Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Stone Roses could be set to perform at next year's T In The Park, according to reports.

Rumours started to swirl that they may play a show in Scotland next summer after they announced their reunion on Tuesday (October 18) and two dates at Manchester's Heaton Park on June 29-30 in 2012.

According to The Sun, it is thought a deal could already have been signed to perform at the three-day bash which is scheduled to take place July 6-8, a week after their homecoming shows.

A source told the tabloid:
    The Stone Roses are exactly the sort of band who you'd expect to see at T. They're what the festival is all about.

I actually remember in 2008???? when someone leaked a Foo Fighters summer tour and it had them to play the RDS which turned out to be 100% fake along with the rest of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If these dates are to be believed, they are seemingly getting announced on Monday

Allegedly getting announced on Monday:

Thu 28 June Heaton Park, Manchester
    Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
    Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
    Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
    Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
    Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
    Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
    Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
    Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
    Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
    Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
    Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
    Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
    Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy
    Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy
    Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany
    Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany
    Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
    Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

(lifted from the Glastonbury forum)

Heaton Park starts on the 29th, so that already moves all the dates forward one day..
    Slane a possibility for Saturday?

LINK
    (Ken Sweeney, Irish Independent) Any plans for a date in Ireland?
    Ian: Always got plans for dates in Ireland, yeah. And then we’ll do some shows as well.
    Reni: I like to get over to Dublin and do some shows at McGonagals.
    Mani: See that Faile (festival) of ’95 was probably the second greatest show the Roses ever played, second behind Glasgow Green in my humble estimations. Magical. There were plans to put out a live album or there was some debate about that?
    Mani: Well, we put some live tracks out as a free giveaway with something.
    Reni: I don’t feel very good on that...
    Ian: After Manchester Ireland is next on our list, always. Just one last quote; apparently you said at one point you wanted to save the world from U2, do you still feel like that?
    Reni: Nonesense. U2 are wonderful.
    Ian: We’ll have another go, yeah.
    Reni: There’s nothing wrong with U2.
    Mani: I like Bono - he’s my mate, man.
    Reni: As far as I’m concerned I’ve stolen from Larry Mullen’s career for years - without Larry I wouldn’t be able to stomp and sing; it would be difficult. I owe debt to The Bhundu Boys, Larry Mullen, Stewart Copeland... They’re good players and they’re good song writers. Ian: I think they’re bobbins. You can put that on record: actually bobbins.

LINK
    “After Manchester, Ireland is always next on our list,” said singer Ian Brown, although he didn't have any detail on where the gig will be.
    However, a band source said last night the Irish gig is likely to be a one-day event, such as Slane Castle or Marlay Park, rather than a festival such as Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

The Stone Roses could be set to perform at next year's T In The Park, according to reports.

Rumours started to swirl that they may play a show in Scotland next summer after they announced their reunion on Tuesday (October 18) and two dates at Manchester's Heaton Park on June 29-30 in 2012.

According to The Sun, it is thought a deal could already have been signed to perform at the three-day bash which is scheduled to take place July 6-8, a week after their homecoming shows.

A source told the tabloid:

I actually remember in 2008???? when someone leaked a Foo Fighters summer tour and it had them to play the RDS which turned out to be 100% fake along with the rest of the tour

It's The Sun so pinch of salt needed I think. Given how fast the tickets went this morning I can't believe they'd be looking at festivals. The Roses were always about one off events anyway, Blackpool, Glasgow, Spike Island etc. Plus they'd make far more out of doing their own gigs....

Bands still get a massive amount for headliners at festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

But why play a festival when you can sell out a big arena on your own?Its a one off tour doubt they'd be looking to do festivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Yeah but are they going to add on that many ticket sales to Oxegen which will pull a decent corwd anyway. If I was MCD I'd be looking at the extra 80,000 ticket a stand alone gig could pull in....

I don't know how i am going to get a ticket.. I'll be queueing outside nearest ticketmaster at opening.

I really hope it's not Slane and MCD pairing up..

Haven't been this excited about something in a long time :D:D

All week in work, overtime, to get off today to chance my arm for a ticket.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, but i'd love to see them on their own in Punchestown.
    Would be great to make an unusual day out of it, some big bands, like Sunstroke, but with a bigger venue.

I would HATE to see them doing Oxegen or EP or anything like that. (T in park etc..)

It would be ridiculous to have them playing alongside some of the terrible bands out today, especially considering they cite one of the reasons is because the music today is so bad.

Thank God it won't be Kasabian near them, Ian Brown has stated on more the 20 occasions how much he dislikes them.

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know how i am going to get a ticket.. I'll be queueing outside nearest ticketmaster at opening.

I really hope it's not Slane and MCD pairing up..

Haven't been this excited about something in a long time :D:D

All week in work, overtime, to get off today to chance my arm for a ticket.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, but i'd love to see them on their own in Punchestown.
    Would be great to make an unusual day out of it, some big bands, like Sunstroke, but with a bigger venue.

I would HATE to see them doing Oxegen or EP or anything like that. (T in park etc..)

It would be ridiculous to have them playing alongside some of the terrible bands out today, especially considering they cite one of the reasons is because the music today is so bad.

Thank God it won't be Kasabian near them, Ian Brown has stated on more the 20 occasions how much he dislikes them.

Which means Kasabian wont be wasted on a support slot and will prob get their own gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Eh, the Botanic Gardens is Belfast is a student pub - "The Bot", afaik.

No thats the Botanic Inn the park is near it

I actually don't mind I'm Not a fan of Kasabian, but, regardless, i think if they were to play beside them, (Or any other big band for that matter), then tickets will sell out quicker, and anyone that genuinely wants to go see JUST the Stone Roses, is going to find it a lot harder. Not to mention Ticket Prices start going up when you add big bands to the line-up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Allyall wrote: »
    I actually don't mind I'm Not a fan of Kasabian, but, regardless, i think if they were to play beside them, (Or any other big band for that matter), then tickets will sell out quicker, and anyone that genuinely wants to go see JUST the Stone Roses, is going to find it a lot harder. Not to mention Ticket Prices start going up when you add big bands to the line-up..

Quicker than over 220k in 15 minutes?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Quicker than over 220k in 15 minutes?

Ehmmm.. :pac:...:o:p

Yes.. Much Quicker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just got myself a ticket for Heaton Park on the Saturday delighted would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Just got myself a ticket for Heaton Park on the Saturday delighted would be an understatement.

What a night that's going to be,Jealous!!

Deemed a “priority” by Mani, an Irish date is expected to be announced within the next fortnight – stay tuned to hotpress.com for updates.
    As with all big tour announcements, the vultures are out and preparing to scam unsuspecting music fans with no exception made for The Stone Roses reunion.

Stereoboard.com has identified a highly suspicious looking website, www.theticketwebsite.net, which has been advertising heavily on Google and targetting The Stone Roses fans this morning to part with their hard earned cash.

Springing up out of nowhere recently, www.theticketwebsite.net, registered on September 28th 2011, has only a mailbox as it's address, the same address incidently which ticketindex.net used, and a voice over IP phone line that could be answered anywhere in the world. In addition, there are no limited company details or details of who the owner, or proprietor, of the business actually is. And of course, there is no trading history or record of any happy customers.

Should you choose to buy from this website, chances are you will find yourself going around in circles trying to get an answer on where your tickets are right up to days before the gigs before realising you've been scammed. Stereoboard understands the website has absolutely no allocation of tickets from any promoter.

The website was created on the 28th of September this year and so has no trading history, with some believing it to be setup by the owners of the recently shut down Ticketindex.net scam operation - which fleeced Take That fans to the tune of £5m earlier this year - and currently suject to a police investigation. Check out the registration details below.

On Show Tickets
    Charles Devine ()
    Apartado 540
    EC Areias de st joao, Albufeira 82001998
    PT

Created: 2011-09-28

The website, www.theticketwebsite.net, isn’t the only suspected scam site in operation of course, there are many around. Other scam sites may appear over the coming days and weeks, as current sites get shut down and more ticket fraudsters take advantage of the unusual demand for big events going onsale before Xmas and taking place in 2012.

