Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

So it was announced that Dublin will play host to the 2013 Heineken Cup Final. Great news for Irish rugby seeing as it will have been ten years since they have last had it. I've always wondered though if the stadium itself was a bit small to host it as they seem to sell out 80,000 seaters all over the continent. Good to see that they're not overly persuaded by the capacity though. I don't care who's playing personally but I'll be snapping up a ticket when they go on sale :D

Looking forward to it already!

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchdaytv/play/media/id/8635

MOD EDIT: Do not attempt to sell tickets on this thread. Selling tickets is prohibited on the forum. Please read the charter/FAQ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

RHunce wrote: »
    So it was announced that Dublin will play host to the 2013 Heineken Cup Final. Great news for Irish rugby seeing as it will have been ten years since they have last had it. I've always wondered though if the stadium itself was a bit small to host it as they seem to sell out 80,000 seaters all over the continent. Good to see that they're not overly persuaded by the capacity though. I don't care who's playing personally but I'll be snapping up a ticket when they go on sale :D

Looking forward to it already!

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchdaytv/play/media/id/8635

I imagine capacity is a problem though. I'm sure it'll come to Dublin again, but much less often than London, Cardiff, Paris, and Edinburgh as they have much more capacity. I'm sure they'd love to have access to Croker, and if they think they can sell out Milan we'll probably fall behind them too. It'll probably be a good while before it'll be back again.

Still though, it is fantastic news. That'll be two big European finals in three years for the Aviva (including the Europa League football final this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, old news but great news. No train related nightmares from Cardiff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jack_Bauer

Great for ireland to host an event like this, except if 2 french teams are in the final, will the stadium be half empty again like last time....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Give it to Italy, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Will be great seeing Leinster getting their 3rd in a row in Dublin

• Advertisement

Jack_Bauer wrote: »
    Great for ireland to host an event like this, except if 2 french teams are in the final, will the stadium be half empty again like last time....

Nah. If two teams got to the final today and they only brought one fan with them each, the local interest would fill the rest. I try to go to all the ERC finals, even as a neutral... So having one on my door step I'd definitely go as a neutral. And I know a lot of others that will do that as well.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Please don't jinx it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Paparazzo wrote: »

2009, 2011 and possibly 2013 wouldn't really count as 3 in a row...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

eh, ok.

/he's saying Leinster will win this year (2012) and again 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Yeah, that makes more sense alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I suppose Leinster winning on their own doorstep is too much to ask!? Can barely imagine how great a night that would be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Jess16 wrote: »
    I suppose Leinster winning on their own doorstep is too much to ask!? Can barely imagine how great a night that would be :)

Hah! I said the exact same thing in 2003, bought tickets for the final and everything. It didn't pan out too well for us then, so we'll take it one step at a time in 2013 I reckon.

Hah! I said the exact same thing in 2003, bought tickets for the final and everything. It didn't pan out too well for us then, so we'll take it one step at a time in 2013 I reckon.

How about one step at a time fuelled by high aspirations?
    Is Schmidt (hopefully) contracted to be in charge at that stage or is our future unknown?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

How about one step at a time fuelled by high aspirations?
    Is Schmidt (hopefully) contracted to be in charge at that stage or is our future unknown?
    Schmidt was brought in on a three year contract so that would be the final year of the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

ulster's rise from the ashes ends in a repeat of 99:D. two more years experience for the likes of gilroy, marshall etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Schmidt was brought in on a three year contract so that would be the final year of the contract

Final year of Nacewa's contract too. Brian O'Driscoll looking to cap off his career. It's written in the stars etc etc.

Is it too early to start talking up the prospect of an all-Irish final? Perhaps :)

Confirmed my suspicions -thanks! I always thought Cheika was as good as it gets but Schmidt has been incredible for integrating younger players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Jack_Bauer wrote: »

I bought my tickets for Cardiff last year at very start, already have tickets for this years final in Twickenham for this years final and will be looking to get tickets as well for Dublin 2013. Would be great if all 3 had Leinster in them but that would be a massive achievement for Leinster.

At least won't have to get on a boat, drive 4 hours thru mountains, go on beer, then 2 hours back to a ferry where the whole place was very very dodgy!!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Would LOVE a Leinster v Munster final in Dublin!!! :cool:

Confirmed my suspicions -thanks! I always thought Cheika was as good as it gets but Schmidt has been incredible for integrating younger players

Cheika was good, but far too harsh on players, it wouldn't have lasted. It worked out brilliantly for us however, as Cheika really turned a lot of 'soft' players into something else and set up a winning mentality that Schmidt could work on..

Cheika however is a very win-by-whatever-means person, where as Joe is constantly looking on how to improve and thus win. The first thing he noticed when he came to Leinster was how bad our handling was in comparison to other skills. That shows great vision from Schmidt imo, and great to see him quickly accessing issues and working on them.

.. back on topic. I'd like to see an all Irish final, but it'd defeat the purpose of having the final here. It's to draw in rugby tourism as well.

For me, an all Irish semi in Croker and then a foreign team in the final would be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Would LOVE a Leinster v Munster final in Dublin!!! :cool:

I don't think either sets of fans could handle losing that one! Bad enough losing a final, but losing to your biggest rivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DivinityLost

When do the tickets normally go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

When do the tickets normally go on sale?

Last year they went on sale the day of the final in Cardiff......I bought them the week after, I think there was a set number of tickets on the cheap the day of final but I was in cardiff so last thing I was looking for was a computer to book tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DivinityLost

When will the next round of tickets go on sale, I think I remember tickets for previous finals on sale in Dec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

When will the next round of tickets go on sale, I think I remember tickets for previous finals on sale in Dec

They won't, it is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They won't, it is sold out.

Not quite true ... there is no general allocation left, but there are unsold allocations for the teams that make the final. So season ticket holders from either team are still in with a shout of tickets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

davidpfitz wrote: »
    Not quite true ... there is no general allocation left, but there are unsold allocations for the teams that make the final. So season ticket holders from either team are still in with a shout of tickets.

If that's how each team who makes it to the final decides that's how they wish to distribute their allocation.

Any more pedantry? Seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

If that's how each team who makes it to the final decides that's how they wish to distribute their allocation.

Any more pedantry? Seriously...

It's not really pedantry - if Leinster do make it to the final, I'd expect it to be easier to get tickets than normal, since so many people have bought them already and the team allocation will be easier to come by. If Leinster don't make it to the final, there'll be plenty of people willing to sell their tickets as well.

For someone who really wants to go, if they keep their eyes out they'll get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

sorry if there is another thread on the final, I couldn't find it when I searched.

Just over 3 weeks to the final in Dublin, got my hands on my ticket today :)

There was a booklet enclosed with the ticket which said there will be a supporters area in Merrion Square, and that for the first time there will be a big screen in the supporters area to show the match.

I wonder if they will be serving beer there?

It opens at 12pm and apparently you can get your picture taken with the cup there, before the game obviously

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    sorry if there is another thread on the final, I couldn't find it when I searched.

Just over 3 weeks to the final in Dublin, got my hands on my ticket today :)

There was a booklet enclosed with the ticket which said there will be a supporters area in Merrion Square, and that for the first time there will be a big screen in the supporters area to show the match.

I wonder if they will be serving beer there?

It opens at 12pm and apparently you can get your picture taken with the cup there, before the game obviously

They'd be mad not to sell beer. It's the Heineken cup, so I imagine they will. Although if other finals are anything to go on, prepare to que!!

Advertisement