Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Reckon it'll sell out straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

nm wrote: »
    They didn't say that. Link please?

Apologies I may have been wrong claiming they don't intend on playing much of the classics. Sometimes I read these articles late at night so I probably misinterpreted it but here is the link;

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1018/stoneroses.html

In it Ian Brown said "It's not a trip down memory lane, we are doing new songs". But I suppose he was talking about their upcoming album, the article just appeared to be written about their plans for a new tour.
    O'Doodle wrote: »
    Wonder who will be supporting them?

Noel Gallagher would have been perfect.

Not a chance seen as how Noel is supporting RHCP. Maybe we will still get Beady Eye for support? I may consider if Liam, Gem, Andy and Chris are tipped for a warm up performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Kasabian to support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The band who released the second best album of 1989 should support - Pixies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The band who released the second best album of 1989 should support - Pixies.

that would be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Kasabian to support?

Serge has already ruled out any possibility of it Im afraid. :(

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/60772

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Nation 98 wrote: »
    Happy Mondays perhaps?

That would be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

G-Money wrote: »
    Never been to a concert in the Phoenix Park, although by the reports on here, it's not a great venue?

Worked at the Robbie Williams and Chillis gigs there. If they use the same site as those gigs it can hold up to 145,000. It is flat though. The O2 Park gigs were also held in the same location but with the stage in a slightly different place.

The other gigs there, when The Point was closed, were in a big tent. The Coldplay gig was in roughly the same location as the tent gigs.
    its an awful place for a gig, no slope up to the stage, sound is awful unless you are right at the front and video and audio seriously out of synch.

Sound depends on the band and their production company. On a site that large, you'll never get video and audio perfectly synched - especially as you move back through the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    That would be amazing!

there are talks about a reunion

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2011/happy-mondays-reunion-talks-underway

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

baz2009 wrote: »

YES. Definitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

baz2009 wrote: »

With all the other concerts they're doing I doubt it. Should be easy enough to get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

With all the other concerts they're doing I doubt it. Should be easy enough to get tickets.

You're going to have a lot of UK buyers as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say it will sell very well . The thing is you dont know what capacity they are gonna use will it be 40,000 or 80,000 or higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Id say it will sell very well . The thing is you dont know what capacity they are gonna use will it be 40,000 or 80,000 or higher.

You can be pretty sure, if they can sell 80,000 tickets, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Still going to make the trip to Manchester, think it would be awesome to see them coming back on stage for the first time together in there homeland! epicness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Cannot wait \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Me and the BF wanted to go but can't afford the tickets in Christmas week. :mad:

Bit wary too of Ian Brown saying it'll be all new stuff and not a trip down memory lane. That could be a good thing or a terrible thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

AstridBean wrote: »
    Me and the BF wanted to go but can't afford the tickets in Christmas week. :mad:

Bit wary too of Ian Brown saying it'll be all new stuff and not a trip down memory lane. That could be a good thing or a terrible thing.

They will play the classics, they know why the fans are turning up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Are you mad they will definately be playing all their classic tunes and then throwing in a few new ones.ian brown said the roses getting back together wasnt just gonna be a trip down memory lane for them as in they intend on being a proper band recording new tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

electronic wrote: »
    Are you mad they will definately be playing all their classic tunes and then throwing in a few new ones.ian brown said the roses getting back together wasnt just gonna be a trip down memory lane for them as in they intend on being a proper band recording new tunes.

Exactly, jesus how can so many people pick that up wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

so happy they got a stand alone gig oxegen wasnt the place for them (not knocking the festival been most years) but they deserve a gig full of their fans cannot wait buzzing ..... does anybody know what night they are doing t in the park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Can't persuade any of my friends to go, should I buy a ticket anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

electronic wrote: »

Don't forget it took them about 5 years to record their second album so despite talk of new songs they'll probably only have one or two new songs by July anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Don't forget it took them about 5 years to record their second album so despite talk of new songs they'll probably only have one or two new songs by July anyway :D

In fairness though, the delay was more down to a dispute with their record label.

Lads any idea of the capacity for this? Are they expecting it to sell out quickly?

Mad to go, but not a great time to be spending 70e+ on a ticket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

blue-army wrote: »
    Lads any idea of the capacity for this?

36,000 or thereabouts I think is the number I heard on Today FM a while ago.
    Are they expecting it to sell out quickly?

I'd say so. Can't imagine tickets being available for more than a few days at the most.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    36,000 or thereabouts I think is the number I heard on Today FM a while ago.

I'd say so. Can't imagine tickets being available for more than a few days at the most.
    Cheers man, guess I'll just splash out so. Don't wanna miss out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

36,000 only? Could have done the Aviva surely?

Suppose with the Park they can always increase capacity easily enough if ticket demand is high!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Best of luck to everyone at 8am!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Almost there..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement