Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    He has only managed 16 yellow and 1 red in his club career thus far which, ridiculously, I actually am surprised at. For comparative purposes, Dylan Hartley has only 12 yellows in his club career in a similar number of appearances and is considered a very abrasive, borderline dirty forward.

Gotta factor in the post-match actions as well, i.e citing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Does anyone know when Heineken cup final tickets go on sale for next year?

Thought it was today but can't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

NoelJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Heineken cup final tickets go on sale for next year?

Thought it was today but can't see anything.

I presume it will be in Stade de France - I think I saw that tweeted somewhere, but nothing on the ERC web site yet. Anyway, it should be in a much bigger stadium than the Aviva, so there shouldn't be such a panic for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just wait for the pool draw next month, the pencil leads will be overheating in here as the routes to the Final are calculated, then the tickets will start selling

As the Irish teams are all kept apart from the big French sides, it'll be all about a good draw and the home quarter finals. I'm expecting big things from Ulster and Leicester. For Leinster it will be a tougher year, bullets to be bitten in the transition of the side, has to be done sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

vienne86 wrote: »
    ......so, when is the draw for next season's Heineken Cup?
    It's usually in June I think.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    Just wait for the pool draw next month, the pencil leads will be overheating in here as the routes to the Final are calculated, then the tickets will start selling

Pool draw is usually mid June with fixtures announced late July - tickets won't go on sale til after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

athtrasna wrote: »
    Pool draw is usually mid June with fixtures announced late July - tickets won't go on sale til after that.

I just checked back and see that last year I bought my ticket for the final on 21 May and the draw for the pools took place on 12 June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

vienne86 wrote: »
    I just checked back and see that last year I bought my ticket for the final on 21 May and the draw for the pools took place on 12 June.

Final dates are set years in advance when venues are booked so those tickets can go on sale earlier. Pool fixtures were released on 26 July last year, around 11am IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Delon Armitage has reignited his Twitter row with Brian Moore, Moore is only taking him to school, funny stuff.

@brianmoore666
    And @delonarmitage, if you start another row, it's gloves off, so up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Delon Armitage has reignited his Twitter row with Brian Moore, Moore is only taking him to school, funny stuff.

@brianmoore666

http://balls.ie/rugby/delon-armitage-and-brian-moores-twitter-feud-has-restarted/

While I wholeheartedly agree Armitage is a tit, I'm not sure I'm 100% with Moore here. a) he was hardly a demure angel during his own career, and b) he's poking, poking, poking, and finally he says he'll be the bigger man and leave it alone. Bit late now, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

@brianmoore666

Moore is coming across just as petty. Nearly worse if you exclude the action which started the row IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

who_me wrote: »
    http://balls.ie/rugby/delon-armitage-and-brian-moores-twitter-feud-has-restarted/

While I wholeheartedly agree Armitage is a tit, I'm not sure I'm 100% with Moore here. a) he was hardly a demure angel during his own career, and b) he's poking, poking, poking, and finally he says he'll be the bigger man and leave it alone. Bit late now, isn't it?

In fairness, it was in response to something Armitage posted. So it's not like he's saying something waiting for a reply and then going "I'm the bigger person , I'm out". Fairly straightforward response (or two), then "actually I'm not arsed anymore".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I am not a huge fan of Brian Moore. This isn't helping matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

If anything this has made me like Moore a bit more.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Lions video response is pretty good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

g'waaaan Delon!!! :DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

trouttrout wrote: »
    If anything this has made me like Moore a bit more.

I think anybody remotely famous getting into arguments on twitter looks like an idiot. Its akin to airing out your dirty laundry. I don't like twitter at all though to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Toulon players were on Matt Dawson's rugby show on Radio 5 last night (as was Ronan O'Gara, by the way....it's an entertaining chat and worth a listen on the podcast). Anyway, they were saying that they've been going a bit stir crazy stuck in the Kilhaimham Hilton until yesterday, and have been winding up Armitage and encouraging him to tweet, purely for their entertainment.

So seems like the escalation of the 'titter row' with Brian Moore might be partly the result of the winding up of Armitage by his team mates

Advertisement