Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

.ak wrote: »
    Actually can't wait. Two noisy sets of fans, plus a lot of nuetrals who usually travel to ERC finals, will be a great day out. Plus Clermont can throw caution to the wind now, they'll play out of their skin.

I agree, I'd def go too if I was based in Dublin & had a ticket. Europe's top 2 teams without question in the final, should be a great occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Rightwing wrote: »
    I agree, I'd def go too if I was based in Dublin & had a ticket. Europe's top 2 teams without question in the final, should be a great occasion.

Leinster would beat either of them in Dublin the way they're playing right now imo

Two of the best teams in Europe though

trouttrout wrote: »
    Leinster would beat either of them in Dublin the way they're playing right now imo

Two of the best teams in Europe though

Home advantage is huge, no question about that. I'd give the 3 provinces a realistic chance of winning it in the Aviva, it's a shame no Irish team made it to the final.

Thought you reckoned Clermont were massively overrated?

Home advantage is huge, no question about that. I'd give the 3 provinces a realistic chance of winning it in the Aviva, it's a shame no Irish team made it to the final.

What I'm saying is Leinster are still the best side in Europe

• Advertisement

Thought you reckoned Clermont were massively overrated?

Yes, as in thrashing Munster by 30 odd points sort of scenario. They are the best, but they are beatable, hence I'm giving Toulon every chance of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, took them all season to get trucking, but imagine if Fitz and Reddan were fit now, and it was Leinster in the hcup, you'd imagine the way they're playing now they would've made a good game out of the final.

Yes, as in thrashing Munster by 30 odd points sort of scenario. They are the best, but they are beatable, hence I'm giving Toulon every chance of doing it.

Well before the Munster game you were talking down Clermont.

Saying that their pool results were not impressive, and that Leinster had a poor HEC by failing to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Second in their league and knocked out by the team (it shouldnt have happened in the first place) most people regard as favourites for the Heineken Cup. While Clermont topped their league and have won 60 games in a row at home. It's nothing against Leinster, but Clermont are stronger on the basis of this year.

I'd rate Clermont as the best side in Europe, with Leinster second. But still both teams capable of beating eachother at a neutral venue... But only one result in the Stade Marcel Michelin ;)

Well before the Munster game you were talking down Clermont.

Saying that their pool results were not impressive, and that Leinster had a poor HEC by failing to beat them.

Nonsense, their pool results couldn't have been anymore impressive, winning 6/6, and trounced Exeter something like 92 agg score. You are all confused.

What I said was, Munster could beat them, and nearly did, they were like a boxer hanging onto the ropes at the end, unable to score for the last 30 mins. I still rate them the number 1 team in Europe though.

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    Second in their league and knocked out by the team (it shouldnt have happened in the first place) most people regard as favourites for the Heineken Cup. While Clermont topped their league and have won 60 games in a row at home. It's nothing against Leinster, but Clermont are stronger on the basis of this year.

I'd rate Clermont as the best side in Europe, with Leinster second. But still both teams capable of beating eachother at a neutral venue... But only one result in the Stade Marcel Michelin ;)

I think that's a fair assessment.

Nonsense, their pool results couldn't have been anymore impressive, winning 6/6, and trounced Exeter something like 92 agg score. You are all confused.

What I said was, Munster could beat them, and nearly did, they were like a boxer hanging onto the ropes at the end, unable to score for the last 30 mins. I still rate them the number 1 team in Europe though.

You were the one implying that those results weren't impressive. You even said Exeter were the "whipping boys of the premiership" if I recall. Which is complete nonsense

You were the one implying that those results weren't impressive. You even said Exeter were the "whipping boys of the premiership" if I recall. Which is complete nonsense

I'm afraid you 2 are trying to argue for the sake of it. Laughable in the extreme.

No one in Europe can deny that Clermont have been extremely impressive in dismissing all the teams in their pool. Looking to become first team ever to win all 9 games,,. Toulon have been almost equally impressive though, and their only loss didn't really matter, so I'd have them a close 2nd to Clermont, with Leinster 3rd. Will be some final. I fancy Toulon to sneak it.

I'm afraid you 2 are trying to argue for the sake of it. Laughable in the extreme.

No one in Europe can deny that Clermont have been extremely impressive in dismissing all the teams in their pool. Looking to become first team ever to win all 9 games,,. Toulon have been almost equally impressive though, and their only loss didn't really matter, so I'd have them a close 2nd to Clermont, with Leinster 3rd. Will be some final. I fancy Toulon to sneak it.

Clermont aren't all they are cracked to be by so many here. Toulon have every chance of winning it. It's a 50/50 game.

10 days ago.

