Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Buy Persil & get 5c/l off petrol

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if it's a bargain or not..

Tesco offer 5c off per litre of petrol when you buy selected Persil products. All selected Persil products cost €10. You get a voucher with your shopping receipt. There are a few coupons around for Persil including a €2 one on pigsback.com. Shop before 2 August, buy petrol before 16 August.
    http://www.tesco.ie/petrol
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

snubbleste wrote: »
    not sure if it's a bargain or not..

Tesco offer 5c off per litre of petrol when you buy selected Persil products. All selected Persil products cost €10. You get a voucher with your shopping receipt. There are a few coupons around for Persil including a €2 one on pigsback.com. Shop before 2 August, buy petrol before 16 August.
    http://www.tesco.ie/petrol

If theres a fuel restriction ie 20 litres then its only 1 euro 'saving' off your petrol so yeah its not really a bargain IMO. because you're buying a product you dont necessarily want for 10 euro(which seems expensive to me), tesco low grade fuel and for the grand net loss of a few euro id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

chave wrote: »
    If theres a fuel restriction ie 20 litres then its only 1 euro 'saving' off your petrol so yeah its not really a bargain IMO. because you're buying a product you dont necessarily want for 10 euro(which seems expensive to me), tesco low grade fuel and for the grand net loss of a few euro id imagine.

its up to 100 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

Those 5c off are only worth it if you would have bought the original product anyway, or equivalent.

If petrol was €1.45/Litre and you filled your car (usually 60L) = €87
    With discount its €1.40/Litre x 60L = €84

So as the product cost €10, you are out of pocket €7 (but obviously have use of the persil product) UNLESS you always bought that persil product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

snubbleste wrote: »
    There are a few coupons around for Persil including a €2 one on pigsback.com. Shop before 2 August, buy petrol before 16 August.

Only off persil bio, not non bio:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Only off persil bio, not non bio:(

It is off non-bio too- the 50 wash box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

smccarrick wrote: »
    It is off non-bio too- the 50 wash box?

maybe I'm reading it wrong, €2 off any Persil bio product, I took that to exclude non bio!

hold on....coupon says €2 off once accepted as part payment for Persil Bio, so Non bio would suggest its not bio obviously or am I loosing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

danjo-xx wrote: »
    maybe I'm reading it wrong, €2 off any Persil bio product, I took that to exclude non bio!

hold on....coupon says €2 off once accepted as part payment for Persil Bio, so Non bio would suggest its not bio obviously or am I loosing it.

Lol......

It says bio on the €2 voucher, but they accept it for the non-bio too....... I've been using it in Maynooth and Lucan, without any problems.

The petrol voucher then is for any Persil product at all- literally any of them.....

Advertisement