Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

The problem is that people will have to go to that awful festival if they want to see them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With two massive shows already confirmed for Manchester's Heaton Park in June 2012, the Daily Record has revealed that The Stone Roses may also play an outdoor Summer show In Scotland
    There are rumours that Rockness might be their scottish gig

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

Stone Roses set to pocket 8 million just from their 2 Manchester shows, but have they bast it or will they be back to their usual self?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

ap1986 wrote: »
    Stone Roses set to pocket 8 million just from their 2 Manchester shows, but have they bast it or will they be back to their usual self?

hopefully older and wiser:o:o

indiewindy wrote: »
    hopefully older and wiser:o:o

although Ian was savage on his own so I have no worries

• Advertisement

ha now that westlife have split up it opens the door for the stone roses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

karaokeman wrote: »
    I don't see why everyone sees it as being such a big deal if the Stone Roses are announced for Oxegen, surely it would be better than someone like the BEP or Beyonce.

Personally I believe they will play Oxegen due to the rate of reforming bands who end up playing, Blink 182 are another example despite their pulling out. Good points made too about Blur and RATM.

I dont want to have to go to Oxegen to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Dunno what you are all talking about, The Roses are a classically working class band, Oxegen is perfect for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

CiaranC wrote: »
    Dunno what you are all talking about, The Roses are a classically working class band, Oxegen is perfect for them

The Oxegen crowd would really make me think twice about wanting to see them. Which says a lot considering they are my favourite band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I think I read somewhere before that Ian would only reunite the band if all the proceeds went to charity. I wonder does that still stand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I'll probably donate a £100 to that show, poor chaps need the money....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Todays indo said it would unlikely be Oxegen, thank God. More than likely a stand alone event. I would like the Aviva.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Todays indo said it would unlikely be Oxegen, thank God. More than likely a stand alone event. I would like the Aviva.

B ollocks to that, an indoor gig! Few nights at the O2.:)

I'll probably donate a £100 to that show, poor chaps need the money....:)

I really do think it'll be worth it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,932 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ok heard of them but what are there big hits.

I like that one song that was in green street (I Wanna be adored)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ok heard of them but what are there big hits.

I like that one song that was in green street (I Wanna be adored)

Waterfall was also in that film. Great tune.

When they do play it will be outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Ticket profile is listed on both TM.ie & TM.co.uk now priced at £59.95.

Im thinking a trip to manchester next June to catch their first gig in like 16 years in on the cards.......
    Whos with me............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

karaokeman wrote: »
    I don't see why everyone sees it as being such a big deal if the Stone Roses are announced for Oxegen, surely it would be better than someone like the BEP or Beyonce.
    because oxegen is a dump full of pissed up children who know **** all about music beyond BEP or Beyonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

foolelle wrote: »
    Ticket profile is listed on both TM.ie & TM.co.uk now priced at £59.95.

Im thinking a trip to manchester next June to catch their first gig in like 16 years in on the cards.......
    Whos with me............

Do you think ticketmaster will provide fastticket option for this show? Hate waiting for tickets to arrive in the post:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Well, I doubt anyone knows where they'll play at this early stage - even the Indo.

Really hard to rule out Oxegen, looking at past bookings of Blur, The Cure, Bowie etc. It seems that tour managers can look at Ireland and say "well, what's the biggest one? ...we'll do that".

And if we're hoping for a noble choice on the part of the Stone Roses, to opt for the "right" gig (EP or O2), rather than one that pays more (Oxegen), we all know the answer to that, unfortunately.

Even just looking at this year's Oxegen, the tragedy that was Primal Scream and The National playing to handfuls of people with no real atmosphere was a crying shame. Both bands would have been a storming success at EP. No one gave a sh*t about them at Oxegen.

Pretty funny to see such irony in comments above like; how dare Stone Roses play at such a nacker fest.
    That's like saying; how dare that symphony orchestra play in the National Conert Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

because oxegen is a dump full of pissed up children who know **** all about music beyond BEP or Beyonce.

Come on now. Don't put the entire Oxegen crowd into the same category!! I'll admit there is a section as you have described but there is also good, honest music fans who attend the festival, not for the drinking and messing but for the great music which is available.

I've been going down to Punchestown since it was Witness and I go solely for the music. This year I went to see Weezer,MCR, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Artic Monkeys, Two Door Cinema Club, Imelda May, Slash, Manic Street Preachers, Jimmy Eat World etc etc etc. The list goes on..

I went to see The Strokes and Swedish House Mafia instead of going to The Script and BEP and I went to The National instead of Beyonce so don't put everyone who attends Oxegen into the one category.

I would much prefer to see these bands at EP but in all fairness Oxegen provides an amazing line-up, year in, year out for all music fans and that must be acknowledged!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Do you know who The Roses played to when they were originally together? The pilled up working class, rough as ****, thats who. Most of you would have **** yourselves at the Empress. The Roses are not a stadium band, calls for the Aviva are laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They started at the same point most bands did, 20 years or whatever have passed since then and they're now playing to 140k people on a weekend next June.
    Where would you have them play, McGonagles, Dandelion Market or perhaps the SFX?

Best case scenario is The o2 or Marley or Malahide, worst case scenario is Oxegen or Slane, either way at this point for them it'll be big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Do you know who The Roses played to when they were originally together? The pilled up working class, rough as ****, thats who. Most of you would have **** yourselves at the Empress. The Roses are not a stadium band, calls for the Aviva are laughable.

People aren't working class enough for your liking are they? Do you actually think the promoters are going to think.... "is this venue populated by the right class of audience member for our band?"

:rolleyes:

They're playing to 75,000 people per night next summer. That's a stadium sized audience - nothing wrong with someone suggesting they could play the Aviva even though I doubt they will be.

From Slane Castle FB
    Hi Guys, I will let Lord Henry know about your reccommendation- The Stone Roses !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

it has to be slane it makes perfect sense them and some top support be a serious gig be like oasis all over again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Kill the poor, that's what I say.

Cop the hell on and please learn what the term "working class" means before you embarrass yourself any farther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

£8.25m will be "generated" from ticket sales, I'm sure the music industry cartel will eat a huge chunk of that figure. Promoters and Producers do not work for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The band will probably still get 1 million per show. Massive!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement