Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

I must have been at a different FIB. Was brilliant this year with great sets by Portishead, Primal Scream, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Bombay Bicycle Club and Friendly Fires amongst others..

Missed the sunday but otherwise totally agree!

Primal scream were unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

I might pick up an early bird ticket just incase!

FIB tickets are £125 early bird, so a decent saving on the general release price, and will be gold dust IF the Roses play

netnerd wrote: »
    FIB tickets are £125 early bird, so a decent saving on the general release price, and will be gold dust IF the Roses play

And easily sold at the early bird price if they don't :)

Roses confirmed to play at FIB!!

netnerd wrote: »
    Roses confirmed to play at FIB!!

Just came to post that :pac:

• Advertisement

...as well as T in the Park.

But give me Beni over Balado Park any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Stones Roses will headline Dublin's Phoenix Park, Thursday 5th of July

Tickets on sale on Tuesday December 20th at 8am

nm wrote: »

I would almost take that as confirmation that there will be no oxegen this year.

So glad it's not Slane!

*books the friday off work*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

nm wrote: »

When do people reckon this will sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I would almost take that as confirmation that there will be no oxegen this year.

So glad it's not Slane!

*books the friday off work*

Why wouldn't there be Oxegen? I'd imagine this is just a stand alone gig and thank the lord for that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

typical mcd 66 euro 5 days before xmas

how many can afford this?? i certainly cant :(

i hope its d racecourse and 80k ppl kinda like slane

s_carnage wrote: »
    Why wouldn't there be Oxegen? I'd imagine this is just a stand alone gig and thank the lord for that!!!

Oh it's just me surmising!!

This gig is the day before oxegen should start, but it hasn't been annouced which is very unusual at this stage of the year. That and the fact that there were rumours about the phoenix park being the new venue. I'm just drawing my own unfounded conclusion :D

I also think it'll be a stand alone gig, didn't mean to imply I thought it would be a mini oxegen....

Yeah 71.60. Better not sell out til after x-mas!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

with regard to the phoenix park does anyone have any idea what the capacity for this is? I know the chillis/pixies played a few years back. just trying to gauge how fast poeple think the gig will sell on Tuesday.

edit - (03) for Robbie Williams (cap. 145000 ) and (04) The Red Hot Chili Peppers (129000) i should use google before posting to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

with regard to the phoenix park does anyone have any idea what the capacity for this is? I know the chillis/pixies played a few years back. just trying to gauge how fast poeple think the gig will sell on Tuesday.

edit - (03) for Robbie Williams (cap. 145000 ) and (04) The Red Hot Chili Peppers (129000) i should use google before posting to boards.

I'd be surprised if it sells out especially this side of Christmas. I think it's a great venue. Plenty of room, no hour long q for the bar, stroll into town after. Plenty of accomodation and easy transport links for people coming from the country. Ok so it doesn't have a castle and river. I can live with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The timing of this announcement, coupled with the ticket sales date, is just poxy. 1 week before Christmas, seriously??

Nice one MCD. :rolleyes:

Ok so it doesn't have a castle and river. I can live with that.

yes but it does have the papal cross for I am the resurrection!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Really think that the Phoenix Park is a crap venue - I went to the Chilli Peppers/Pixies there a good few years ago.
    Really crap acoustics and awful layout for toilets and food.

What are the chances of them playing any smaller venues - slim I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd be surprised if it sells out especially this side of Christmas. I think it's a great venue. Plenty of room, no hour long q for the bar, stroll into town after. Plenty of accomodation and easy transport links for people coming from the country. Ok so it doesn't have a castle and river. I can live with that.

I thought it was a terrible venue. I was at the RHCP's there a few years ago (only went to see the Pixies) and thought the setup was terrible. Way too many people for a venue that doesn't have a natural gradient like Slane. Queues for the bars were ridiculous. Sound was terrible, and out of sync with the screens. I wouldn't be rushing back to it for sure.

And sure anyway, this is all assuming that the Roses will still be together by then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Where are you getting those figures from ? I was at that Chili Peppers gig, I didnt think there was as many as that at it, I thought it was around 90 to 100 thousand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

This is gonna be massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Probably not going to rush into buying tickets for this.

Remember the Stone Roses said they will not be playing much of their greatest hits on the tour, so for me I will have to hear some new material first before I decide if they are worth my time.

Also I don't want to be disappointed for my first ever Phoenix Park gig so I will save it for an act I desperately want to see.

Agree that this conformation almost guarantees there will be no Oxegen. Add that to the fact Noel Gallagher and Chili's are playing in Croke Park etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Will it really sell out at all if the capacity is over 80,000?

I would consider going to this especially seeing it's NOT at Slane now.

i think considering they sold 250k+ out in one hour i would expect it to be a close call for this considering there will probably be no oxegen 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

i think considering they sold 250k+ out in one hour i would expect it to be a close call for this considering there will probably be no oxegen 2012.

Yeah, in their home city. Although that said, they do seem to have a large fanbase over here too.

im gonna see how my finances are in January and take my chances

threein99 wrote: »
    Where are you getting those figures from ? I was at that Chili Peppers gig, I didnt think there was as many as that at it, I thought it was around 90 to 100 thousand

http://ie.linkedin.com/in/tonykilleeneventmanagement

disclaimer may (not) be accurate

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Yeah, in their home city. Although that said, they do seem to have a large fanbase over here too.

yep there are plenty of 40 somethings growing their hair back as we speak!! :)

I wouldnt underestimate the pulling power of the roses and if coupled with a good support lineup it could be a smasher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Could be right, I just seen on a site announcing the Croke Park gig that the Chilis Phoenix park gig was a record Irish attendance at 110,000. It was pretty crap though so I dont think I will bother with the Stone Roses there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement