Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

bmaxi wrote: »
    I've seen this question asked again and again. Why not just ask a staff member if there is a scanner or are some people just too woosie?

Agreed. It's surely easier while in store to just ask a staff member where the nearest scanner is.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Thanks for the suggestion :o
    Didn't actually need a scanner last night so no point in asking. I'll ask the next time that I'm in. Just thought that the helpful folks on here may have seen one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

hansov wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's a scanner in Lucan? I was looking for one last night and didn't see one. thanks

I think theres one in the first meat aisle. Although last time I tried to use it, it was out of action so I just went to the information desk and she did it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Same in Clare Hall. The shelf price is 2.49 and they scan at that price :(

Tesco Finest biscuits for cheese 88 cents in Tesco Rathmines. Loads left. They were over 3.50 at Christmas and they are absolutely delish

Just check the date on them things...i tought i had hit a bargin with these a while back, turned out to be over a year out of date! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

The Golden Crisp in Galway is marked as 1.32 but scans at 66cent.
    Ive been buying a couple of the sweeties every time I go in (I visit the samie corner regularly).
    Just checked the top of my wardrobe where I stack them.
    There 9 Golden Crisp, 12 Tiffins, 2 Mint Crisp, 16 bags of Eclairs, a box of fudge (from pound shop) and the remains of a bag of Harbiro Mix.

THIS MADNESS HAS GOT TO STOP!!

and I dont normally even eat chocolate :-o

I must have about 50 large bars of Golden Crisp at 66 cent each. If I see another chocolate bar I am going to throw up . Luckily the best before dates (which doesnt matter so much anyway) on most of them seem to extend into 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Mahon earlier and was getting a packet of KP Sweet Chilli jumbo cashews I scanned the price to make sure they were still 75% off at €1.24 and they scanned at 1c:eek: so I got a number of packets I did leave 2 packets on the shelf because I am nice like that:cool:. All BBE dates were in March.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIkfS6gDpNKECE-PSr65Vs5C7y4Tpiwep5ESETV2MD6BQLZbok-Q
    I noticed other interesting bags of peanuts which sounded rather nice KP Nutty Nibbles in a variety of flavours. The Caramel and honeycomb mix sounded nice so I scanned them and they too were 1c:eek:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_LONzBA8ENrNBMujq3M_Ujt9avOPGQZ4CEMOzPFwjasBW9XbJmA
    These were mixed up amongst the other varieties of Nutty Nibbles so there may be a good few bags left, (I didn't go mad with these) but I noticed when I got home that most were best before 31/12/11:( But 2 were sometime in March. (No other varieties were reduced) They aren't really my cup of tea but for 1c per bag you can't complain!
    My brother has checked Midleton store and they are not reduced but its worth checking out other branches if you are nearby one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

DaLad wrote: »
    Not sure if someone has posted this already or not.

AMAZING deal!

AmazingDeal.jpg

Looks like a great deal indeed. Anyone know what DVDs you can chose from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

fjon wrote: »
    Looks like a great deal indeed. Anyone know what DVDs you can chose from?

Some info about it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76705557

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Boxes of Quality Street €2.00 in Tesco Rathfarnham (normal size, can't remember what g)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Just check the date on them things...i tought i had hit a bargin with these a while back, turned out to be over a year out of date! :eek:

They are ok until August 2012 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

12 X 330 ml cans of Budweiser for 5 euro in Tesco Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Ambrosia Devon Custard 400G listed at €1.15 on tesco website is 28c in tesco Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Custard, Budweiser, Quality Street- that's my weekend sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Anyone seeing the deals the UK Tesco are giving out? 10c off every litre of fuel when you spend I think £50. When are they likely to follow suit here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing the deals the UK Tesco are giving out? 10c off every litre of fuel when you spend I think £50. When are they likely to follow suit here?

Don't hold your breath. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

They had a terrible Christmas in Britain, so they are doing their best to rebuild market share.

(I presume it's okay to discuss this?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

It's a short term offer in the UK, over on the 5th, It's €0.05 a Liter here.

S Cat your not wiped yet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

lesnol wrote: »
    Ambrosia Devon Custard 400G listed at €1.15 on tesco website is 28c in tesco Dundrum.

sweet jesus! coupled with the bananas in the 3 for 3 im stocking up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bullseye1 wrote: »

They already did http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73388115

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

snubbleste wrote: »

That was back in July. I think Bullseye1 is talking about this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Rankin brown soda bread €1 in Tesco Temple Bar, down from €1.95 or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Tesco sensitive anti dandruff shampoo now 24c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The Golden crisps were back to full price in Mahon when I went in yesterday:( And there were no mint crisps or tiffins to be found.
    Interestingly the KP cashews and peanut things that I got for 1c are priced at 1c online too so it must be nationwide. http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271126984 http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271126892 Also noticed that the Kp 500g dry roasted caddy is also down at 1c http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266893220

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

got

xmen first class+vienetta+2 goodfellas+6pack guinness stout(not the same as draught mind!) for 15e,

plus

4 cans miller + tesco pizzereriaish for 5e,

4pk mint aero for 1.50e,

and a pack of yellow sticker cookies for 70c

so a bill of 39e+- a few cents became 22.20e

hard to beat no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Sounds good. Which branch?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

blanchardstown. but all were yellow price label so they should work in any.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

lindtee wrote: »
    The Golden crisps were back to full price in Mahon when I went in yesterday:( And there were no mint crisps or tiffins to be found.
    Interestingly the KP cashews and peanut things that I got for 1c are priced at 1c online too so it must be nationwide. http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271126984 http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271126892 Also noticed that the Kp 500g dry roasted caddy is also down at 1c http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266893220[/QUOTE]

These nuts bags are not available in Clare Hall. However, they are in their Bargain store for 2.49€ :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

nothing but rubbish in the clearance section in Tullow yesterday.. bag of soft apples for 2.19.... come on. did get a box of diary milk chocolates for €2.49 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    did get a box of diary milk chocolates for €2.49 though.

Dairy milk or nestle dairybox

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where are the clearance sections in Limerick Tesco Arthurs quay and Dooradoyle?
    Also where are the price checkers?

Does your Tesco Iphone app work to check the prices?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement