Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

And if you unwrap them carefully, inside the paper, in tiny writing, in Irish, is written
    the secret

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A couple of items where it is cheaper to buy 2 than 1

Tesco Lasagne 1.2Kg €6.00 (€5.00/kg) (in the fridge aisle)
    2 For 5.00 valid until 5/3/2012

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Mission 8 Pack Delicatessen Wrap Original €2.89 (€0.36/each) (in the bread aisle)
    Any 2 For 2.50 valid until 7/2/2012
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

530330.gif530327.gifTiffin1.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you forgot one

4625388195_57b2cb01e4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Aine Or milk or dark chocolate bars (100g) 62 cents in Clare Hall

Broccoli 39 cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VirtualWorld

So called Turkey trays €1.00 Tesco PLaoise. I say so called because they aren't that high. So really, they are baking trays with sloped sides... Handy for scones & cookies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

dulpit wrote: »
    Is there?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

you forgot one

4625388195_57b2cb01e4.jpg

As Borat would say, Very nice,how much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

oh come on with this crap, there's no secret or yellow label policy. lets keep an eye on the real bargins, and IMO mint crisp bars aren't a bargain so move onto something new that people are actually interested in buying.

So something that's normally over €2 is now available for 66c, and that's not a bargain? Don't be silly.
    Bargain alerts don't have to run in hundreds of euros. A bargain, in my eyes, is something that's a significnat percentage cheaper than it's normal retail price. In my eyes, a 10c Chomp bar selling for 1c is as big a bargain as a €10k telly selling for €1k. Wouldn't stop me buying the telly like, but I'd be living on Chomps for 6 months to pay for the thing.

And if you're looking for a cheaper dinner, every day your local supermarket throws out many many kilos of perfectly good food. I'm sure if you asked them, they'd give it to you instead of the bin.

Now, if someone could help me down off my soapbox.....

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Soarer wrote: »
    So something that's normally over €2 is now available for 66c, and that's not a bargain? Don't be silly.
    Bargain alerts don't have to run in hundreds of euros. A bargain, in my eyes, is something that's a significnat percentage cheaper than it's normal retail price. In my eyes, a 10c Chomp bar selling for 1c is as big a bargain as a €10k telly selling for €1k. Wouldn't stop me buying the telly like, but I'd be living on Chomps for 6 months to pay for the thing.

And if you're looking for a cheaper dinner, every day your local supermarket throws out many many kilos of perfectly good food. I'm sure if you asaked them, they'd give it to you instead of the bin.

Now, to get off my soapbox.....

No, they wouldn't. I know it sounds crazy, all this perfectly ok food that's gone to waste. Should be given to charities. Except they can't, for 2 reasons:
    1. Insurance: if anything happened and the receiver got food poisoning, he /she could sue the supermarket
    2. Economy: if a supermarket starts to give out food, they potentially loose buyers who will only get the free stuff (as a buyer, I certainly would). People will wait for stuff to reach the sale by date and get it for free. Of course, not everyone would do that, but if you consider the amount of people now buying from the salmonella corner (I shop at certain times because I know the breads and vegs will be greatly reduced), it makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

erm, i don't think i've ever seen a mint crisp bar for over €2, unless its one of the larger ones.

you may take your soap box and break it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

sooooooooo any other bargins other than mint crisps, that one has being logged now i think:D

Do Tesco sell things other than Mint Crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

haha yeah, green meat & slimy veg in Salmonella corner :p

It's not all that bad though, I LOVE salmonella corner, I'm just a bit shocked at how popular it is these days - I have actually seen people push the person reducing stuff down out the way to get things :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,052 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

erm, i don't think i've ever seen a mint crisp bar for over 2, unless its one of the larger ones.

you may take your soap box and break it up....

They are the larger ones. And the Golden Crisps are the GIANT ones :-P

LavaLamp wrote: »
    haha yeah, green meat & slimy veg in Salmonella corner :p

It's not all that bad though, I LOVE salmonella corner, I'm just a bit shocked at how popular it is these days - I have actually seen people push the person reducing stuff down out the way to get things :eek:

I saw someone walk along beside the guy who gathers up the stuff for Salmonella Corner. It was in Parnell St Tescos, and as he filled a trolley with stuff (he was scanning it and printing the stickers as he went) she walked beside him and took the stuff out of his trolley and put it into hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I saw someone walk along beside the guy who gathers up the stuff for Salmonella Corner. It was in Parnell St Tescos, and as he filled a trolley with stuff (he was scanning it and printing the stickers as he went) she walked beside him and took the stuff out of his trolley and put it into hers.

thats a good idea:p

At our MrT, the person who does the price reductions puts a corden (queue line type thing) around himself to stop people jostling him while he adds products to the reduced section.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭smilgy

5 pack kitkat chunkys for 1.05 in tesco kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

haha cheeky but I like her style!! I would be tempted meself if they did that in Ennis. Instead you have to put on full combat gear and barge your way through to the things you want! Last week there were about 3 people sitting on the floor in front of Salmonella corner waiting for the final reductions, crazyness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,052 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They have 'bouncer ropes' around the salmonella corner in Galway now while the young lad is changing the prices to keep the vultures at bay.
    Thought I was gonna be checked for white socks first time I saw it.
    Some of the feckers are just sweeping everything off the shelf into their trollys now and then abandoning what they dont want all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

They are the larger ones. And the Golden Crisps are the GIANT ones :-P

What are the golden crisps going for and at what size? I'm going to cinema later, might pop into Tescos first to stock up :D

What are the golden crisps going for and at what size? I'm going to cinema later, might pop into Tescos first to stock up :D

Going for a song and are big.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

230g and only 66c!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure if someone has posted this already or not.

AMAZING deal!

AmazingDeal.jpg

How much is the stand-alone sandwich board? I can't see an SEL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Libera wrote: »

230g and only 66c!! :D

Correct!

Which is a frickin bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I have yet to get these mint crisps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

efb wrote: »
    I have yet to get these mint crisps :(

Me too, I really should have checked on here before I went to Tesco earlier lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

With all this talk of salmonella corner just thought I'd let ye know there's a salmonella box by the fish counter too (in Midleton anyways)
    It's just a box full of ice sitting on top of the counter by the fish and the butchers throw stuff in there the whole time. Not sure if it's going off stuff or what, maybe it's bags of stuff that people asked for and didn't take.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement