Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Like most rugby matches open Id say, But you will find sections were given to certain groups. Who knows they might want to do the checkered effect they did at Croke park with Munster and Leinster. That looked class.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It'll be mostly open as 30,000 or so tickets were sold a year ago. The tickets set aside for the finalists will be the only ones that are in any way sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'd say mostly open. When the tickets went on sale last year they were snapped up in the first couple of hours, and I'd say there were a lot of Leinster/Ulster/Munster supporters among the buyers that day. I bought off a French web site (thanks to a tip off from someone on boards when ticketmaster sold out), so I could find myself in among French supporters. But there'll be a lot of neutrals there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Selling of tickets is prohibited on this forum. Please read the FAQ/charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

.ak wrote: »
    BTW Clermont fans organising a march from merrion square to the aviva.

any idea what time this starts at? Was hoping to avoid Merrion Sq as I imagine it will be torture getting a drink but really want to see/get involved with the parade. What time are they planning on leaving Merrion Sq at? What are other boardies plans for the day?

CANT WAIT!!

• Advertisement

any idea what time this starts at? Was hoping to avoid Merrion Sq as I imagine it will be torture getting a drink but really want to see/get involved with the parade. What time are they planning on leaving Merrion Sq at? What are other boardies plans for the day?

CANT WAIT!!

Taken from LF:

Parade of ASM fans from downtown to Aviva Stadium.
    We are inviting Auvergne fans to meet in the "Village of the European champions' which will be located at Merrion Square (1km-1.5km from the Aviva Stadium). There will be music, bands, bars, giant screens, past and present known European players, and plenty of space so that all fans can come together.
    We will inform you later about the for the start of the parade.
    The parade is organized in accordance with the ERC and the Dublin Police.

Il y aura bien un cortège pour la finale de Heineken cup. Il partira de Merrion Square.
    Défilé des supporters ASM du centre-ville jusqu’au stade Aviva.
    Nous proposons aux supporters Auvergnat de se retrouver dans le « Village des champions d’Europe » qui sera localisé à Merrion Square (soit 1km-1.5km du Stade Aviva). Il y aura de la musique, orchestres, bars, écrans géants, des anciens et actuels joueurs européens connus, et beaucoup d’espace afin que tous les supporters puissent se retrouver.
    Nous vous communiquerons ultérieurement l’heure de rendez-vous et départ du défilé.
    Ce défilé est organisé en accord avec l’ERC et la Police de Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Excellent - pints in the Gingerman and then trot around to the march out to Lansdowne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Cool.

I think I might parade to the statium with our ASM cousins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Fair play to the Clermont boys, that sounds like it'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It looks like Toulon are bringing their whole Heineken Cup squad with them to Dublin, an extended squad was announced today.

Les avants (22) : Steffon ARMITAGE – Bakkies BOTHA – Virgile BRUNI – Sébastien BRUNO – Levan CHILACHAVA - Xavier CHIOCCI - Rocky ELSOM – Juan Martin FERNANDEZ LOBBE - Pierrick GUNTHER - Carl HAYMAN - Mickael IVALDI - Gethin JENKINS – Nick KENNEDY - Davit KUBRIASHVILI - Chris MASOE – Konstantin MIKAUTADZE - Jean Charles ORIOLI - Danie ROSSOUW - Simon SHAW – Andrew SHERIDAN - Jocelino SUTA - Joe VAN NIEKERK.

Les 3/4 (15) : Delon ARMITAGE - Mathieu BASTAREAUD - Nicolas DURAND – Matt GITEAU - Benjamin LAPEYRE - Vincent MARTIN - Maxime MERMOZ – Geoffroy MESSINA – Frédéric MICHALAK - Alexis PALISSON - Luke ROONEY - David SMITH - Sébastien TILLOUS-BORDE - Jonny WILKINSON – Rudi WULF -

• Advertisement

Ah sure for the day that's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Is there any more word on Clermont Leinster shirts? I decided yesterday "fk it, when will we see a HC final in Dublin again" and bought a ticket. Supporting Clermont but would love one of those fancy t's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hersheys wrote: »
    Is there any more word on Clermont Leinster shirts? I decided yesterday "fk it, when will we see a HC final in Dublin again" and bought a ticket. Supporting Clermont but would love one of those fancy t's!

huh? what's this you refer to? :)

Going to the game on my own, anybody fancy meeting up for a drink or 2 and the parade to the stadium? :)

mystic86 wrote: »
    huh? what's this you refer to? :)

There were shirts floating about that were yellow with Clermont for the day on the front and Leinster for life on the back :)

Hersheys wrote: »
    There were shirts floating about that were yellow with Clermont for the day on the front and Leinster for life on the back :)

where and when was this?

also, only leinster/clermont? none of the other Irish sides?

where and when was this?

also, only leinster/clermont? none of the other Irish sides?

On this thread I think or the Leinster thread. And they were on twitter.

I think it's only with Leinster due to the comraderie with the Clermont fans. Over the years I've made friends with some fans and will meet them Saturday.

Just looking at the starting 15's there for both Toulon and Clermont from the semi-finals....

AFAIK, only 6 of the clermont 15 were French, and 4 of the Toulon Team....

So only 10 out of the 30 starting players were actually French.. that's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I picked up tickets for this as well. I'd definitely be up for the ASM march to the stadium. I have to pick up my tickets at the Clyde Court too. There should be time for that, shouldn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Going to the game on my own, anybody fancy meeting up for a drink or 2 and the parade to the stadium? :)

Check out the last page or two of the beers thread that's stickied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Impromtu tickets, also ended up with Amlin and Rabo-final tickets. Three finals in a week. First final is 4 hours after my last ever law exam.

Gonna be a solid blowout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

It looks like Toulon are bringing their whole Heineken Cup squad with them to Dublin, an extended squad was announced today.

They're already here by the looks of it. Drove past the Hilton Hotel in Kilmainham yesterday evening and the team bus was parked outside. Would have thought they'd be in a swankier location than that...

http://www.rctoulon.com/en/news/article/le-pilou-pilou-retentira-dublin/

601749_609142502447012_1119651542_n.jpg
    Pilou-Pilou has not finished tearing through Europe... The chant of the terrible Toulonnais warriors will ring out in Dublin this Saturday, two hours before the final"

The red and black "Shrieker", Cedric Abellon, will be at Merrion Square to make 'Pilou-Pilou' heard.

Meet at 3pm at the Champions Village at Merrion Square...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Les supperters Auvergnat will be meeting before 2 in Merrion Square I believe and are marching from 3

Rain forecast for the weekend. Boo-urns. :(

Toulon team for tomorrow:

15.Delon ARMITAGE; 14.Rudi WULF, 13.Mathieu BASTAREAUD, 12.Matt GITEAU, 11.Alexis PALISSON, 10.Jonny WILKINSON (cap), 9.Sébastien TILLOUS-BORDE; 7.Juan Martin FERNANDEZ LOBBE, 8.Chris MASOE, 6.Danie ROSSOUW; 5.Nick KENNEDY, 4.Bakkies BOTHA; 3.Carl HAYMAN, 2.Sébastien BRUNO, 1.Andrew SHERIDAN.

Les remplaçants : 16.Jean-Charles ORIOLI, 17.Gethin JENKINS, 18.Davit KUBRIASHVILI, 19.Joe VAN NIEKERK, 20.Steffon ARMITAGE, 21.Maxime MERMOZ, 22.Frédéric MICHALAK, 23.Jocelino SUTA.

Pretty much as expected, 6-2 split on the bench. No sign of Rocky :-(

130517-compo-2.jpg

If Rougerie and Vosloo are fully fit, then it's advantage Clermont I think...

Delighted, would've taken away from the final if they weren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Compo_RCT_Clermont_1000.jpg

6-2 split as Michalak covers 9&10. Otherwise the team starts as expected, with Rossouw back from injury to add bulk and a lineout option.

With Rougerie and Vosloo back you have to fancy Clermont to do it. However it will be close. Some exciting individual matchups: Bakkies vs Cudmore (yellow card!!!), Vosloo vs Lobbe, Giteau vs Fofana.
    Pretty much as expected, 6-2 split on the bench. No sign of Rocky :-(

The only wayRocky could have been in the 23 is if either Giteau or Hayman were not selected. You can only have two non-Kolpak players in your matchday squad, Fernandez Lobbe only got his Kolpak status this season after three years residency. Hayman should get kolpak status from next season.

By the way Rocky apparently has signed until 2015 with Toulon, although I can't find official confirmation anywhere.

Advertisement