In this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84382086

in fact, its easy to say you've covered all angles really.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84278611&postcount=359
    I know where you are coming from, Sarries/Toulon will be a much tougher nut to crack than Ulster, I'd still back the winner of our semi, we'd have home advantage, and Clermont are good enough to beat the pick of the other 2.
    I think Leinster fans completely panicked and overreacted with their group. Yes it had Clermont in it, big deal, teams like ulster, ospreys, tigers, munster have always beaten them at home. Away was certainly a tougher fixture than away to Biarritz, but that's not too easy either.

more gems available here
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=622232&forum=388&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=Clermont&page=3

10 days ago.

In this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84382086

in fact, its easy to say you've covered all angles really.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84278611&postcount=359

I don't see anything clermont not impressive in pools, spare yourself the embarrassment & give up chap, you simply won't find it.

I don't see anything clermont not impressive in pools, spare yourself the embarrassment & give up chap, you simply won't find it.

You've consistently talked Clermont down all season. Whether by actually saying they are not all that good or by talking down their impressive performances (saying Exeter were premiership minnows, painfully untrue)

You can't just turn around then and become a Clermont cheerleader and act like you didn't say all that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

You've consistently talked Clermont down all season. Whether by actually saying they are not all that good or by talking down their impressive performances (saying Exeter were premiership minnows, painfully untrue)

You can't just turn around then and become a Clermont cheerleader and act like you didn't say all that

There's something strange going on. I can't quite put my finger on it. Rightwing talks down Clermont whenever someone mentions that they were the main reason Leinster went out in the group stages. As the Munster-Clermont game approaches he continues to talk them down saying that Munster will win.

Munster lose, and suddenly rightwing is claiming that Clermont are the bestest, most greatest team ever and that this has been his opinion all along.

You need to provide links. You can't use 'quotes' pretending someone said something without proof. I regard that as utter junk mail.

Show the links where I said Clermont weren't impressive in their pools for instance.
    Show where I said Clermont weren't a great team, (that's very different to saying they are not as good as people here think i.e. thrashing Munster by 30 odd point scenario.)

Bogota wrote: »
    There's something strange going on. I can't quite put my finger on it. Rightwing talks down Clermont whenever someone mentions that they were the main reason Leinster went out in the group stages. As the Munster-Clermont game approaches he continues to talk them down saying that Munster will win.

Munster lose, and suddenly rightwing is claiming that Clermont are the bestest, most greatest team ever and that this has been his opinion all along.

My point was, Clermont aren't unbeatable, Leinster should beat them at home, teams like Ospreys/tigers/ulster/munster have all done it. That doesn't mean they are not a great team. But a lot of Leinster people seem to think no one can get within 30 points of them,,,,they can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

So anyway, this might be more useful than this conversation

http://www.cybervulcans.net/site/encyclopedie-des-chants-des-supporters-de-lasm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Just saw on the ERC website that this will be Benjamin Kayser's third final; he already has loser's medals from 2009 (Leicester) and 2005 (Stade).

Didn't realise he was around as long as that. Good achievement to be only 20 playing in your first HC final.

I wish the Leinster v Munster rivalry was this much banter....

923320_10200204151200330_427269227_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

My point was, Clermont aren't unbeatable, Leinster should beat them at home, teams like Ospreys/tigers/ulster/munster have all done it. That doesn't mean they are not a great team. But a lot of Leinster people seem to think no one can get within 30 points of them,,,,they can.

In fairness whats their current unbeaten run in SMM?

Leinster beat them last year by an inch in Bordeaux, Munster put everything on the line and came up just short. That's how difficult they are in France alone. Put them in SMM and it takes something incredibly special to beat them. When was the last time they were beaten there? Leinster have probably come the closest to beating them in the SMM in the last four years and that was with Goodman-D'arcy at centre and Madigan at full back! So I don't think any Leinster fan thinks no one can get within 30 points of them, sure they only beat them last season and in the SMM they were very unfortunate to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bogota wrote: »
    In fairness whats their current unbeaten run in SMM?

For the record, it's 60+ wins.

Jesus. Teams should just forfeit and cover the costs of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kotze, Vosloo and Rougerie have yet to return to training.

BTW Clermont fans organising a march from merrion square to the aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Just went and picked up my ticket, It tells me I bought a restricted view ticket :( Anyone know what would be in the way in block 138 row b seat 11? Im thinking as its so close to the front so maybe a camera man?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

afatbollix wrote: »
    Just went and picked up my ticket, It tells me I bought a restricted view ticket :( Anyone know what would be in the way in block 138 row b seat 11? Im thinking as its so close to the front so maybe a camera man?

Most likely a camera man. I sat somewhere similar for Ireland vs Argentina in November, row D i think and i couldnt see maybe 5% of the pitch due to a camera man on the pitch. The row behind me's ticket cost 30 euro while mine cost 15 euro and no way was the price difference justified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Will different ends of the stadium be devoted to either team..... or is it open ticketing?

Advertisement