Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Rightwing wrote: »
    No doubt, but no one travels like the Irish fans, so Clermont maybe 20,000 max. Toulon, would they get 5,000 or 6,000,,I know very little about them.

So how can you predict how many of their fans will travel to the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

No doubt, but no one travels like the Irish fans, so Clermont maybe 20,000 max. Toulon, would they get 5,000 or 6,000,,I know very little about them.

If Clermont had 20k traveling then the stadium will be full, if you factor in all the neutrals who'll be there to support Clermont.

Also, Clermont's first ever final. There'll be huge demand. They've already put on a lot of charter flights for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

trouttrout wrote: »
    So how can you predict how many of their fans will travel to the final?

I can't.

I'd say the stadium will be full too, but it won't be difficult to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd be surprised if the ground wasn't full. Toulon have plenty of "event junkie" fans like most clubs, they can get 50,000 at the Velodrome down the road in Marseille. However to counter that, Toulon wouldn't be a wealthy town so I'd say the trip and heightened flight/hotel prices might be beyond many people.

I'd be surprised if the ground wasn't full. Toulon have plenty of "event junkie" fans like most clubs, they can get 50,000 at the Velodrome down the road in Marseille. However to counter that, Toulon wouldn't be a wealthy town so I'd say the trip and heightened flight/hotel prices might be beyond many people.

It's sickening the way these airlines and hotels gouge people for matches etc. I know that's part of their business, but they go way over board imo.

• Advertisement

It's sickening the way these airlines and hotels gouge people for matches etc. I know that's part of their business, but they go way over board imo.

Someone said it here before with regards to the airlines, it's the price you pay for getting dirt cheap prices for low demand flights. The law of Supply and Demand governs all!

Someone said it here before with regards to the airlines, it's the price you pay for getting dirt cheap prices for low demand flights. The law of Supply and Demand governs all!

There's a little difference. For school holidays, the airline fares are more expensive and these profits do subsidise the off peak ones.

But take Munster the last day, Ryanair just put on 1 flight to Montpellier, and charged up to €450, that's just outright rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Got my Heineken cup tickets in the post today and realised I bough Amlin tickets, completely forgot as was last year.

Toulon's initial travel offer to supporters has been completely taken up, they are looking to organise more flights. 4,000 are definitely travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Toulon's initial travel offer to supporters has been completely taken up, they are looking to organise more flights. 4,000 are definitely travelling.

That's awesome. Presume similar number of not more will arrive from Clermont so a cracking atmosphere in prospect. Hopefully we get the match to, erm, match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That's awesome. Presume similar number of not more will arrive from Clermont so a cracking atmosphere in prospect. Hopefully we get the match to, erm, match.

I read clermont had chartered 23 planes... Which is like 4,000-5000 people just on the charters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

There's a little difference. For school holidays, the airline fares are more expensive and these profits do subsidise the off peak ones.

But take Munster the last day, Ryanair just put on 1 flight to Montpellier, and charged up to €450, that's just outright rip-off.

The peak demand flights don't subsidise the off peak ones. The cheaper off peak prices are designed to maximise loads and minimise losses. Very similar to hotel room pricing. If you're a reasonably sized business you can't just shut down over the winter like some island B & B.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't know if has been posted here before but the pre-match banter has started !

Following Mourad Boudjelal declaration that Clermont was "part of a lie not admitting their huge budget" (second in top 14 vs 4th for Toulon) the Clermont fans humourously created a facebool page dedicated to the RCT president: the Mouradthon (from the Téléthon, a major fundraising event broadcast for genetic disease in France) encouraging people to send a 0.01 € cheque to Boudjelal in order to help Toulon close the financial gap with Clermont :pac:.
    => https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Mouradthon/275885922548050?ref=hl

Ahah. That's some craic :D.

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    The peak demand flights don't subsidise the off peak ones. The cheaper off peak prices are designed to maximise loads and minimise losses. Very similar to hotel room pricing. If you're a reasonably sized business you can't just shut down over the winter like some island B & B.

Not entirely correct, as some flights are just completely dropped over the winter months to Spain etc. Airlines are picking up every sort of grant and subsidy available and then gouging the public when they get a chance.

As for the H Cup final, I'm beginning to think Toulon will win it. They can shut Clermont down up front.

If Rossouw is out then they'll lose some physicality and a lineout option. I think they should also play Tillous-Borde at scrum-half who for me is more of a grafter than Michalak. Michalak also offers an impact option off the bench at either 9 or 10. Wilkinson is a monster in defence and with a workhorse like Lobbe the ten channel will be solid. I think Clermont have a significant advantage out wide, particularly if Rougerie is fit. King is a great creative player but got exposed in defence by Laulala.

Elsom had a good game against Agen but he would have to be picked ahead of Giteau or Hayman as a "non-EU player". That isn't going to happen.

Sheridan, Bruno, Hayman, Kennedy, Botha, Lobbe, Armitage*, Masoe;
    Tillous-Borde, Wilkinson, Palisson, Giteau, Basteraud, Wulf, Armitage

Rossouw in for Armitage if he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I heard ads on the radio selling tickets for the final. Are they still on sale?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

One of the ticketmaster booths at the Leinster game on Friday night had a sign on it saying it was selling tickets for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800489EAFF88046?artistid=26999&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=225

Still available gone up a fair bit since they went on sale originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey Guys

I have at least one spare ticket, best place to stick them up? Adverts?

Looks like my 4,000 figure was way off, apparently Toulon only secured five planes despite a waiting list that required much more: http://www.varmatin.com/toulon/cinq-avions-et-pas-un-de-plus-affretes-par-le-rct-pour-la-finale-a-dublin.1229344.html

One Clermont fan on 'Mouradthon' suggested that they start a seperate 'avionthon'! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

seriously sturggling to sell 3 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

but1er wrote: »

Not surprised. Two French sides is the worst possible thing that could have happened to the final. Only 28k showed up to the last time two French sides contested the final in Lansdowne. I hope the tickets all move but I'm not going to be surprised to see empty sections at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Buer wrote: »
    Not surprised. Two French sides is the worst possible thing that could have happened to the final. Only 28k showed up to the last time two French sides contested the final in Lansdowne. I hope the tickets all move but I'm not going to be surprised to see empty sections at the game.

yep toutless is flooded with people trying to sell tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

€65 is the cheapest on ticketmaster, im not to bothered if i go or not, if i can get half decent tickets for €50 i might bring the father along and make the trip from galway to dublin for under €100

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Buer wrote: »

They put in temporary seats in the South Stand to reduce the capacity of the stadium and so try and make it look fuller :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

swiftman wrote: »
    €65 is the cheapest on ticketmaster, im not to bothered if i go or not, if i can get half decent tickets for €50 i might bring the father along and make the trip from galway to dublin for under €100

you'll get tickets below face value on eBay

but1er wrote: »

That's the way it goes, had Munster beaten Clermont, those tickets would have been gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I don't know why people with tickets aren't going, I'm really looking forward to watching a final without being wound up to all hell.

I don't know why people with tickets aren't going, I'm really looking forward to watching a final without being wound up to all hell.

few beers sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Actually can't wait. Two noisy sets of fans, plus a lot of nuetrals who usually travel to ERC finals, will be a great day out. Plus Clermont can throw caution to the wind now, they'll play out of their skin.

Advertisement