Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options
  • 18-10-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Just heard that the original line-up of the Stone Roses are reuniting for new material & world tour! So far only announced two gigs in Manchester, June 29th & 30th. Here's hoping for a Dublin gig (not Oxegen please god).

Not sure what to expect- I saw them way back in 1990 in Glasgow at their peak & it was a totally amazing gig :D.

Edit: oops, have only now seen this thread, sorry: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056421387

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Is Reni joining the line up?

It'll be all about Squire and Mani. Brown will be doing his usual bum note extravaganza.

Cant bloody wait if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Yep Its true alright I just heard on the radio. tickets for a gigs in the UK go on sale Friday and a world tour after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yes, reni is involved.

they said at the press conference that after Manchester "Ireland is most important", so can pretty much guarantee a gig here, it's likely already been agreed, if not signed.

the Heaton Park dates are 2 weeks before oxegen, and there's already talk that they've been lined up for TITP, so looks like a trip to Punchestown :mad:

they didn't say it, but they'll be playing V Festival too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dear god please NOT Oxegen, but it looks likely unfortunately.

If so I'll be heading to Manchester, less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Oh no not Oxegen, trip to Manchester would certainly be easier than trying to go there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 avon barksdale

Surely to God they wont play that knacker-fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

They are playing Reading and Leeds too, maybe they will be the annual Reading and Leeds headliner that Oxegen gets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They are playing Reading and Leeds too, maybe they will be the annual Reading and Leeds headliner that Oxegen gets

Doubt Reading would be done if they do V festival. Oxegen does appear likely...look at RATM and Blur.

Crosses fingers for the picnic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hope they play Oxegen because im hoping to head to Sonisphere next year and i will no im not missing anyone good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Please stay away from Poxegen! A few O2 dates would be class, or the Electric Picnic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im dreading them being announced for Oxegen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

money tour so that counts out small venues like ep or o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Not Slane and I'm happy in my nappy!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Not Slane and I'm happy in my nappy!

Id rather Slane instead of Oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Melion wrote: »
    Id rather Slane instead of Oxegen

I'll be at Oxegen and EP either way so I'd love it if they were at one of them, highly doubt EP, though.

I'd go to Slane if they were there, but it wouldn't be a first preference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Whats that place in Manchester like? Anyone been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'll be at Oxegen and EP either way so I'd love it if they were at one of them, highly doubt EP, though.

I'd go to Slane if they were there, but it wouldn't be a first preference!

Really? I'd have thought it'd suit them.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Whats that place in Manchester like? Anyone been there?

A big park AFAIK, Im imagining something like Marlay Park. Oasis played there in 2009. 70'000 capacity

Oasis played there in 2009. 70'000 capacity

The generator cut the sound out twice at that gig and everyone got a refund on their ticket.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    The generator cut the sound out twice at that gig and everyone got a refund on their ticket.

They did finish the show though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Anyone know how many this Heaton park place will hold?

Anyone know how many this Heaton park place will hold?

70'000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anyone thinking about getting tickets to the gigs in Manchester?

Id say the website will get a hammering on Friday morning, any advice on getting tickets for it?

Ive asked a few times here tonight but havent got a reply. Will a ticketmaster outlet be selling them here on Friday morning?

Ive asked a few times here tonight but havent got a reply. Will a ticketmaster outlet be selling them here on Friday morning?

They're not even listing on ticketmaster.co.uk yet, if you can find the listing on ticketmaster.ie when it does go on co.uk then im pretty you can buy them in Irish outlets too. Obviously you'd be best off verify this with TM before Friday morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Rezident

Battleflag wrote: »
    Anyone thinking about getting tickets to the gigs in Manchester?

Id say the website will get a hammering on Friday morning, any advice on getting tickets for it?

Yes, definitely worth a shot. Could be absolutely epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really hope I will get tickets for this.

I might try and get them using the browser on my mobile. When I was trying to get Glastonbury tickets last year my internet sessions where hanging on my pc for ages. I logged onto the site using my mobile and got through to get my tickets first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Im dreading them being announced for Oxegen :(

I don't see why everyone sees it as being such a big deal if the Stone Roses are announced for Oxegen, surely it would be better than someone like the BEP or Beyonce.

Personally I believe they will play Oxegen due to the rate of reforming bands who end up playing, Blink 182 are another example despite their pulling out. Good points made too about Blur and RATM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement