Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Who will support?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

karaokeman wrote: »
    Remember the Stone Roses said they will not be playing much of their greatest hits on the tour, so for me I will have to hear some new material first before I decide if they are worth my time.
    There'll be war if they don't play a large chunk of their classics. Plus, they only have 2 albums, with running times of 49mins & 60mins each. I'd imagine they'll be playing for at least 2 hours so they'd want to have an awful lot of new stuff if they're not going to play their greatest hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

its an awful place for a gig, no slope up to the stage, sound is awful unless you are right at the front and video and audio seriously out of synch.

On the plus side, it is July so hopefully weather will be kind, its in dublin so its accesible unlike slane and if you take friday off work its a long weekend

Gonna be my second time seeing Mani live in about seven months. I love that guy:D

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Gonna be my second time seeing Mani live in about seven months. I love that guy:D

oxegen? cracking gig considering everyone went to see coldplay. are you heading to the O2 on the 29th?

• Advertisement

oxegen? crasking gig considering everyone went to see coldplay. are you heading to the O2 on the 29th?

Nah lad wasn't at Oxegen, am heading to the O2 gig though. It's gonna be something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Remember the Stone Roses said they will not be playing much of their greatest hits on the tour

They didn't say that. Link please?

Can't fathom why Noel wasn't book as support for this, would have been beyond perfect. I suppose the powers that be think the roses will sell it out on their own name and the chilis needed the help.

Im presuming the Manchester gigs will get a killer full line up so hopefully they bring the whole lot over here, only 4 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nah lad wasn't at Oxegen, am heading to the O2 gig though. It's gonna be something else!

you know mani won't be at that right?

darryn wrote: »

As has been explained a thousand times, he will. Look it up.

nm wrote: »
    They didn't say that. Link please?

Can't fathom why Noel wasn't book as support for this, would have been beyond perfect. I suppose the powers that be think the roses will sell it out on their own name and the chilis needed the help.

Im presuming the Manchester gigs will get a killer full line up so hopefully they bring the whole lot over here, only 4 days later.

I presume they will?

• Advertisement

Wrong. Check screamofficial twitter. Last 3 gigs are Dublin Glasgow and Edinburgh for Mani.

As has been explained a thousand times, he will. Look it up.

Can you show me where it says that?? I can't find it, that would be awesome, but the wiki pages all say he won't be performing with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Versaci76

Right, 1st up I want to know how people who aren't even that interested in The Stone Roses are in a thread commenting on them?? 2nd, this gig will sell out on the day and if you don't understand why, then I'm not going to explain it to you! 3rd, a band with only 2 albums will always play the classics, especially when the classics are off what is widely considered to the greatest debut album of all time, the greatest British album in 30 years and an album that created a movement and changed peoples lives! The set list will be roughly 7 tunes from the debut, maybe 3 from the Second Coming and 4 or 5 b-sides - that gives them the latitude to play maybe half a new album. 4th, I'm not happy about the venue but it is what it is - it will go down in legend whether the sound is good or not (The Irish Spike Island) but we'll have to suffer all the bandwagon jumpers and people that know **** all about music because it's an event!

Versaci76 wrote: »
    Right, 1st up I want to know how people who aren't even that interested in The Stone Roses are in a thread commenting on them?? 2nd, this gig will sell out on the day and if you don't understand why, then I'm not going to explain it to you! 3rd, a band with only 2 albums will always play the classics, especially when the classics are off what is widely considered to the greatest debut album of all time, the greatest British album in 30 years and an album that created a movement and changed peoples lives! The set list will be roughly 7 tunes from the debut, maybe 3 from the Second Coming and 4 or 5 b-sides - that gives them the latitude to play maybe half a new album. 4th, I'm not happy about the venue but it is what it is - it will go down in legend whether the sound is good or not (The Irish Spike Island) but we'll have to suffer all the bandwagon jumpers and people that know **** all about music because it's an event!

I like that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Never been to a concert in the Phoenix Park, although by the reports on here, it's not a great venue?

Wrong. Check screamofficial twitter. Last 3 gigs are Dublin Glasgow and Edinburgh for Mani.

ahh got the dates wrong, cheers I well happy now :)

Me too pal:)you heading to the Scream at the O2?

Me too pal:)you heading to the Scream at the O2?

yea I am it's going to be brill missed them at oxegen, and with stone roses in the summer, best Friday ever

Can you show me where it says that?? I can't find it, that would be awesome, but the wiki pages all say he won't be performing with them

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/News/Mani-plays-last-Primal-Scream-gigs-before-The-Stone-Roses-reunion/_A-2181

His last show with Primal Scream "for the foreseeable future" will be during Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations on New Year's Eve, the bassist wrote on a fan forum.

"I have to finish my first dream off properly, good or bad," he stated. "It wouldn't be fair for me to try and do both things either, each band command 100 per cent respect and attention."

http://www.facebook.com/primalscreamofficial/posts/10150504599138018

To answer a lot of questions, Mani will be with us for our last shows of the year: San Sebastian (5th Nov), Brixton Electric (Levis/Clash Magazine show, 10th Nov) O2 Dublin (29th Dec) and Edinburgh's Hogmanay. Good luck to our brothers in the Stone Roses and we'll carry on screaming. x

no worries, it promises to be a cracking way to end 2011. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

no worries, it promises to be a cracking way to end 2011. ;)

Probably a stupid (and off topic) question - but do they play the Screamadelica album in the 'right' order?

I'm really looking forward to this gig - saw them at Feile in 92.

Was talking to a friend the other week
    Me: "Hard to believe that's nearly 10 years ago"
    Him: "Err, actually it's nearly 20 years"
    Me: "Good Christ!"

oxegen setlist (from what i can remember of the day)

1.Movin' On Up
    2.Slip Inside This House
    (13th Floor Elevators cover)
    3.Don't Fight It, Feel It
    4.Damaged
    5.I'm Comin' Down
    6.Higher Than The Sun
    7.Loaded
    8.Come Together
    Encore:
    9.Country Girl
    10.Jailbird
    11.Rocks

and here is a little taster from brixton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMe8kX_qlE

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

Why are they playing on a thursday. What time would the concert be at? I imagine i will be using most of my holidays for the euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Ridiculous it's on a Thursday night. Can't see the reasoning for that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

with regard to the phoenix park does anyone have any idea what the capacity for this is? I know the chillis/pixies played a few years back. just trying to gauge how fast poeple think the gig will sell on Tuesday.

edit - (03) for Robbie Williams (cap. 145000 ) and (04) The Red Hot Chili Peppers (129000) i should use google before posting to boards.

The Cold Plays played there in 09 and I think the official capacity was 40,000. I'd say that's the sort of size the gig will accommodate... unless ticket demand is very high and MCD releases extra tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Remember the Stone Roses said they will not be playing much of their greatest hits on the tour

:confused: No they didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Wonder who will be supporting them?

Noel Gallagher would have been perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Wonder who will be supporting them?

Noel Gallagher would have been perfect.

Happy Mondays perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Ridiculous it's on a Thursday night. Can't see the reasoning for that at all!

Availability of the band I'd say. If they play every gig on a Friday or Saturday they're losing out on serious money.

• Advertisement

Nation 98 wrote: »
    Happy Mondays perhaps?

inspiral carpets?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement