Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a child under 30 - wasting your life.

Options
  • 16-10-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Ok ok ,maybe 28 would be the minimum,30-33 being a perfect age.

All these single mothers at 18-19 ,the majority of them didnt mean to get pregnant.

You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold.

Growing up, its easy to tell which girls will have a child as soon as they get a chance,its usually the girls from the estates,the ones who wear PJs to the shop,the ones who come from single parent familys themselves,the ones who get a name as being easy,if you get what i mean.

Travel becomes near impossible or very hard at least,kids suck the life from you.

Every baby looks the same the first few weeks.

I love kids,but i also value my life and i wouldnt have a child until i am some way financially stable and have some direction in life.

If you want to move out of home and dont want to pay 150-200 a week on rent,have a child and the the social will give you a house,then proceed to allow the father/bf to live there with you,the entire county is doing this.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Em, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This is gonna be good.

*gets popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Aren't all children under 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

OP, they could just ban poor people, that'd solve this "problem."

Anyway, so what if people have kids young? It's their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Hang on - having a child before you're 30 will ruin your life despite the fact that those who do this are raking it in on social welfare?Strange logic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Tick tock tick tock

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Letting a scumbag put his dick in you without protection is probably the stupidest decision a girl can possibly make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

I am a mother of three, and my 11 year old son could right a post with more maturity than the op.... condecending and patronising, and I really hope the op doesnt have any kids, for a long long time, and when he/she does, he/she comes back on the this thread and reads exactly how ignorant and immature he/she was.

I hate little condecending twits. So yeah, defo dont breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I dunno, although i don't plan to have kids until i'm about 30, the earlier you have kids the easier it is to raise them i think, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Many people feel the best days of there lifes are with there kids so it really depends on how individuals look at it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Kaneda_ wrote: »

All these single mothers at 18-19 ,the majority of them didnt mean to get pregnant.

You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold.

Growing up, its easy to tell which girls will have a child as soon as they get a chance,its usually the girls from the estates,the ones who wear PJs to the shop,the ones who come from single parent familys themselves,the ones who get a name as being easy,if you get what i mean.

Travel becomes near impossible or very hard at least,kids suck the life from you.

I love kids,but i also value my life and i wouldnt have a child until i am some way financially stable and have some direction in life.

If you want to move out of home and dont want to pay 150-200 a week on rent,have a child and the the social will give you a house,then proceed to allow the father/bf to live there with you,the entire county is doing this.

some of us had kids young because we wanted to and you can travel with kids.
    I could have got a free house,no one told me that and I could have a man living with me. I feel liked I missed out big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

biko wrote: »
    Letting a scumbag put his dick in you without protection is probably the stupidest decision a girl can possibly make.

Kind of depends which bit of you he puts it in, no?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

But if you have them younger they'll be all grown up and you're free to live life, enjoying yourself with no kids!

My mam is 53, and I'm her youngest at 22. She's always running into old friends who are stressed with junior certs, teenage woes, even some tantrum throwing 8 years olds. And she's like lol my kids are grown up, heading off traveling for a month with the husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold
    If you have no interest in a career third level education becomes less appealing. In a good community people will just want to find a job that can give them a comfortable life while they contribute back to the community by giving it more children. That's just as much of a real life as being a corporate whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I really hope you don't have kids with an attitude like that!

I wouldn't call it wasting your life. Are you talking from experience OP?

I'm not sure I understand you. First your bashing it but then your recommending it if you want to scam the Social Welfare??

So people who where pj's are more likely to get pregnant :eek:

I'm very confused :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

tasha200 wrote: »
    I am a mother of three, and my 11 year old son could right a post with more maturity than the op.... condecending and patronising, and I really hope the op doesnt have any kids, for a long long time, and when he/she does, he/she comes back on the this thread and reads exactly how ignorant and immature he/she was.

Sounds like someone popped a couple of sprogs early on in life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Of course you are going to say that.

I have never in my life heard of a woman/girl say that she wish she didnt have the child so young.never.

But in the back of their minds you know they are thinking it.

When they see all there friends heading to OZ,or travelling around the world,do you not think they are even a small bit regretful,but the catch 22 is that they cant tell anyone that they are,as thats basically saying i dont want to raise my child,i want my life back.

No hate towards kids,not at all but i think having children is a serious matter,not something you do to get a free house and something you do just because you drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

So OP, you're a bit older, mid twenties?

You have no long term partner
    You don't have a good career
    You don't have savings or a house deposit or own a property

And you want to judge others?

Maybe work on your own life and set some goals for yourself
    It's always the bitter people who compare themselves to everyone else, just work on yourself OP and don't worry over what you can't control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Oh the ironing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

gotta agree with the op a lot. Most of the people I work with seem to have had kids by mistake and werent planned. Then again they are a scummy working class waterford crowd. Not a cosmopolitan middle class cork chap like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Dean09 wrote: »
    This is gonna be shit....
    again

fyp.

Oh the ironing

This has to be the post of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Not necessarity a bad thing but some young parents (fathers moreso) are either the pits or parent acceptably with great difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭NomdePlume

Nah. Growing up, you learn that there are many ways to live your life, and many routes to happiness. You also learn that making sweeping judgements about "girls from the estates" and "single parent familys" [sic] will give you away as an unpleasant snob.

NomdePlume wrote: »
    Nah. Growing up, you learn that there are many ways to live your life, and many routes to happiness. You also learn that making sweeping judgements about "girls from the estates" and single parent familys [sic] will give you away as an unpleasant snob.

I just tell it like it is,you cant deny the facts,however unpleasant they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Its horses for courses,

But I understand were you are coming from, a child changes your life forever and it sets you on a course that has its own commitments and duties. You can achieve separate ambitions with children, but it makes them more difficult.

But some people are content to have children early in their lives, that is their ambition and so what.

But one thing I do notice once someone has kids there are very few regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

having a kid under 30 unless your fostering or adopting is 1 big bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think this belongs in the 1st World Problems thread.

Fuck me. Some people really do have nothing better to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I knew someone who said she planned to have a kid before turning 25. Because she could be a "cool" mother then. Her logic was flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Just because you don't want kids doesn't mean that other people don't either. And who has a baby to get a couple of hundred euro a week? :confused:

Advertisement