Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a child under 30 - wasting your life.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Ok ok ,maybe 28 would be the minimum,30-33 being a perfect age.

All these single mothers at 18-19 ,the majority of them didnt mean to get pregnant.

You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold.

Growing up, its easy to tell which girls will have a child as soon as they get a chance,its usually the girls from the estates,the ones who wear PJs to the shop,the ones who come from single parent familys themselves,the ones who get a name as being easy,if you get what i mean.

Travel becomes near impossible or very hard at least,kids suck the life from you.

Every baby looks the same the first few weeks.

I love kids,but i also value my life and i wouldnt have a child until i am some way financially stable and have some direction in life.

If you want to move out of home and dont want to pay 150-200 a week on rent,have a child and the the social will give you a house,then proceed to allow the father/bf to live there with you,the entire county is doing this.

Reading that post is like watching an episode of "Lost". Despite multiple viewings I still don't have a bogs notion whats going on in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well another way to look at it OP is that they're trying to get through all the difficult stuff while they have more energy, so they can chill from their fifties onwards. Seems like a decent idea to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

This has to be the post of the day!

Out of curiosity, how does making a typo make you any less mature? Where's the irony in Tasha's post? I don't get it.

What IS immature, however, is picking up on someone's every little mistake, even something as simple as a very-commonly-made typo.

You don't sound like the kind of person I'd want to know, Kaneda, and that's been nice about it. I despise snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Just because you don't want kids doesn't mean that other people don't either. And who has a baby to get a couple of hundred euro a week? :confused:

wha ya taukin bout boss me and bridgie do it regular, well every 9 mnts or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

All these single mothers at 18-19 ,the majority of them didnt mean to get pregnant.

never heard of welfare babies, where people have kids just to sponge more money of the state?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Ok ok ,maybe 28 would be the minimum,30-33 being a perfect age.

You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold.

Growing up, its easy to tell which girls will have a child as soon as they get a chance,its usually the girls from the estates,the ones who wear PJs to the shop,the ones who come from single parent familys themselves,the ones who get a name as being easy,if you get what i mean.

Travel becomes near impossible or very hard at least,kids suck the life from you.

Every baby looks the same the first few weeks.

I love kids,but i also value my life and i wouldnt have a child until i am some way financially stable and have some direction in life.

If you want to move out of home and dont want to pay 150-200 a week on rent,have a child and the the social will give you a house,then proceed to allow the father/bf to live there with you,the entire county is doing this.

Its ok, calm down, i realise that you must have just come out of the (good) living room having received a lecture from daddy on how not to live your life.

Ask him for a few quid so you can head to Dundrum, you really need to vent to this to your freinds. Like Oh my gawd !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how does making a typo make you any less mature? Where's the irony in Tasha's post? I don't get it.

She was sneering at his post and commented that her baby could "right" better than him.

Now do you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Yes it puts these things on hold but not necessarily for a very long time, having a child in the middle of your career puts advancement on hold for the same amount of time. I know a girl who finished her degree, had a child and within a year had a job in her chosen field ( at a time when jobs aren't easy to come by).

Is this the reason you don't have a kid OP, you could tell what girls were going to get pregnant and you avoided them?

Whatever about travel, I know people who would tell you the opposite about kids sucking the life out of you.

Fair enough can't argue with that.

Solid advice :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

tasha200 wrote: »
    I am a mother of three, and my 11 year old son could right a post with more maturity than the op.... condecending and patronising, and I really hope the op doesnt have any kids, for a long long time, and when he/she does, he/she comes back on the this thread and reads exactly how ignorant and immature he/she was.

I hate little condecending twits. So yeah, defo dont breed.

*write a better post.

