Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stone Roses - Live in 2012

Options
  • 15-10-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Ok what do we all think about this press call for next week ...Live dates for the original line-up in 2012 , good idea or not ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Fingers crossed for full reunion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I don't think it's a good idea. The Stone Roses are one band that I wish would never reform and ruin their legacy, and there's too many bands doing that these days. As much as I'd love to see them live and have my mind blown by them, I'd rather wish for time travel to be invented so I could transport back to 1989 and see them in their original glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zero1986 wrote: »
    and there's too many bands doing that these days.

Feckin' Steps, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Mr E wrote: »
    Feckin' Steps, yeah?
    Feckin Steps and The Venga Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Is it another bluff? I would kill to see the Stone Roses live, was too young to have known who they were when they were together. Maybe past their heyday but would definitely buy a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ian Brown's vocals are terrible live these days.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

seachto7 wrote: »
    Ian Brown's vocals are terrible live these days.........

Weren't they always though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Weren't they always though?

terrible live but great on record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This is absolute bull**** just like it was last year, the year before, the year before that and so on and so forth.

Rubbish. Close thread, or else wait, then close thread.

(ill enjoy eating my hat if im wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

nm wrote: »
    This is absolute bull**** just like it was last year, the year before, the year before that and so on and so forth.

Rubbish. Close thread, or else wait, then close thread.

(ill enjoy eating my hat if im wrong)

Hope it's a small and tasteful hat.Because you are wrong.Tuesday it will be announced.The Roses are going on the road.No hint of a new record though.And Reni is in.9T is a hint rather than a denial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

As long as I get to see Reni play the drums live it's okay by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hope it's a small and tasteful hat.Because you are wrong.Tuesday it will be announced.The Roses are going on the road.No hint of a new record though.And Reni is in.9T is a hint rather than a denial.

No memory of posting that, I'll be happy to be wrong in this instance though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Brown was always a dire singer live.. :)

Was lucky enough to see them in small venues before they got big, and they were amazing (around 88/89). Seeing them in the The Hague in Liverpool still ranks as the best gig I was ever at (still have my ticket.. 2.50 entrance fee). However, I never felt their music or intensity translated well to the bigger venues.. Alexander Palace was good, but Spike Island was absolutely dire.. one of the worst gigs I was ever at.

If they reformed, they would likely play at the larger venues.. I kinda wish they leave it where it was years ago and don't reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If they reform I wouldn't go see them live. Just imagine the amount of scumbags who would off their faces more so than the usual gig. Plus Ian is a sh!te singer live and can't sing the notes he hits on record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Mmm saw them in Feile 95 and the magic was fading fast by then. Not sure if this is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Welease wrote: »

This just won't work. I sometimes wish they'd split just after releasing Fools Gold. Watching their slow and inevitable demise thereafter was sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Really dont know how i feel about this, one of the greatest bands ever but like others ave said Browns voice is shocking these days.

never got to ssee them live either but fee i would be drawn to the gig. why lads why

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Tickets will be fools gold dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

I wasn't even born when these guys were around but the last few years I have become a huge fan, even Noel Gallagher went on record saying the Spike Island gig was attrcoious. Like other posters said I get the feeling Browns voice is more suited to a small venue rather than a Slane approach stlye venues. Hearing Mani's bass live must be breathtaking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

No point to this, bunch of 50 year olds trying to cash in, would still try to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

BROWN

"We are going to rule the world again. It's happening."

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

everyone knows they're going to be rubbish if they reform, but every single gig will sell out no problem.

Great albums but I'd hate to see them come back and embarrass themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Looks like its happening, I still won't believe it til I hear it from John Squire though, he always seemed to be the one holding it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

What I really don't understand is the 'They're going to be truly awful, where can I get a ticket?' mentality. If you think it's a terrible idea, don't buy a ticket for it. Simples. Don't support such an obviously money-grabbing comeback tour. They were terrible at Feile in 1995, they'll be even worse now…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Well if the Roses don't reform I'll still be seeing Mani live with Primal Scream in December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant fúcking wait for this. I will have no problem camping out to get tickets for this(no way am i relying on the internet for this)

To the people who say Ian B is shocking live, this is a few months ago and i would have no problem listening to this for 2 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

never got to see them live the first time around was a bit too young. But I would definitely buy a ticket to see them now. not expecting them to sound as good as in their prime but would love to see them all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Have faith in The Roses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the stone roses should come back to ireland and save the debacle that is slane and ****ing rock it out in 2012.

i have to see this band :D

Advertisement