've got.

yeah, kanger t2's

cant afford anything new at the moment so standard 650mah is all i've got.

Not even a 2 euro replacement Kanger head?

If you mail the Kanger to me, I'll rebuild it to a higher resistance for you if you want.

Not even a 2 euro replacement Kanger head?

If you mail the Kanger to me, I'll rebuild it to a higher resistance for you if you want.

yeah, cant afford to spend any money on anything unless its essential, and as i have cartridges and atomizers lying around i can use them until payday.

• Advertisement

Jaysis, is payday soon or far away?

You'll have to get into rebuilding soon if money's that tight.

Advertisement