You had kids young, didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I've achieved more goals in life since having kids. That's with less money, less time, less sleep...etc, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bonavox wrote: »
    *write a better post.
    Oh the ironing

write/right who cares

It's boards, not an email to the boss
    Everyone knew what was meant

All these posts about spelling are tiresome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

mikemac wrote: »
    write/right who cares

I knew what it meant, it just went hand in hand with my perception of the poster that I just had to point it out. My bad, dude, my bad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Giving birth at any age is bringing life into the world. So I dont think its fair to refer to it as wasting life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I had my 4 children when I was aged between 20 and 28. So happy I had them young because I'm now aged 37 and can sit back and relax while my friends and sisters are demented running around after their young kids. :)

There is no law that says you can't have the career or travel when the kids are reared. I'm now in my final year of a science degree and sure I may not backpack for a year but I'm for definite gonna have some nice holidays in a few years! (without small screaming children:D)

Advantages and disadvantages to both scenarios, having kids young or old tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

mikemac wrote: »
    write/right who cares

Boards (proper noun)....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

never heard of welfare babies, where people have kids just to sponge more money of the state?
    That is such utter bullsh1t that I wish people would stop perpetuating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

She was sneering at his post and commented that her baby could "right" better than him.

Now do you get it?
    The OP left out plenty of apostrophes and spelled 'families' wrong. Therefore if you're going to equate maturity with spelling then that post wasn't any less mature.

Now do you get it?

No. She made a typo. She said her son could "right" a better post with more maturity. A typo is not a sign of immaturity or even a sign that her son can't write well. I still fail to see the irony here...maybe you'll have to explain it slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

No. She made a typo. She said her son could "right" a better post with more maturity. A typo is not a sign of immaturity or even a sign that her son can't write well. I still fail to see the irony here...maybe you'll have to explain it slower.

getting right and write mixed up is not a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

That is such utter bullsh1t that I wish people would stop perpetuating
    It isnt actually. Many people put zero thought into having a child because they're safe in the knowledge that the state will pick up the bill. Major problems down the road.

• Advertisement

Sooopie wrote: »
    getting right and write mixed up is not a typo

It's a common mistake and one I've made myself in the past when I haven't been thinking.

To be honest, I'd rather read a passage riddled with spelling mistakes than the snobby bile spewed out by the OP for no reason other than the fact that she wants to get on some people's tits for no justifiable reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

dis tred hos gun rly budly

It's a common mistake and one I've made myself in the past when I haven't been thinking.

To be honest, I'd rather read a passage riddled with spelling mistakes than the snobby bile spewed out by the OP for no reason other than the fact that she wants to get on some people's tits for no justifiable reason.

its getting the 2 words mixed up, not a typo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

That's just the problem Eve. The fact you don't agree with the original post doesn't change the presence of irony in a subsequent post. You're making an emotional response clouding your judgement.

Sooopie wrote: »
    its getting the 2 words mixed up, not a typo

Okay! That's not the point. Getting two words mixed up highlights nothing about maturity levels or one's ability to write.

The OP's post is full of grammatical errors, by the way.

Stupid thread. I've too much time on my hands today, evidently.

That's just the problem Eve. The fact you don't agree with the original post doesn't change the presence of irony in a subsequent post. You're making an emotional response clouding your judgement.

Am I?

Who actually gives a ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Just the truth bro,and sometimes the truth hurts.

Okay! That's not the point. Getting two words mixed up highlights nothing about maturity levels or one's ability to write.

The OP's post is full of grammatical errors, by the way.

Stupid thread. I've too much time on my hands today, evidently.

it was funny all the same, bad time to mix right and write up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Personally I think It's better to wait until you're over 30 but It's up to everybody to make their own decisions. There are benefits to having kids in your 20s if you don't mind the social and career drawbacks.

As for welfare babies, being stuck with loads of kids on the dole - with no father around - in a council house in a deprived area is cleanly something so enjoyable people are queuing up to experience it.

• Advertisement

Just the truth bro,and sometimes the truth hurts.

Hurts who? Me? A childless woman in her early 30s? Eh...right.

Advertisement