Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There is a big screen in merrion square for people who haven't got tickets presumably? By the sounds of your post you have a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Have to say when I read the booklet I was super sick that Leinster aren't competing to make it to the final. The atmosphere around town would be electric. Oh well, just another 10 year wait... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The thing in the Merrion Square is the Champions Village. They will definitely, 100% be selling beer, though there is generally filthy queues for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

errlloyd wrote: »
    There is a big screen in merrion square for people who haven't got tickets presumably? By the sounds of your post you have a ticket?

correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I don't think Munster have much chance of making the final at all.

Part of me doesn't want it to be an all-French final, in terms of the Lions tour I could get the see the likes of Farrell in action etc.

But at the same time I kind of do want an all-French final cause Saracens were absolutely awful to watch against Ulster, surely Toulon against Clermont would be a bit more exciting to watch...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

mystic86 wrote: »
    sorry if there is another thread on the final, I couldn't find it when I searched.

Just over 3 weeks to the final in Dublin, got my hands on my ticket today :)

There was a booklet enclosed with the ticket which said there will be a supporters area in Merrion Square, and that for the first time there will be a big screen in the supporters area to show the match.

I wonder if they will be serving beer there?

It opens at 12pm and apparently you can get your picture taken with the cup there, before the game obviously

Got mine too. On form it could be an All French final(would love to see Munster there but cant see them beating CA) will head in anyway for the atmosphere. Could be a while before my city gets a massive European Cup Final again. Im 99.99999999 % sure that beer will be servered in the supporters area. Was thinking of heading in early and making a day of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

They messed up having the Champions Village so far from the stadium IMO. The Arms Park and just outside Twickers were great Craic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

P_1 wrote: »
    They messed up having the Champions Village so far from the stadium IMO. The Arms Park and just outside Twickers were great Craic

It also seems unnecessary, couldn't they just have it in the RDS grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

errlloyd wrote: »
    It also seems unnecessary, couldn't they just have it in the RDS grounds?

That's still a 15 minute walk to the Aviva, wouldn't be much of an improvement on Merrion Square.

Plus, if you have large numbers of people going to the fans' village who aren't going to the game, maybe you don't want them milling around the stadium?

That's still a 15 minute walk to the Aviva, wouldn't be much of an improvement on Merrion Square.

Plus, if you have large numbers of people going to the fans' village who aren't going to the game, maybe you don't want them milling around the stadium?

They had them milling about in Cardiff and London. Very surprised they're not using anything closer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

The champions/Leinster village last year was excellent-apart from the queues for beer which were ridiculous. And they ran out of Heineken by half time in the stadium..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Closest airport to Clermont with flights to Dublin is Lyon; cost of a flight with Aer Lingus for the final, departing Friday and back Sunday? €616. Ouch.

Toulon fans are doing slightly better, return flight from Nice only coming in at €471.

Closest airport to Clermont with flights to Dublin is Lyon; cost of a flight with Aer Lingus for the final, departing Friday and back Sunday? €616. Ouch.

Toulon fans are doing slightly better, return flight from Nice only coming in at €471.

There'll be fleets of charters going between Montferrand and Toulon to Dublin though I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

P_1 wrote: »
    There'll be fleets of charters going between Montferrand and Toulon to Dublin though I'd imagine

I thought they had 25 planes at the ready...there is a small airport in Clermont and a bigger one in St Etiennne which they might use.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I thought they had 25 planes at the ready...there is a small airport in Clermont and a bigger one in St Etiennne which they might use.

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. I still remember the dodgy Tupulev that I was on going over to Edinburgh in 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Clermont aren't all they are cracked to be by so many here. Toulon have every chance of winning it. It's a 50/50 game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's not a 50/50 game, Clermont are definitely favourites. Toulon have a chance, a bigger chance than Munster, but if Clermont turn up and play their game then they'll win.

awec wrote: »
    It's not a 50/50 game, Clermont are definitely favourites. Toulon have a chance, a bigger chance than Munster, but if Clermont turn up and play their game then they'll win.

Toulon mightn't allow them turn up, didn't see any of yesterday's match, but that scoreline away to Sarries is hugely impressive.

You def have Europe's 2 best teams in the final, and that can't always be said.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rightwing wrote: »
    Toulon mightn't allow them turn up, didn't see any of yesterday's match, but that scoreline away to Sarries is hugely impressive.

You def have Europe's 2 best teams in the final, and that can't always be said.

It was a crap match. There was nothing "wow" about Toulon IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This is true. However Toulon won't fear Clermont in a neutral venue, they beat Clermont last year in the T14 semi-final.

If Clermont get Vosloo and Rougerie back then they should do it.

• Advertisement

It was a crap match. There was nothing "wow" about Toulon IMO.

But there doesn't need to be. If they can beat you upfront, and wilko slots the kicks, very effective.

Shame it's 2 Fr teams, I see an era of Fr dominance ahead..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

This is true. However Toulon won't fear Clermont in a neutral venue

But is it really going to be neutral. Clermont know the Aviva, they have already won there this year and the vast majority of the crowd will be on their side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

But there doesn't need to be. If they can beat you upfront, and wilko slots the kicks, very effective.

Shame it's 2 Fr teams, I see an era of Fr dominance ahead..

I'll be you do :rolleyes:

What is this based on? Did you say the same thing last season when it was an all Irish final?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Swings and roundabouts innit, we could easily see an all English final next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

Jack_Bauer wrote: »
    Great for ireland to host an event like this, except if 2 french teams are in the final, will the stadium be half empty again like last time....
    Any chance of this fridays euro millions numbers? :)

They won't dominate at Six Nations level anyway if Saint-Andre keeps making a balls of things. The English clubs will find it tough in Europe next season as they have no clubs in Tier One. I'd expect the contenders for next season's HEC to be Racing Métro and the Tier One clubs.

By the way, I'd define a period of dominance as at least three seasons dominance. An all French final this season says absolutely nothing as it stands. Look at the piss easy pool Toulon got this season.

Clermont aren't all they are cracked to be by so many here. Toulon have every chance of winning it. It's a 50/50 game.

I suppose you will be absolutely lumping on Toulon to lift the trophy so

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/heineken-cup/clermont-auvergne-v-toulon/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Will be great seeing Leinster getting their 3rd in a row in Dublin
    .ak wrote: »
    Please don't jinx it. :(

:mad:

trouttrout wrote: »
    I'll be you do :rolleyes:

What is this based on? Did you say the same thing last season when it was an all Irish final?

What a dumb suggestion.

• Advertisement

What a dumb suggestion.

Are you not suggesting the same thing though? One all French final isn't really a justification for predicting a "period of French dominance" is it? You said yourself that Clermont are what they're cracked up to be and then you suggest the French will dominate? A bit paradoxical no?

Advertisement