Tickets for The Stone Roses sold-out within record time this morning, Friday 21st October, however, these unscrupulous operators will attempt to take advantage of the huge demand for tickets by defrauding UK consumers.

Stereoboard advises to only buy tickets from official outlets, such as Ticketline, See Tickets, Gigantic and Ticketmaster. When tickets for a show are sold out we advise you compare and purchase tickets with the trusted and guaranteed exchange sites that we work with such as Viagogo, Seatwave and GetMeIn.

All other sites are either brokers, speculators (selling Stone Roses tickets they do not have possession of), or fraudsters. Stereoboard.com runs a black-list of scam websites to help music fans avoid being ripped off. The ticket scam black-list can be viewed at www.stereoboard.com/ticket-scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Phantom Twitter just posted this
    Stone Roses to play Slane on Friday july 13th and Botanic Gardens belfast on Saturday 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Terrible venue but I suppose the best way of getting tickets to as many as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Once again I say it, please don't do Slane! It's a disaster of a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'd be more into the Belfast gig, anyone ever been to a gig in Botanic Gardens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

It's where T Vital used to be, similar to Marlay Park I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Its not a bad venue U2 played there in 1997 didn't go to that but went to T vital in 2002 which was good

IMHO its too small for for The Stone Roses but then maybe the demand was so high be cause these gigs were in Manchester so maybe so many won't turn out for here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its not a bad venue U2 played there in 1997 didn't go to that but went to T vital in 2002 which was good

IMHO its too small for for The Stone Roses but then maybe the demand was so high be cause these gigs were in Manchester so maybe so many won't turn out for here

Tis why I think Slane is too big for them. As Furious Red said, if they do it and sell it out, I'll eat my hat.

Really hope its own show in not as big a field, but I.would suspect sn Oxegen or Slane announcement soon-ish.

EDIT: Actually I thought that was their official site, it's not. Apologies.....

tis on their website for Slane!

from thestoneroses.co.uk
    Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
    Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
    Sun 1 July Heaton Park, Manchester
    Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
    Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
    Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
    Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
    Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
    Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
    Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
    Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
    Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
    Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
    Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy
    Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy
    Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany
    Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany
    Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
    Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭RodVelvet

Those are still only rumoured dates. The official website is http://www.thestoneroses.orgNothing has been confirmed yet. It would be strange for Slane to be on a friday.

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Those are still only rumoured dates. The official website is http://www.thestoneroses.orgNothing has been confirmed yet. It would be strange for Slane to be on a friday.

Yeh I edited it when I realised the .co.uk part

It would be very strange to have it on a friday. I think that would be oxegen weekend aswell so I doubt it will be then. But I reckon it will be slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

They will be headlining the FIB festival on that saturday, so no chance of them being in Belfast.

netnerd wrote: »
    They will be headlining the FIB festival on that saturday, so no chance of them being in Belfast.

Would that not be the following weekend?

My dates are obviously all messed up! I thought Oxegen would be on that weekend and fib is usually the weekend after.

Are they really headlining fib? I wasn't go to go again this year but that might sway me!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Are they really headlining fib? I wasn't go to go again this year but that might sway me!

Again, all we can go on are rumours, but that's the "word on the street" over here, and the early bird tickets are flying off the shelves.

With no Glastonbury next year, and a poor FIB this year, it would make a lot of sense...

had a google about it there and Noel Gallagher is also in those rumours. That would be great. I might pick up an early bird ticket just incase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

netnerd wrote: »
    Again, all we can go on are rumours, but that's the "word on the street" over here, and the early bird tickets are flying off the shelves.

With no Glastonbury next year, and a poor FIB this year, it would make a lot of sense...

I must have been at a different FIB. Was brilliant this year with great sets by Portishead, Primal Scream, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Bombay Bicycle Club and Friendly Fires amongst others.

I think its very likely Stone Roses will play FIB next year. Its on the weekend of 12 to 15 July.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement