Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Rocheydub

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    Disgrace having that joke of a competition destroy the pitch for young lads looking forward to their final.

Hopefully if Ballymun win this year they might do so with some grace.

Some chip on that shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dubliner 2

Rocheydub wrote: »
    Some chip on that shoulder.

No idea what you're talking about. I don't think either point I made is invalid.

No idea what you're talking about. I don't think either point I made is invalid.

Both digs at my club.

Grow up.

Both digs at my club.

Grow up.

How are they both digs at your club? My first point was about the U/15 games that have been moved tomorrow because of Celebrity Bainisteoir. Are you a member of either club that was involved in that competition?

And if, as I suspect, you are a member of Ballymun then it's my other point I made that's got your back up.

Nothing at all wrong with suggesting that if your team win they behave with more dignity than they did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

How are they both digs at your club? My first point was about the U/15 games that have been moved tomorrow because of Celebrity Bainisteoir. Are you a member of either club that was involved in that competition?

And if, as I suspect, you are a member of Ballymun then it's my other point I made that's got your back up.

Nothing at all wrong with suggesting that if your team win they behave with more dignity than they did last year.

I think Ballymun played in Celebrity Bainisteoir a few years ago.

• Advertisement

Yes I'm a Ballymun man, and don't act like you didn't know... That is clearly baiting.

Also, if you know anything of the Celeb B competition, it made for a brilliant time in my club 2 years ago when we got to the final, so calling it a joke of a competition is a dig at my club.

Point 2 also. When both clubs are involved in a row, how is "Hopefully if Ballymun win this year they might do so with some grace." not a dig at my club.

Either re-word or apologise... Otherwise I was correct about the chip on the shoulder, or you're just a WUM. Either way, I'm sorry I engaged with such a blinkered individual.

motownman wrote: »
    I think Ballymun played in Celebrity Bainisteoir a few years ago.

Didn't know that but taking it as a dig at your club when it's obvious I'm referring to the specific circumstances surrounding what has happened to four U/15 clubs this weekend is ridiculous. And he says I've a chip on my shoulder:confused:

Yes I'm a Ballymun man, and don't act like you didn't know... That is clearly baiting.

Also, if you know anything of the Celeb B competition, it made for a brilliant time in my club 2 years ago when we got to the final, so calling it a joke of a competition is a dig at my club.

Point 2 also. When both clubs are involved in a row, how is "Hopefully if Ballymun win this year they might do so with some grace." not a dig at my club.

Either re-word or apologise... Otherwise I was correct about the chip on the shoulder, or you're just a WUM. Either way, I'm sorry I engaged with such a blinkered individual.

Both clubs involved in a row?

We all know what happened last year and we all know who the agressors were so go away with your WUM bull.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

chaps its ok we must all gather haste and agree that quite frankly Calum Best is a **** ................................post haste I must feed my dog cluxton the dog with rather large testicles .......................

Didn't know that but taking it as a dig at your club when it's obvious I'm referring to the specific circumstances surrounding what has happened to four U/15 clubs this weekend is ridiculous. And he says I've a chip on my shoulder:confused:

You "Didn't know" I was a Mun man, yet you post on a resser Dubs thread a handful?

And have less than 20 odd posts here on boards?

PLEASE!!!

• Advertisement

Both clubs involved in a row?

We all know what happened last year and we all know who the agressors were so go away with your WUM bull.

Agressors? Really?

GO away.

You "Didn't know" I was a Mun man, yet you post on a resser Dubs thread a handful?

And have less than 20 odd posts here on boards?

PLEASE!!!

I didn't know Ballymun were in Celebrity Bainisteoir. I don't watch it. I posted regularly on AFR and moved over here when it closed but didn't like it. When I heard ResDubs was closed I checked here to see if anyone knew why.

Agressors? Really?

GO away.

So Ballymun did not have half a dozen players suspended on the basis of video evidence while Na Fianna were exonerated of any wrongdoing?

I never revealed my club affiliation in the eight years I was on An Fear Rua but I guess I have now. So be it. I'm not going to let people away with bare faced lies.

So Ballymun did not have half a dozen players suspended on the basis of video evidence while Na Fianna were exonerated of any wrongdoing?

I never revealed my club affiliation in the eight years I was on An Fear Rua but I guess I have now. So be it. I'm not going to let people away with bare faced lies.

Video evidence of the incident. And video evidence of that alone. It was one of the most farcical incidents of justice in the DCB, and one that didn't take the full match into context. There were more incidents than just the final whistle, and I was there to witness it first hand... So don't call me a liar.

Especially when you are on record here of stating the resdubs was a crap site where you couldn't express your views (or words to that effect), and then say you weren't aware that B-Mun were in celeb B?? Everyone in NaF knew we were in it... Everyone in Dublin GAA did, especially our nearest rivals.

I'm out of this, as it will just descend into farce. I'm glad you confessed to being a NaF man. I guess it kind of explains your distain for my club.

Video evidence of the incident. And video evidence of that alone. It was one of the most farcical incidents of justice in the DCB, and one that didn't take the full match into context. There were more incidents than just the final whistle, and I was there to witness it first hand... So don't call me a liar.

Especially when you are on record here of stating the resdubs was a crap site where you couldn't express your views (or words to that effect), and then say you weren't aware that B-Mun were in celeb B?? Everyone in NaF knew we were in it... Everyone in Dublin GAA did, especially our nearest rivals.

I'm out of this, as it will just descend into farce. I'm glad you confessed to being a NaF man. I guess it kind of explains your distain for my club.

One of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on any topic ever. Video doesn't lie. I was at the game and I've seen the tape and the only farcical thing about it is how lenient the penalties were although I accept that the DCB were acting within the guidelines laid down for suspensions.

Take the full match into context? What the hell are you talking about? Wasn't there a referee there, and a very good one too? The game is his job. I don't recall any other incidents and I don't recall him sending anyone off. What happened afterwards is the DCB's area. And you calling them farcical is beneath contempt.

And I'm sorry I didn't know that your club was in some ridiculous TV show. I've better things to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Why did res dubs get shut down again? Hope it doesn't spread here.

As an unbiased lily white I was delighted to see Flynn get an all star he had a great championship unfortunately for the dubs he was the only Dublin player to really play with any heart in championship.

Think Meath guy is it keoghan should have had an allstar and kildares emmett Bolton!!

Such unashamed bitterness. Shame really. We never experience it from Isles or Whitehall or even Margarets.

For such a big club to have such bitterness. And so blinkered.

Such unashamed bitterness. Shame really. We never experience it from Isles or Whitehall or even Margarets.

For such a big club to have such bitterness. And so blinkered.

Seems like there is a pair of yis in it lads.

To be fair if this is the kinda crap that went on over on res dubs no wonder admin pulled the plug lads childish bickering.

To be fair if this is the kinda crap that went on over on res dubs no wonder admin pulled the plug lads childish bickering.

Yeah. But he started it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Gas craic altogether! You'd miss this type of row!

I'm ashamed I responded to the baiting.

I'm never going to post here again... Sure ressers is open soon!!!

Boards is a fine site rocket u should stick around forget res dubs ;)

Did they take up your offer to moderate? Hope this "spat" doesn't effect your chances! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Dubliner2: firstly 3 players were suspended after the final.

You haven't shown much grace yourself by bringing this up on a message board. The teams have met on a few occasions since then and there hasn't been any incidents. The incident is best forgotten but there are two sides to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

The tension....oh the tension......would you two just get up on each other and get it over with.

The tension....oh the tension......would you two just get up on each other and get it over with.

Rochey would take him!

Rochey would take him and insert his cocktail sausage in him!
    FYP :D

Dubliner2: firstly 3 players were suspended after the final.

You haven't shown much grace yourself by bringing this up on a message board. The teams have met on a few occasions since then and there hasn't been any incidents. The incident is best forgotten but there are two sides to the story.

It is a matter of record that five players were suspended.

And what's the other side to the story?

• Advertisement

It is a matter of record that five players were suspended.

And what's the other side to the story?

The Na Fianna lads liked having their bellies tickled...

Advertisement